Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Can we beat the Colts?

crazy4u310

Practice Squad
I'm coming to Houston from New Jersey on Dec 12th to watch the game and I hope we can perform well so that my trip is worth it and we get to beat the Colts. Can the Colts be beaten by our team is my real question?

Trite answer--on any given sunday, any team in the NFL can beat any other team.

More realistic answer--the Texans almost did last year, along with beating the SB loser and taking the SB winner to overtime and they are a better team this year so yes it could happen. Indy should obviously be favored, but the Texans have a shot.

I firmly believe that our Texans can beat any team in the league. The have the talent, and they never give up!

Remember, any given Sunday, any team can beat any other team! :)

edit: beat me to it! :thumbup

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
I know I remember the NO game last year. Did they change the turf during last season in NO, I don't remember? Is the turf in Indy worse than the turf that the Texans played on in NO?

Yes they have changed the turf in NO. No it wasn't the worst in the league--don't remember which was but seem to recall it was NE. Also seem to recall they changed it--may have been Philly.

In Reliant Stadium, the Texans can absolutely beat any team in the league. A year from now, they may be doing it away from Reliant on a regular basis. We actually are 1-2 in Reliant this year, and 2-1 on the road, but we all know how the SD game went, and the Vikings are on fire. We still took it to them. Never count the Texans out of any matchup. It's what I love about this team.
:thumbup

I think this team is capable of beating anyone. Unfortunately, I also think this team is capable of losing to anyone.

The Colts are a beatable team ..... The New England Patriots showed the rest of the NFL the blueprint for success against them . The Texans system very much mirrior's that of the Pats . Ball control , tough defense , being prepared and most of all limit mistakes are the key's to beating the Colts .

I think the Texans offense can put up enough points to beat them , the Colts are suspect on defense as usual . The real question to this game is can the Texans defense slow the Colts Offense . The answer to that lies in which defense shows up , the one who forced 4 interceptions against the Titanics or the one who showed up against hte Chargers and Lions earlier in the season.

The confidence running through the Texans is a powerful weapon.If the Texans continue to play to their best ability they can take the Colts-no doubt. :headbang:

Any team with a defense can beat the Colts. The Texans offense can also beat the Colts defense. The key here is to put pressure on Peyton Manning and watch for the stupid penalties (offsides, personal fouls, etc.). David Carr (particularly against the Radiers) showed incredible toughness and I beleive is one of the better QB's in the league. If the Texans can run the ball and protect Carr for those few occasions that he'll have to pass, the Texans will win this game.

Mike Malone said:
Any team with a defense can beat the Colts. The Texans offense can also beat the Colts defense. The key here is to put pressure on Peyton Manning and watch for the stupid penalties (offsides, personal fouls, etc.). David Carr (particularly against the Radiers) showed incredible toughness and I beleive is one of the better QB's in the league. If the Texans can run the ball and protect Carr for those few occasions that he'll have to pass, the Texans will win this game.

I couldnt agree more

Hitting Manning in the mouth early and often is key .

More than 2.7 Yards per carry wont cut it . The rushing game must produce 3.5 ypc at a minimum , preferably more. If winning the time of possession battle is important against any team this is the one. The best way to do that is RUN the ball.

No mental errors . Stupid penalties will cut a drive short in a hurry on offense and extend them on defense . The more three and out possessions the colts have the better .

Protect the ball ......Turnovers are the main reason this team is 3-3 instead of 5-1.

Like Robaire Smith said, as long as Indy and Tenn are at the top of the division we have to beat them. But first things first. Let's beat the snot out of Jville.

I know I remember the NO game last year. Did they change the turf during last season in NO, I don't remember? Is the turf in Indy worse than the turf that the Texans played on in NO
New Orleans switched to one of the Momentum/AstroPlay/FieldTurf variants after the Texans game - the one where Seth ripped up his knee.

Philly used to have the worst turf at the Vet but the Link has grass.

StL and Indy are the only two to my knowledge that still use the old hard as a rock Astro Turf. I've heard the players say that Indy's turf is as bad as it gets. Minnesota used to be the same way until recently but they also went to one of the Field Turf-like surfaces.

Of course we can beat the Colts. And ill give you one big reason that it is possible.

tx_johnson_andre_getty.jpg

I wouldnt worry about the jags to much the only reason the offense put up such good numbers the last few weeks is because the teams have had no defense ! Jags got a pretty good defense but i know or D can really slow there O down more than there D can slow our O down ! LOL so we can beat the jags,,,if we play like we've been playing !

If I am not mistaken, the Jags have put like 2 or 3 D linemen on injured reserve the last couple of weeks. OK I just checked it, Lionel Barnes, Jorge Cordova, and Paul Spicer, all DE's, are all on IR.

I think we have the O to beat anybody. But the Texans are going to need to stop some of the elite teams to win. If we can hold opponents to 20 or less then we have a shot.

Or D has looked much better in the second half the last 3 weeks ,,,it seems nearly all the points opposing teams get come in the first half ! I see our D improving slowly but surely !

Back