Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cal Mcnair - most confused man in the world.

There is more to this thread from Mike, very well worth the read and considerable thought/conversation. One important question, did Cal have to be approved to run the organization after Bob died? And if the answer is an affirmative, was he approved?

This is a very interesting question, and as far as I know, there is no approval required beyond the initial vetting of the McNairs to buy an NFL franchise.

It seems the only way to ever hold an owner accountable in any sort of way is if they commit an egregious act that tarnishes the shield. Beyond that, though, there is nothing about being inept or just plain dumb. Such is the entitlement afforded to multi-billionaires in this society, i.e. rules for thee but not for me.

Yeah, but I think it went something like this - "Deshaun, I'm sorry you think I'm an imbecile. But Jack assures me I am very smart and good looking too."

"I'm sorry you thought you were going to have any say in the GM hiring. Jack was supposed to tell you that "committee" talk was crap. But we figured when Dungy came out & said there wasn't any committee... I thought you knew."

Yeah, but I think it went something like this - "Deshaun, I'm sorry you think I'm an imbecile. But Jack assures me I am very smart and good looking too."

But really .... Does Cal owe anyone an apology or an explanation ?

The clear answer to that is absolutely not.

The things that Watson is pissing and whining over are above his pay grade. You can make those decisions when you own the team.

With the way he’s destroyed the football side, there’s no way they put him in charge of the money side.
Revenue sharing & PSLs make it kind of hard to screw up the money side.

Leasing out concession stands & putting Arian Foster jerseys on the clearance rack will be the extent of his decision making.

But really .... Does Cal owe anyone an apology or an explanation ?

The clear answer to that is absolutely not.

The things that Watson is pissing and whining over are above his pay grade. You can make those decisions when you own the team.
No, and I've never even implied he owes anyone an apology. It's his team, he can run it however he chooses. And we can either watch, or not. I'm only paying attention to them now to make fun of them. Cal and his "squad" have become a prime target of ridicule on all media platforms.

I've written before, Texans ownership/management and Watson deserve each other. And they all deserve criticism. A lot of it. Additionally, I know this comedy routine is going to spread onto the field. It's already started, actually. The defense was an utter disgrace this past season and it's probably going to be worse in 2021.

Anyway, Cal McNair is the CEO of the Texans. It was his decision to hire Jack Easterby. It was his decision to fire Gaine. It was his decision to allow Bill O'Brien total control over football personnel for almost two seasons. It was his decision fire O'Brien and hand the keys over to a "character coach". Yeah, he sucks at running the team but he doesn't owe anyone, including the fans, an apology.

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about the McNair family history? As in why did the older brother stick to the family business and the Texans got the brother would gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today? Did Robert value one over the other?

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about the McNair family history? As in why did the older brother stick to the family business and the Texans got the brother would gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today? Did Robert value one over the other?

To paraphrase Winston Churchill, the McNair family history is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. :thinking:

Back