Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cal Mcnair - most confused man in the world.

Reading this outright pi$$es me off.

In short, Cal McNair got hoodwinked by the people he most trusts. And amidst a chaotic 4-12 season for the Houston Texans, an atmosphere of frustration, tension and mistrust is now not just the dark cloud hanging over NRG Stadium ...
It's also part of the foundation beneath it.
the way he is 'connecting the dots' is outright sickening

counter/alternate theories?
anybody?

This about sums up the state of the Team

Yep,

Kowtow to DW4 or lose the lockerroom.

Guess what losing the lockerroom of a 4-12 team isn't worth losing control over your franchise Cal. It's time to grow a pair Cal. Ask yourself what would your dad have done?

Nick was with Boston for years without becoming GM. Maybe they know something we don't about him.

Nick was with Boston for years without becoming GM. Maybe they know something we don't about him.

Because Hoodie has/had final say on anything related to players, drafts and FAs. Nick was involved, and left because he knew he would not be a GM till Hoodie retired. Plus, he has said he wants to be his own person who is doing things on his own. Not Hoodies guy who gets no thanks.

Because Hoodie has/had final say on anything related to players, drafts and FAs. Nick was involved, and left because he knew he would not be a GM till Hoodie retired. Plus, he has said he wants to be his own person who is doing things on his own. Not Hoodies guy who gets no thanks.

Yet Cuck is going to force Caserio to hire EB to appease DW4.

The dysfunction lives on stronger than ever.

Mama McNair has to take the reins away from Tommy Boy.
He is clearly over his head as a football person, and is one of the worst public speakers I've ever seen.

Some point to his MBA as a sign of intelligence

I dont care what or how many degrees you have, a Cuck is a Cuck.

In order to get a masters from Rice you have to know and understand your subject matter, which in Cal's case is Business Administration. This does not necessarily mean running sports franchises. Usually you have to sort of "specialize" in a particular subject area, and I don't know what Cal's "specialization" was. If it was sports administration then I take back what I just said because he obviously doesn't get it.

Yep,

Kowtow to DW4 or lose the lockerroom.

Guess what losing the lockerroom of a 4-12 team isn't worth losing control over your franchise Cal. It's time to grow a pair Cal. Ask yourself what would your dad have done?

Welcome to the new NFL. Social media and $40 million/year creates a lot more power for individual players. Like it or not, it is what it is. We - the people - have decided that entertainers are extremely important people in our society, often allowing them to speak on issues that they are not qualified to comment on. So this new NFL should not surprise any of us that have been paying any attention.

As far as WWBMD - what would Bob McNair do? - well, we know firing Gaine after 17 months as GM would not have happened, as well as making O'Brien the GM after 51-7. And the Nuk deal probably would not have happened, and I Bob never needed some Littlefinger jackwagon whispering sweet nothings into his ear, simply because he was capable of making grown up decisions on his own.

Cal lost this team's respect, and this on-going fiasco is ALL on Cal and Janice. They are clearly revealing themselves to be a huge step down from Bob McNair's leadership. This 'lost decade' you speak of is indicative of Tommy Boy ownership. Deshaun knows it, too, and he doesn't want to waste his career hoping they eventually pull their collective heads out of their asses.

Welcome to the new NFL. Social media and $40 million/year creates a lot more power for individual players. Like it or not, it is what it is. We - the people - have decided that entertainers are extremely important people in our society, often allowing them to speak on issues that they are not qualified to comment on. So this new NFL should not surprise any of us that have been paying any attention.

As far as WWBMD - what would Bob McNair do? - well, we know firing Gaine after 17 months as GM would not have happened, as well as making O'Brien the GM after 51-7. And the Nuk deal probably would not have happened, and I Bob never needed some Littlefinger jackwagon whispering sweet nothings into his ear, simply because he was capable of making grown up decisions on his own.

Cal lost this team's respect, and this on-going fiasco is ALL on Cal and Janice. They are clearly revealing themselves to be a huge step down from Bob McNair's leadership. This 'lost decade' you speak of is indicative of Tommy Boy ownership. Deshaun knows it, too, and he doesn't want to waste his career hoping they eventually pull their collective heads out of their asses.
:clap::clap::clap:

Then they should trade DW4.

BTW, there's a big difference in what you and I are talking about.

How many teams with SB winning QBs let their QB in on GM/HC hires? Let alone the QB of a 4-12 team

Last edited:
BTW, there's a big difference in what you and I are talking about.

How many teams with SB winning QBs let there QB in on GM/HC hires? Let alone the QB of a 4-12 team

I don't disagree with you. That said, how many teams tell their QB that they get a say in picking GM/HC? There's the rub. Cal is an idiot.

But, this goes back to what I'm saying. The influential nature of branding, corporate sponsorships, and social media, are combined to give individual players a lot more power than they had a generation ago. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but rather it is what it is.

There's an old saying about never letting the camel get its nose under the tent that comes to mind with regards to the Watson/McNair situation.

Well said.

Its weird but I understand Watson's frustration with the franchise, but Cal is coddling a little too much for my liking.

Honestly, Watson (and the players in general) would respect Cal if he were hardnose, no BS, I am the Boss versus whatever version of Mama's and Tommy boy that Cal comes off as. Dude just does not seem like he has a leadership bone in his body, but has the money, title and public face.

Silly question, what the heck was Cal doing during the 15 years before Papa became ill? and once Papa became ill why heck wasn't he learning how to do all this spit?

Article from 2012 sheds a little light on it:

Cal McNair reveals a grin from behind his stately desk, a grin more childlike than one might expect from a 51-year-old man sporting a head full of gray hair and a thick, mature mustache.

"I'm like the Jerry Maguire agent," he says, then he mock raises his voice to imitate jubilation. " 'Every morning I wake up, I can't wait to get to my job.' That's how I feel. Really excited."

The former walk-on football player at the University of Texas delights in his job as if he is still the young child who used to cling to his father when he tried to leave for work.

The grunt work, as he calls it, is fun for Cal McNair. He loves that he gets to be part of the team and says he's mindful of everybody's roles.

Source: McNair's son well-versed in the family business

Take from it what you will, but it's obvious that Bob McNair was a self-made man, and Cal. . .well, he's Cal.

That article is really interesting 8 years later.

This one might sting a little:

Is Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair the new Bud Adams?

As late as a 2012 interview with the Houston Chronicle, Houston Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair couldn’t understand why Houston sports fans reviled Adams.

“It was interesting because the fans loved the team, but for whatever reason, they didn’t love the owner,” McNair said. “In this case, the fans love the team and the fans love the owner. I know Bud Adams, and he’s a nice guy. I don’t know exactly what he did to get people mad at him.”

This tone-deafness is precisely why the Texans are in the trouble they are in nine years later.

Full article

Now, having lived through Bud Adams and read a few books about Oilers history, I'd say Cal has a loooooooong way to go before he's anywhere close to Bud Adams. They are not even on the same planet (Bud being on Uranus, of course :heh: ).

And the article does not even shed much light on what we already know as Texans fans.

That said, I posted the article simply to show the optics of how the Texans are now being perceived nationally. This article is from USA Today, but we can find similar perspectives in a variety of national media sources.

As fans, what do we care? But, who else is reading this stuff? Potential head and assistance coaches? Potential scouts to be hired? Potential free agents? Is the Texans brand being soured in the eyes of many by all this drama?

This one might sting a little:

Now, having lived through Bud Adams and read a few books about Oilers history, I'd say Cal has a loooooooong way to go before he's anywhere close to Bud Adams. They are not even on the same planet (Bud being on Uranus, of course :heh: ).

And the article does not even shed much light on what we already know as Texans fans.

That said, I posted the article simply to show the optics of how the Texans are now being perceived nationally. This article is from USA Today, but we can find similar perspectives in a variety of national media sources.

As fans, what do we care? But, who else is reading this stuff? Potential head and assistance coaches? Potential scouts to be hired? Potential free agents? Is the Texans brand being soured in the eyes of many by all this drama?

It is being soured and rightfully so.

Thing is what FA would want to come here if the $$$$ is close tto equal. Cuck really screwed his franchise when he took the unprecedented step of putting DW4 on the hiring committee. The only way out of this now is to fully rebuild and get totally new players that will allow this current toxic culture to be fixed. They will never win with DW4 because of everything I've said before. But also because of the toxic culture of this franchise and it's not going to get better.

I think we can fix the cap in a year or two. I think we have 9 selections in the upcoming draft & a full slate of picks in 2022 & beyond.

I think we can be back in the playoffs as early as the 2022 season.

The key is to let Caserio do his job with minimal influence from ownership.

https://twitter.com/MikeMeltser/status/1355583775435059204?s=20

There is more to this thread from Mike, very well worth the read and considerable thought/conversation. One important question, did Cal have to be approved to run the organization after Bob died? And if the answer is an affirmative, was he approved?

Back