Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BYE WEEK @ Texans

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Expect the most competitive game of the year. Run defense will still be a problem, but the secondary will shine! On offense, expect more of Pierce power runs with the OL providing good holes and decent pass protection. Hopefully, the receiving crew will keep drops to a minimum and decent YAC exploiting the wide open middle of the field. Mills will struggle with the deep ball but will still out perform the competition! Go Texans!
:fans::fans::fans:

TexanBorn51

Veteran
Looks like all the Texans will be healthy and/or active unless something else occurs in the next 9 days. Make the time time count by making the corrected adjustments between the coaches and players. Study and play your game plan to another winning surprise. Go make it 2-2-1 after the Raiders. :logo:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
That's quite a lot. Are you sure they can score that many points on an empty field? At least someone will have to catch a pass.
you’re right too optimistic. So i’ll say the offense has its usual troubles moving the ball against air and grass but we still pull out a win 3-0 on the foot of Fairbarn.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Looks like all the Texans will be healthy and/or active unless something else occurs in the next 9 days. Make the time time count by making the corrected adjustments between the coaches and players. Study and play your game plan to another winning surprise. Go make it 2-2-1 after the Raiders. :logo:
Man.... it's going to be a long day defending DeVante Adams

Expect the most competitive game of the year. Run defense will still be a problem, but the secondary will shine! On offense, expect more of Pierce power runs with the OL providing good holes and decent pass protection. Hopefully, the receiving crew will keep drops to a minimum and decent YAC exploiting the wide open middle of the field. Mills will struggle with the deep ball but will still out perform the competition! Go Texans!
:fans::fans::fans:
Hate to be a killjoy, but not feeling a Texans victory here. LV actually has a good run defense and I expect this to blunt the effectiveness of Pierce somewhat. But the real disadvantage is Josh Jacobs, who has been lighting it up this season @ 5.4 YPC and 26 yards receiving per game out of the backfield. Could be the best back in football so far this tear. I just don't see how the Texans are going to stop that, and Carr is upper tier when he got play action working. Even if Davante Adams gets suspended for pushing that camera man, Renfrow and the WR3/4 can make up some of that production. Moreau and Waller (at least 1 of the two) should be back. Maxx Crosby is also turning into perhaps the best all-around DE in football.

Las Vegas is also playing with a HUGE sense of urgency. They made a splah in FA by getting Adams and Chandler Jones to win now and improve on their 10-7 Wildcard year in 2021, and results have been disappointing. 1-4 but close games against a good schedule. The Texans will be playing a motivated team also off the bye that needs to start winning games right now. We won't catch them off guard.

I still think the Texans can be competitive. If we can keep things close and Davis Mills can drive the ball down field a few times, I will be happy. I just don't see this being the spot for it.

Sorry to poop in the punchbowl. Just calling it like I see it. Hope I'm wrong. Better spot for victory may be at home the following week against the Titans.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Hate to be a killjoy, but not feeling a Texans victory here. LV actually has a good run defense and I expect this to blunt the effectiveness of Pierce somewhat. But the real disadvantage is Josh Jacobs, who has been lighting it up this season @ 5.4 YPC and 26 yards receiving per game out of the backfield. Could be the best back in football so far this tear. I just don't see how the Texans are going to stop that, and Carr is upper tier when he got play action working. Even if Davante Adams gets suspended for pushing that camera man, Renfrow and the WR3/4 can make up some of that production. Moreau and Waller (at least 1 of the two) should be back. Maxx Crosby is also turning into perhaps the best all-around DE in football.

Las Vegas is also playing with a HUGE sense of urgency. They made a splah in FA by getting Adams and Chandler Jones to win now and improve on their 10-7 Wildcard year in 2021, and results have been disappointing. 1-4 but close games against a good schedule. The Texans will be playing a motivated team also off the bye that needs to start winning games right now. We won't catch them off guard.

I still think the Texans can be competitive. If we can keep things close and Davis Mills can drive the ball down field a few times, I will be happy. I just don't see this being the spot for it.

Sorry to poop in the punchbowl. Just calling it like I see it. Hope I'm wrong. Better spot for victory may be at home the following week against the Titans.
The 1-4 LV Raiders on their bye week are trembling in fear of the mighty 1-3-1 Texans on their bye week. Going to be a real barnstormer!

Unless he's suspended and then Hunter Renfrow will rule
I wonder if Adams will even get a suspension—at least before this game. Adams court date for misdemeanor assault is set for November 10, and perhaps the NFL will wait until after to make a ruling.

Even though it seems cut & dry, there are some mitigating circumstances for Adams. 1) He has no history of any violent offenses; 2) Most importantly, the camera man rushed up right in front of Adams while he was walking down the tunnel. The camera man shouldn't have done this. Adams push, which wasn't even that bad or violent, seems more reactionary of a man who was surprised and clearing the obstacle that jumped in his way; 3) zero premeditation or after act intimidation, follow-up violence etc.

Not defending Adams here and he was wrong. But the camera man was also but jumping in front of him. Perhaps the NFL will wait for the court ruling in November before deciding on the appropriate punishment because of those mitigating circumstances. Either way, he'll probably get a max fine and maybe a suspension, but which week?? Hopefully the Texans get lucky because Carr and Adams are on the same page now, like they were at Fresno St. Dangerous connection Stingley will be tested to the max.

I wonder if Adams will even get a suspension—at least before this game. Adams court date for misdemeanor assault is set for November 10, and perhaps the NFL will wait until after to make a ruling.

Even though it seems cut & dry, there are some mitigating circumstances for Adams. 1) He has no history of any violent offenses; 2) Most importantly, the camera man rushed up right in front of Adams while he was walking down the tunnel. The camera man shouldn't have done this. Adams push, which wasn't even that bad or violent, seems more reactionary of a man who was surprised and clearing the obstacle that jumped in his way; 3) zero premeditation or after act intimidation, follow-up violence etc.

Not defending Adams here and he was wrong. But the camera man was also but jumping in front of him. Perhaps the NFL will wait for the court ruling in November before deciding on the appropriate punishment because of those mitigating circumstances. Either way, he'll probably get a max fine and maybe a suspension, but which week?? Hopefully the Texans get lucky because Carr and Adams are on the same page now, like they were at Fresno St. Dangerous connection Stingley will be tested to the max.
Looks like Adams will be playing next week. Stingley's greatest test as a pro coming up....