Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans. Noon. 11/4. **Official GameDay Thread**

Crick and Mercilus will be playing a starting role next year, IMO.

Yeah, isn't it great to have a team that not throwing rooks into fire and have some time to observe and learn? Even though we lose some talents to FA every year, we are able to obtain some more talents through draft. When Rick continues to have success in draft, we will be one of the elite organization for years to come.

Go Texans!!!

Last edited:
Monday morning here so I am at work so missed the last 3 quarters.

What role was Crick playing was he rotating at end or did he cover Cody while he was banged up?

Monday morning here so I am at work so missed the last 3 quarters.

What role was Crick playing was he rotating at end or did he cover Cody while he was banged up?

say him play nose, and DE. Also saw Watt play nose a few snaps. i like how we are versitle with our guys up front. Crick and mercilus have both impressed me as of late.

Not a pretty win but that's just the way it goes in the NFL sometimes. Better bring our A games next week against Chicago!

7-1! :fans:

Last edited:
I really hope Gary was trying to lull Chicago. We did not play as I expected coming from a Bye.

What was MOST interesting to me was seeing how Wade adjusted to the spread offense. They stuck in their base package even when the Bills went 3 WR. In the post game comments, both Chan Gailey and Fitzpatrick said it messed their gameplan up.

That's how they kept the run game in check.

Some correct me if I am wrong here(ormaybe i only noticed the wrong thing?

Did I seem like the billls did a good job making foster bounce outside aot more?

Not complaining and foster for his yards anyway.was just wondering if I was seeing straight

Some correct me if I am wrong here(ormaybe i only noticed the wrong thing?

Did I seem like the billls did a good job making foster bounce outside aot more?

Not complaining and foster for his yards anyway.was just wondering if I was seeing straight

They were getting good penetration from their d-line but also, their backside guys were shutting down the cutback. So Arian had the hole to the outside AND Schaub had all day when he went play-action.

It's the old saw about picking your poison. You shut down the cutbacks, you're leaving other things open.

For whatever reason, I decided to watch this game again. I'm watching the Texans 2nd possession. Big play to James Casey, puts us on the Bills' territory. A couple of plays later, Mario puts a good move on Newton... as Newton is trying to block Mario outside, Mario comes back inside & takes Schaub down for a sack. The next play, Mario jumps, Newton (opposite Mario) commits a false start, we're in third & 18. We're only up by 7 at this point, so we try to dump it off to Walter 5 yards beyond the LOs. Of course, no one is in front of Walter & Matt throws it behind him, Walter can't adjust because that is exactly where the defender is (behind Walter, no one is in front of Walter who is running an inside slant after faking an out) who makes does enough to break Walter's concentration. So we bring Graham on to try for a 46 yard FG. The Bills block it, giving them the ball on their 36.

Ok, no big deal right? The only unexpected thing there, is that Mario got a sack. Well, after Newton's false start, they do a little "Mario memory lane" kind of thing & the first thing they show is Mario on Draft day & in the caption it says "#1 overall pick 2002"

I had to look at it twice, couldn't believe that's what it said. I could understand if it were Fox. We don't play on Fox very often. But this was CBS....... we always play on CBS. You'd think they would know the difference.

Of course it isn't too often that the same team will have the #1 spot only 4 years apart, so maybe I could see it. But.... Mario coming to Houston was a "big deal" you'd think they would have had all that ready way before hand.

Anyway.

Hey, I didn't know Dorin Dickerson was playing with the Bills...... small world.

For whatever reason, I decided to watch this game again. I'm watching the Texans 2nd possession. Big play to James Casey, puts us on the Bills' territory. A couple of plays later, Mario puts a good move on Newton... as Newton is trying to block Mario outside, Mario comes back inside & takes Schaub down for a sack. The next play, Mario jumps, Newton (opposite Mario) commits a false start, we're in third & 18. We're only up by 7 at this point, so we try to dump it off to Walter 5 yards beyond the LOs. Of course, no one is in front of Walter & Matt throws it behind him, Walter can't adjust because that is exactly where the defender is (behind Walter, no one is in front of Walter who is running an inside slant after faking an out) who makes does enough to break Walter's concentration. So we bring Graham on to try for a 46 yard FG. The Bills block it, giving them the ball on their 36.

Ok, no big deal right? The only unexpected thing there, is that Mario got a sack. Well, after Newton's false start, they do a little "Mario memory lane" kind of thing & the first thing they show is Mario on Draft day & in the caption it says "#1 overall pick 2002"

I had to look at it twice, couldn't believe that's what it said. I could understand if it were Fox. We don't play on Fox very often. But this was CBS....... we always play on CBS. You'd think they would know the difference.

Of course it isn't too often that the same team will have the #1 spot only 4 years apart, so maybe I could see it. But.... Mario coming to Houston was a "big deal" you'd think they would have had all that ready way before hand.

Anyway.

Hey, I didn't know Dorin Dickerson was playing with the Bills...... small world.

TK....

Bro, you're gonna have to explain where you were going with all that.. Not sure where you were going.....

Maybe that we should've seen these offensive woes coming but our defense was playing really good at the time and bailed them out alot?

Back