Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Brock Osweiler agrees to 4 year 72 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there is a middle school education for you. So you got that going for ya, Congratulations. Cak will be proud!

jethrobodine.jpg

No, you've me confused with someone else. I did say based on the LSU games I didn't expect a high degree of success for Manziel. I did say Bortles would be better than Bridgewater, maybe that is confusing you. I'm not rushing anywhere, I'm still here PATIENTLY WAITING for the draft. Yes I think Wentz is one of the best QB prospects to come along in several years. I didn't say Osweiller would be a failure, I did say average and ordinary, mediocre. You advocate the use of the Ignore feature, yet, here you are.

Got me confused with someone else bub.. its not me advocating to put you on ignore although i should probably take the advice of several on here & put you on there. You maybe patiently waiting for the draft but as much as you're trying to hide it, it's pretty apparent you've got your mind made up...Anyone reading your posts can see that.

I like Wentz..think he's the best of the lot, but i'm not so myopic in my view of him as to cast aside the steep odds against him reaching his potential like most of these guys coming out...especially with him projected to go to the proverbial qb graveyard that is the Cleveland Browns. & i sure as hell wouldn't want my team to sell completely out to go up & get him..

Last edited:
Your avatar adds to the comedy but not so much to serious conversation.

Isn't the avatar just lovely. But on the real man, its hard to hold a serious conversation with you at this point. Especially with the way you present your opinions as facts. You have constantly made claims about the way the front office has conducted their research without any evidence to support your stance either. It's one thing to say hey, I disagree with this move and here is why. But to sit there is say that I have watch more film then those guys......... lol. Listen to yourself. Listen to the way you sound right now. There is a reason why everyone is fired up at you. If you don't know what that is, I will give you a hint it isn't because they disagree with you being against this signing. There are many of us who are taking the wait and see approach here on the Oz.

Texian, I would suggest heading to the Johnson Space and talk to NASA about sending a Mars rover to space to assist with finding your objectivity on this topic because it isn't here on earth.........

Nasa_88f098_2324144.jpg

Because that's what winners do! Commitment to Excellence!

yeah...well someone should've told the Jags, redskins, chargers and Broncos that when they gave up all kinds of draft capital to move up to take their supposed franchise guys.

No, bob takes a back seat to Bob.
Yes that is his boss. Bob obrien is paid to win games
I seriously doubt that mcnair would tell bob that mcnair is picking the players and obrien will change his coaching philosophy to make it work..i just dont see it..i dont think mcnair is that involved in the drafting phase

Reactions: JB
Isn't the avatar just lovely. But on the real man, I'M A REALIST, NOT AN OPTIMIST its hard to hold a serious conversation with you at this point. WHY? Especially with the way you present your opinions as facts. I DO? MAYBE I"M JUST CONFIDENT IN MY OPINIONS, I PUT A LOT OF THOUGHT IN TO THEM. You have constantly made claims about the way the front office has conducted their research without any evidence to support your stance either. SAM MONTGOMERY, ED REED, AHMAN GREEN, RON DAYNE, AMOBI OKOYE, LOUIS NIX etc. It's one thing to say hey, I disagree with this move and here is why. But to sit there is say that I have watch more film then those guys......... lol. I HAVE, I WOULDN'T SAY IT I HADN'T SPENT WEEKS WATCHING GAME VIDEOS Listen to yourself. Listen to the way you sound right now. There is a reason why everyone is fired up at you. PEOPLE ARE FIRED UP AT ME BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH THEM, IF I AGREED WITH THEM AND JOINED THE OSWEILLER SIGNING IS BRILLIANT CHORUS THEY WOULD LIKE ME, I WOULD BE ONE OF THE SHEEP . If you don't know what that is, I will give you a hint it isn't because they disagr ee with you being against this signing. There are many of us who are taking the wait and see approach here on the Oz. I DO OFFER SUPPORTING EVIDENCE FOR MY OPINIONS AND IDEAS, MAYBE YOU JUST FAIL TO RECOGNIZE IT. Texian, I would suggest heading to the Johnson Space and talk to NASA about sending a Mars rover to space to assist with finding your objectivity on this topic because it isn't here on earth......... I'M PROBABLY THE MOST REALISTIC OBJECTIVE PERSON ON THIS BOARD BECAUSE I DON'T DRINK THE KOOL AID AND I DON'T OWN A PAIR OF ROSE COLOR GLASSES.

Nasa_88f098_2324144.jpg
I THINK YOU SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME ON THE NFL DRAFT BOARD REVIEWING HOW MUCH TIME I SPENT UPDATING AND PROVIDING INFO FOR THE TOP 5 QBs STARTING THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON. I WOULD SAY THAT BAH007, WOLVERINE AND MYSELF WATCHED ALMOST EVERY GAME WENTZ, GOFF, COOK, LYNCH, HACKENBERG PLAYED, STUDIED AND GRADED EVERY THROW AT LEAST 3, 4 AND 5 TIMES AND I DON'T THINK ANYONE ELSE PUT IN THAT KIND OF TIME.

I THINK YOU SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME ON THE NFL DRAFT BOARD REVIEWING HOW MUCH TIME I SPENT UPDATING AND PROVIDING INFO FOR THE TOP 5 QBs STARTING THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON. I WOULD SAY THAT BAH007, WOLVERINE AND MYSELF WATCHED ALMOST EVERY GAME WENTZ, GOFF, COOK, LYNCH, HACKENBERG PLAYED, STUDIED AND GRADED EVERY THROW AT LEAST 3, 4 AND 5 TIMES AND I DON'T THINK ANYONE ELSE PUT IN THAT KIND OF TIME.

Look man, I have spent plenty of time in the draft boards and see the amount of work you guys put in. Which why I stated earlier that respect your insight and appreciate you inputs. However, you can't sit here and claim that you have watch more film on these guys in comparison to the boyz on kirby..................

Yes that is his boss. Bob obrien is paid to win games
I seriously doubt that mcnair would tell bob that mcnair is picking the players and obrien will change his coaching philosophy to make it work..i just dont see it..i dont think mcnair is that involved in the drafting phase
Well we just disagree then because I think Bob has hands all over signing and drafting players, starting with David Carr right through to Ed Reed, Case Keenum, Matt Schaub and Jadeveon Clowney. I call it selective interference

Look man, I have spent plenty of time in the draft boards and see the amount of work you guys put in. Which why I stated earlier that respect your insight and appreciate you inputs. However, you can't sit here and claim that you have watch more film on these guys in comparison to the boyz on kirby..................
Why not?

He was. His rookie season pretty much put a stamp on that thought. If not for being injured, who knows how he could have developed by now.

With his first-run tendencies, it was only a matter of time. To date, it is still questionable that he will ever be able to break this flaw. But now he will have to deal with lower extremities that no longer do exactly what his brain tells them to do. All in all, with that in mind, and his accumulating injuries, he is likely to be limited in whatever developmental changes he might be open to.

Some speculate Luck may never be the same after his shoulder ordeal. If his career were to end after six years, that doesn't mean the 12 year veteran Fitzpatrick was more talented.

I am probably one of the few that has never really bought into the "greatness" of Luck. However, his shoulder injury was not of the joint (such as labrum tear or rotator cuff)........it was a grade I A-C ligament tear (accompanied by a couple of cracked ribs)..........something that should not have long term implications.

Well we just disagree then because I think Bob has hands all over signing and drafting players, starting with David Carr right through to Ed Reed, Case Keenum, Matt Schaub and Jadeveon Clowney. I call it selective interference

& you don't think that EVERY owner outside of the GB packers does this?

I think he just called you "boy".

And why would bob have a gm then? He could be like jones and do dual rolls?
He could save some momey that way.

I think of the texans having more of a board meeting when they get together on the draft. I may be wrong but i think it is a little more complicated than what you are describing.

Don't worry Texian, those who come through with ad hominem attacks just because you're realistic about Osweiler are the same ones who poke fun at me. I don't always respond, but I know what they're doing.
They should get together and form a club. They could call themselves the buzzardaceous sleaze-pits.

Last edited:
Some people have no clue how a consensus management philosophy works. I may not like that style, but I understand it. Authority structures exist, but are rarely exercised nor does it need to be if the right people are in place.

With his first-run tendencies, it was only a matter of time. To date, it is still questionable that he will ever be able to break this flaw. But now he will have to deal with lower extremities that no longer do exactly what his brain tells them to do. All in all, with that in mind, and his accumulating injuries, he is likely to be limited in whatever developmental changes he might be open to.

I appreciate your insight, however, I was never a big fan of RGIII. I never thought of him as run first. He wouldn't be the first QB to transition from that style to a more traditional style.

& the point is the same. Injury got in the way of his ability to progress. Doesn't mean he was any less talented than his billing same with Jd. Talented mofo, just can't stay healthy.

Last edited:
Don't worry Texian, those who come through with ad hominem attacks just because you're realistic about Osweiler are the same ones who poke fun at me. I don't always respond, but I know what they're doing.
They should form a club. They could call themselves the buzzardaceous sleaze-pits.

One can be realistic and skeptical at the same time. Another can be realistic and excited at the same time. But Texian has lost his objectivity not because of what he thinks of Oz. I respect that position and don't blame his skepticism. Texian lost his objectivity because of the way he presents his opinion as fact......... He doesn't even acknowledge there is a possibility of Wentz becoming a bust after many us have acknowledge that the Oz signing can become a bust.

& that's another thing. His intelligence. Very few people were worried about his ability to pick up an NFL offense. Yet the word from D.C. is that he didn't care to put in the film study.

You just never know with these guys.

Well, I received an Osweiler Jersey for my birthday, guess I've got another reason to root for him lol. I think I'll stick to wearing the 99's this year though - and maybe the Keenum just for grins.

I still don't see it, no matter how hard I try. I see a tall and gifted pitcher, not a cerebral and accurate and inspiring quarterback ... and I very much want to be wrong.

Well, I received an Osweiler Jersey for my birthday, guess I've got another reason to root for him lol. I think I'll stick to wearing the 99's this year though - and maybe the Keenum just for grins.

I still don't see it, no matter how hard I try. I see a tall and gifted pitcher, not a cerebral and accurate and inspiring quarterback ... and I very much want to be wrong.

You must have not watched any of the games he started in their entirety. Now, I'm no Broncos fan, but something about Osweiler caught my attention when he took over for Manning. I watched every game he started after that game and saw nothing but positives. Was he perfect? No, but I agree with everything O'Brien said about Brock, and unlike you and other posters in here, I saw a guy who gets better as the game progresses. His come from behind victories were fun to watch! I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

You must have not watched any of the games he started in their entirety. Now, I'm no Broncos fan, but something about Osweiler caught my attention when he took over for Manning. I watched every game he started after that game and saw nothing but positives. Was he perfect? No, but I agree with everything O'Brien said about Brock, and unlike you and other posters in here, I saw a guy who gets better as the game progresses. His come from behind victories were fun to watch! I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

I watched (and recorded) just about every Broncos game last year from start to finish. I scouted Brock's college career prior to the draft and have kept an eye on Denver the past couple of years (I'm a fan of Peyton), my opinion isn't on a whim and it stands as stated. Again, I hope I'm wrong - but that doesn't change my assessment.

Last edited:
check your math, the Texans would need 1600-2600 pts starting with #22 at 780 pts.

So, when you respond like this, I still haven't figured out if it reveals a lack of comprehension, or just a lack of intellectual honesty (I'm not sure which to even root for- I guess I hope you are dumb with some integrity, rather than slightly cunning without a shred of integrity).

2nd pick overall = 2600 / 1st overall =3000):

22nd overall = 780
52nd overall = 380 (1160)
85th overall = 165 (1325)
119 overall = 56 (1381)
158 overall = 28
166 overall = 25
195 overall = 13 (1447)

then, start adding future picks... To help you out, I did not devalue each future year one round as is customary. Instead, I estimated both the 2017 and then 2018 1st round picks to be worth an end of the 2016 1st round pick value

2017 31st pick of the 1st round +600 (more than likely it would be valued around 400-500)
2018 31st pick of the 1st round +600 (more than likely it would be valued around 200)
____

that generous accounting equates to 2647... which would be enough, perhaps to move to the 2nd pick of the draft if the rest of the NFL is less bullish about Wentz than you are.

(more than likely the estimated total would be around 1900) and the team would need much more than 2nd round picks from future years to reach 2600 points.

Last edited:

Neither intelligence, nor the sheer volume of accessed information equates to what I would call realized wisdom (successful implementation of sound decision-making). Both can be helpful tools when wielded properly but either can also lead a person increasingly further astray from the truth. So, these pissing contest style arguments you like to make are entirely ineffective instruments. If the credibility of your judgment lies on the fact that you have chosen to devote more of your time to the study of a passive hobby than every other person obsessed with that same hobby, that might qualify you for the title: King of the Idiots but hardly is supportive of good judgment.

Amazing how many want to denigrate and belittle a 4.0 student with a 40 Wonderlic. I guess this says more about the pettiness of the poster. Unbelievable, I can only imagine that those denigrating and belittling a 4.0 GPA, their highest level of education is a high school graduate, maybe ???

Not denigrating or belittling anyone who earns a college degree. But not all college degrees are creating equal. Just ask a feminist who majored in Women's Studies how many jobs she was offered at graduation. You are arguing simply to argue if you believe that the intellectual acumen to gain an Architectural degree (5-year program with professional certifications on par with Engineering degrees) is the same as what it takes to gain a Health and Education degree. Regardless of the university, but in this instance (Architecture from Stanford vs. Health/Education from NDSU) it makes the case even more compelling that you are trolling at this point.

For reference, I pulled a 3.92 in my MBA program. But it wasn't the Rice Executive MBA program. There is a difference. I readily (and obviously) accept that a Rice MBA is a hell of a lot more impressive than my MBA, even though they are the same degree.

Because you don't have mean to actually measure to compare the amount of film time you have studied vs the boyz on kirby.
No offense here bud but you don't have a clue what I have and how time I spend doing it. It looks as though you're the one presenting your opinion and assumptions as fact.

& you don't think that EVERY owner outside of the GB packers does this?

No I don't

And why would bob have a gm then? He could be like jones and do dual rolls?
He could save some momey that way.

I think of the texans having more of a board meeting when they get together on the draft. I may be wrong but i think it is a little more complicated than what you are describing.

Bob is the GM, Rick Smith was asst GM in Denver and that's exactly why he was brought to Houston. Smith is GM in name only for league credibility. McNair is Jerry Jones without all the fan fare and publicity.

Neither intelligence, nor the sheer volume of accessed information equates to what I would call realized wisdom (successful implementation of sound decision-making). Both can be helpful tools when wielded properly but either can also lead a person increasingly further astray from the truth. So, these pissing contest style arguments you like to make are entirely ineffective instruments. If the credibility of your judgment lies on the fact that you have chosen to devote more of your time to the study of a passive hobby than every other person obsessed with that same hobby, that might qualify you for the title: King of the Idiots but hardly is supportive of good judgment.

I'll just leave this with Bob's lifetime .433 winning percentage and I am one of the few to understand why and you're not. But you do a great job for making excuses for Bob.

Not denigrating or belittling anyone who earns a college degree. But not all college degrees are creating equal. Just ask a feminist who majored in Women's Studies how many jobs she was offered at graduation. You are arguing simply to argue if you believe that the intellectual acumen to gain an Architectural degree (5-year program with professional certifications on par with Engineering degrees) is the same as what it takes to gain a Health and Education degree. Regardless of the university, but in this instance (Architecture from Stanford vs. Health/Education from NDSU) it makes the case even more compelling that you are trolling at this point.

For reference, I pulled a 3.92 in my MBA program. But it wasn't the Rice Executive MBA program. There is a difference. I readily (and obviously) accept that a Rice MBA is a hell of a lot more impressive than my MBA, even though they are the same degree.

but did you score 40 on your Wonderlic test? I would like to discuss more but I have a Mensa meeting to attend.

I'll just leave this with Bob's lifetime .433 winning percentage and I am one of the few to understand why and you're not. But you do a great job for making excuses for Bob.

What excuse? I don't recall arguing about Bob McNair's historical success running an NFL franchise. I was responding to your credentials. You were asserting that you are most qualified among everyone to accurately assess Osweiler's future prospect as an NFL QB.

What excuse? I don't recall arguing about Bob McNair's historical success running an NFL franchise. I was responding to your credentials. You were asserting that you are most qualified among everyone to accurately assess Osweiler's future prospect as an NFL QB.
I don't think I have ever said I am the MOST QUALIFIED, those are your words not mine but don't stop now you're on a biscuit.

Look y'all are making this too hard.
McNair hired a guy, O'Brien, to get/groom a starting QB to replace Schaub. He gave that guy two years to produce. The results (Fitzy, Mallett, Hoyer, Savage) were less than optimum. So the boss stepped in and made the decision he thought was right. He (McNair) could have traded away a significant portion of his draft power for the next two (maybe three) years for one of these "fresh outs" with a good looking college transcript or throw big money at the guy with a good looking college transcript AND a pretty decent NFL resume' (a resume' that included a comeback win over the reigning champs).
Bottom line:
- business men favor experience over potential
- good college "transcript" + positive NFL resume' >> good college transcript
- big money is more easily replaced than two/three years of high draft picks.
Year Total Liabilities Salary Cap (Projected) Cap Room
2016 - $147,170,091 - $156,624,480 - $9,454,389
2017 - $132,442,156 - $166,000,000 - $33,557,844
2018 - $99,577,427 - $178,000,000 - $78,422,573
2019 - $73,280,000 - $190,000,000 - $116,720,000
2020 - $15,500,000 - $200,000,000 - $184,500,000
2021 - $17,500,000 - $200,000,000 - $182,500,000
from OverTheCap

Right or wrong, this wasn't a snap judgement. It was a cold, calculated business decision.

No offense here bud but you don't have a clue what I have and how time I spend doing it. It looks as though you're the one presenting your opinion and assumptions as fact.

It doesn't really matter how much time YOU spend looking at tape and analyzing it. You simply do not know as much about what's on the tape as you think you do.

At my job, we have junior programmers who can spend a month working on a problem and not be able to fix it where the same problem might take me 10-15 minutes to resolve.

OB and Godsey and guys like that can look at a play and see more in one sitting than you get in ten or twenty or maybe will ever get. Over the course of their careers, they've looked at so much more tape than you have that it's simply ridiculous to compare the two, and they've studied football more than you have.

Like I said in an earlier post, you overestimate your competence.

Look y'all are making this too hard.
McNair hired a guy, O'Brien, to get/groom a starting QB to replace Schaub. He gave that guy two years to produce. The results (Fitzy, Mallett, Hoyer, Savage) were less than optimum. So the boss stepped in and made the decision he thought was right. He (McNair) could have traded away a significant portion of his draft power for the next two (maybe three) years for one of these "fresh outs" with a good looking college transcript or throw big money at the guy with a good looking college transcript AND a pretty decent NFL resume' (a resume' that included a comeback win over the reigning champs).
Bottom line:
- business men favor experience over potential
- good college "transcript" + positive NFL resume' >> good college transcript
- big money is more easily replaced than two/three years of high draft picks.
Year Total Liabilities Salary Cap (Projected) Cap Room
2016 - $147,170,091 - $156,624,480 - $9,454,389
2017 - $132,442,156 - $166,000,000 - $33,557,844
2018 - $99,577,427 - $178,000,000 - $78,422,573
2019 - $73,280,000 - $190,000,000 - $116,720,000
2020 - $15,500,000 - $200,000,000 - $184,500,000
2021 - $17,500,000 - $200,000,000 - $182,500,000
from OverTheCap

Right or wrong, this wasn't a snap judgement. It was a cold, calculated business decision.

To be fair "y'all" is not the right descriptor.

I find all this talk and attempts to diminish Wentz as a 4.0 student rather petty, AMF.

I pretty much started it. However, it was not so much to diminish Wentz's 4.0, but to say a 4.0 from NDState does not qualify as proof that a person is smart like Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back