Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Brian Gaine Fired

This is not totally unfamiliar territory for the Texans. They went through it before when Charley Casserly left June 1, 2006 after the draft and free agency.

He was just helping the transition. Kubiaks first year.

Care to share what the plan is?

If they are in win now mode, drafting a couple of small school OT's wasn't a win now type of move. If they are in win now mode they really should trade for Trent Williams if he becomes available.
I'm not that much of a student of the game, but in broad terms, cal wants to emulate the New England organization to build a stable organization that fields strong teams year after year. The McNair's have decided O'Brien is their coach, their Belicheck, and in Watson they have their Brady. Easterby is another piece and Caserio would be another.

Offensively, in Hopkins, Fuller and Coutee we have the receivers in place; and in Thomas, Thomas and Warring we have complimentary TE's. We are putting into place an Oline that can not only protect Watson, but one behind which we can feature a strong between the tackles running game.

Cak presents facts and logic, if someone doesn’t agree with him present the same not suppositional theory and guesses as truth.

He also will never admit he is wrong. A character flaw? One you dont seem to realize.

Y'all probably share this character flaw.

The random NFL team has a 31% chance of a top 10 draft slot. The Texans have had two top 10 draft slots in the past 10 years, or 20% of the time. The average draft slot for the Texans the past 10 seasons is 17. When the Texans are not drafting in the top 10 in 2020, I'm sure you will return and admit your mistake.

I don't usually agree with Texian, but with that schedule, I don't think a top 10 pick is out of realm of possibilities.

Exactly...there’s been no indication whatsoever that BoB had anything to do with this & if you’ve been reading this thread, it’s all the usual suspects. The same ones who’ve had it out for BoB since forever.

And here you are, the same one who keeps fellating his dong for literally zero reason when all evidence points to O'Brien being responsible yet a ******* gain.

He's still standing. He's still around. That alone is proof positive.

The incessant defense is incomprehensible.

And here you are, the same one who keeps fellating his dong for literally zero reason when all evidence points to O'Brien being responsible yet a ******* gain.

He's still standing. He's still around. That alone is proof positive.

The incessant defense is incomprehensible.

STFU...I’m not defending ANYONE. Unlike you, I like to wait and see what evidence actually comes out about things and try to abstain from the wild agenda-driven conjecture.
Apart from that, I could give 2 shits about BG, BoB or Whoever. We could have Elmo as GM for all I care...just Win...that’s all that matters.

Exactly...there’s been no indication whatsoever that BoB had anything to do with this & if you’ve been reading this thread, it’s all the usual suspects. The same ones who’ve had it out for BoB since forever.

McLain is the one who reported OBrien and Gaine had a strained relationship

Oh so now McClain’s word on point now huh? You guys dismiss him otherwise. Now b/c he reports something in line with u guys’ agenda it’s all good. Give me a break.

I could care less. BoB’s been a marked man since he accepted the HC position back in 2014...nature of the profession.

If Cal wants to remake the entire coaching staff and FO, doesn’t matter to me, just win.

Oh so now McClain’s word on point now huh? You guys dismiss him otherwise. Now b/c he reports something in line with u guys’ agenda it’s all good. Give me a break.

I could care less. BoB’s been a marked man since he accepted the HC position back in 2014...nature of the profession.

If Cal wants to remake the entire coaching staff and FO, doesn’t matter to me, just win.

I'm not saying it's true, I don't know. But he's the one who put it out there, or whoever his source was.

I don't usually agree with Texian, but with that schedule, I don't think a top 10 pick is out of realm of possibilities.
The Texans play only 2 home games versus playoff teams. Not saying it's a weak schedule, but it can't be construed as tough, either. The road schedule is a different story, based upon 2018 results. But drafting in the top 10 usually means a finish of 6-10 or worse. While injuries can happen, I find it pretty unlikely that a team with Watson, Watt, Hopkins, and Clowney finish 6-10.

I don't give a **** what McClain says. I don't give a **** what Brian Smith says. Or any of the other people who've said the same thing, which I've seen here since the news broke. I'm not from Houston and I've never lived in Houston. The beat writers mean absolutely nothing to me. I don't read any of those guys. I don't have an agenda.

We're fans. We're never going to hear anything that definitely says one way or the other. We can only go off what we see. All I need to see is what I see. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. There's one man who's constantly standing. He's constantly painted as an outsider to his own actions. But he remains. So who's ultimately responsible?

I asked this a few days ago and I got no response:

Who the **** exactly is Bill O'Brien to keep having---and winning----power struggles? If he was as adept at winning football games as he is winning power struggles, maybe some of us would like him more.

You keep saying just win, but there's only one path forward to winning. You're more interested in protecting a failure.

I don't give a **** what McClain says. I don't give a **** what Brian Smith says. Or any of the other people who've said the same thing, which I've seen here since the news broke. I'm not from Houston and I've never lived in Houston. The beat writers mean absolutely nothing to me. I don't read any of those guys. I don't have an agenda.

We're fans. We're never going to hear anything that definitely says one way or the other. We can only go off what we see. All I need to see is what I see. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. There's one man who's constantly standing. He's constantly painted as an outsider to his own actions. But he remains. So who's ultimately responsible?

I asked this a few days ago and I got no response:

Who the **** exactly is Bill O'Brien to keep having---and winning----power struggles? If he was as adept at winning football games as he is winning power struggles, maybe some of us would like him more.

You keep saying just win, but there's only one path forward to winning. You're more interested in protecting a failure.

Here’s the thing bro. The only folks in this thread losing their **** are those that want BoB gone. That’s it. A little sliver of anything that suggests he should be gone with BG is what you and others are hanging your hat on. What we have is a few stories based on innuendo and “sources” from folks who YOU guys say aren’t even connected like that.

you got no response b/c your question is based on an assumption..a fictious power struggle. There’s no evidence that BoB is in there raising hell with everyone.We know why Smith left the org...no power struggle involved. but even had it not been b/c of that, Smith had shown enough fail in 10 years on the job to where he just as easily could’ve been fired and it it would’ve been justified.

Now this with BG..power struggle thing doesn’t jive well considering BoB got him the job. The extent of the discord chicken littles like McClain are reporting on could be exactly what they’re reporting on.....or they could be mountain out of a molehill type stuff. Cal could’ve asked BoB what he thought about this ...or that...BoB gave his honest opinion about what he would’ve done differently about something...and Cal could’ve taken that and run with it..eager to let everyone know that “I’m not my dad”...

And failure? Like it or not, all BoB has done is continue to win & buck the odds with largely sub par talent. Bad coaches typically fail with that.

Last edited:
STFU...I’m not defending ANYONE. Unlike you, I like to wait and see what evidence actually comes out about things and try to abstain from the wild agenda-driven conjecture.
Apart from that, I could give 2 shits about BG, BoB or Whoever. We could have Elmo as GM for all I care...just Win...that’s all that matters.

This situation going on, we will never ever ever find out what really went down. Lol

Hopefully the new GM can convince Cal that winning is all that matters.

You say, along with others posting here, that Cal does not know how to win. Maybe, but it seems to me that the organization has put all its eggs into one basket that I'e seen referred to as the O' Brien Way. Last year Jack Easterby came over from the Pat's to be O'Brien's right hand man, in the position of executive vice-president of team development. The team's first choice 17 months ago for GM was New England director of player personel Nick Caserio. Strong indications/rumors are that he's going to be the one to replace Gaines.

The plain and simple fact is the O'Brien, as HC, has led the team to the division title in three of the past four years. We still have to take the next step, but the organization still has faith in the path they have chosen to take. Despite the negativity on this board, the team is loaded with talent and I've already seen one major publication picking the Texans to edge out the Colts this coming season. It appears that the organization is in a win now mode and believe, barring injury, they can do it this season.

The report is that Gaines' firing was not a quick decision but had been under consideration for several weeks. I suspect that Gaines' firing had something to do with some disagreement over decisions to advance this overall plan. Maybe Clowney? As it stands now, he won't be reporting until just before the first game and won't be in playing shape for the first quarter of the season. He needs to be in camp day one.

But whatever, I do see a plan and a direction the team and the organization is taking. I think the primary disagreement is that many just don't care for the McNair's as team owners, O'Brien as HC or the direction the organization is taking toward building a winning culture and team. As I said, we've won our division three of the past four season The league sees the Texans as a winning organization.

lol....i'll play along.

If the Texans are "loaded with talent" then that means they just axed the guy that loaded them with talent. Brilliant move.

These days McClain isn't breaking anything unless the Texans hand him a press release. If he is saying OB and Gaine had a strained relationship someone in the front office is telling him that is the reason for the firing. I would feel a lot better about this if Gaine was caught banging someone's wife/gf and thats why he was let go.

So maybe we're looking at it wrong. Maybe Gaine did nothing wrong here. Maybe something happened in Boston & Caserio reached out to his buddies Easterby & O'Brien.

Last story I heard coming out of Foxboro was Brady skipping OTAs.

:thinking:

Interesting take....I could see something like this as well. Maybe Caserio held it against the Pats for blocking the interview last time.

So for those wondering if Pats could block again.

The relevant league policy requires that, in order to hire an executive under contract with another team, the new team must offer “the primary authority over all personnel decisions related to the signing of free agents, the selection of players in the College Draft, trades, and related decisions; and . . . the primary responsibility for coordinating other football activities with the head coach.”

Although “[f]inal authority regarding the composition of the 53-player roster is not a requirement,” the job nevertheless must convey primary authority to the G.M. If it doesn’t, request for permission to interview an executive under contract with another team can be denied.

The final analysis entails a delicate balance of the power the team is willing to give to the G.M., along with the power contractually reserved to the head coach. If coach Bill O’Brien already has the kind of authority that otherwise would go to a strong G.M., the G.M. job in Houston essentially becomes “G.M. Light,” lacking the kind of power that would allow the Texans to pry Caserio away from the Patriots.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...top-choice-to-become-the-next-texans-g-m/amp/

Guess we will find out what kind of power OB has shortly.

You sure are taking McClain as gospel a lot recently. You really think he's 'in the know'?

Historically, these sources have been close to obrien and report the pretext used to get rid of them. We saw it repeatedly with Rick, Brock and anytime OBrien wanted to put out his spin.

What's funny is he thinks this makes the decision look good

We're winning despite O'Brien. The OL and the low offensive numbers are on him. The defense and good qb play are not thanks to him

We're winning despite O'Brien. The OL and the low offensive numbers are on him. The defense and good qb play are not thanks to him

Do you have any idea how idiotic your statement sounds? I really shouldn't let you trigger me as easily as you do but my god man when you make such silly statements you sound............silly.

& DW4 & the other 52 players on the team disagree with you by the way.

Do you have any idea how idiotic your statement sounds? I really shouldn't let you trigger me as easily as you do but my god man when you make such silly statements you sound............silly.

& DW4 & the other 52 players on the team disagree with you by the way.

They wouldn't say otherwise but I'm sure doubts are rising in the ranks

Of course they aren't

Yet Watson speaks very highly of BOB.

The OL is on the GM/Former GM's neglect.

Are you one of those guys that anything good that happens is in spite of BOB and anything that is bad that happens is entirely BOB's fault?

I'm of the thought process that BOB has his faults but he's a good HC and you could do a lot worse than BOB.

Of course they aren't

Are you one of those guys that anything good that happens is in spite of BOB and anything that is bad that happens is entirely BOB's fault?

I'm of the thought process that BOB has his faults but he's a good HC and you could do a lot worse than BOB.

What's Obriens strengths?

Not saying this is true but what I've been hearing as the current conspiracy theory is that Easterby just attended the Patriots ring ceremony & talked to Caserio.
All of that is extremely likely. As Easterby was employed by the Patriots last year, and was at the ring ceremony to pickup his Super Bowl LIII championship ring.

Of course they aren't

that's exactly who he is. Nothing good that has happened with this team has anything to do with BoB..everything good belongs to Crennel....a guy whose defenses have collapsed in 4 out f the 5 biggest games of the last 2 seasons. & in most of those games, the offense was actually on point. Lol.

He's a leader of men.

0-3 to 11-6

How often do leaders of men get into reality show level drama with people repeatedly?

Here's what he sucks at:

-Player evaluation (bringing in hoyer, mallet, chicken and shrimp)
-using training camp to figure out who to start (QB and lt carousel)
-building an OL
-time management bs
-throwing challenge flags (although that's not his job)
-calling plays
-game planning
-adjustments
-having a system
-not getting shut out in the playoffs (has happened twice already)

Basically if I asked my doctor or lawyer what he's good at, and he gave me a bs answer about leadership, I'd be very concerned

How often do leaders of men get into reality show level drama with people repeatedly?

Here's what he sucks at:

-Player evaluation (bringing in hoyer, mallet, chicken and shrimp)
-using training camp to figure out who to start (QB and lt carousel)
-building an OL
-time management bs
-throwing challenge flags (although that's not his job)
-calling plays
-game planning
-adjustments
-having a system
-not getting shut out in the playoffs (has happened twice already)

Basically if I asked my doctor or lawyer what he's good at, and he gave me a bs answer about leadership, I'd be very concerned

:brickwall:

Historically, these sources have been close to obrien and report the pretext used to get rid of them. We saw it repeatedly with Rick, Brock and anytime OBrien wanted to put out his spin.

What's funny is he thinks this makes the decision look good

Sources being McClain? You only agree with him when it fits your agenda

Was he the leader of men when we went 4-12 losing around 6 or 7 in a row last season?

Lol

Well if any team lost their QB they will probably end up close to 4-12.

Look at the Colts when they lost Luck. I bet if you were a Colts fan you would be posting the same things on their MB.

He's a leader of men.

0-3 to 11-6

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

Back