Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Flores lawsuit, etc.

Flores is like the Covid, you know you're gonna catch it and the only question is how bad is it going to be

The woke will start eating their own. It's just a matter of time before the Rooney's will have to pay a price for this decision.
Big Ben was the qb after a rape charge, now they're going to pay for what?

So we know who the agents are for all these coaches and even the chaplain Esterbe, but nowhere on the internet we can find out who the agent is for Flores? Yet, your birdie knows? C'mon man. If I really wanted to know, I could call Pat Kirwin and find out. I want to find out how accurate your birdie is because I think it's trash in this instance. You're awesome with the medical information, but this doesn't seem to be your lane
His sources know more than you could ever dream of or wish to know.

Reactions: JB
His sources know more than you could ever dream of or wish to know.
Oh really? If I got direct connections to a league guy, a former gm to be exact and you're saying that on this matter of Flores firing his agent that the birdie is a better source? Nowhere on the internet, nobody can find it, but this birdie claims the coach fired his agent. I can find out directly without a birdie and a known source, yet my source is trash? C'mon man.

I responded to your woke post and you stating the Rooneys will pay for it. I stated they didn't pay a price for Ben and that rape charge, but now they're going to pay for hiring Flores? Steelers are about winning. They care about superbowls, they're not worried about bs

Ben was charged with Rape?

@steelbtexan

Tell us your thoughts on Rick Smith back in the NFL.

:popcorn:
He got the job not because of his skill, but because of his race. Because he's incompetent I expect him to somehow screw his job up. But being the politician he is he will somehow play the race card so people won't focus on how bad of a job he does.

Race czar, yep that's a title that fits RS like a glove. The NFL will get what they deserve for hiring him. Ladies around the office had best be cautious of the situations they put themselves in.

He got the job not because of his skill, but because of his race. Because he's incompetent I expect him to somehow screw his job up. But being the politician he is he will somehow play the race card so people won't focus on how bad of a job he does.

Race czar, yep that's a title that fits RS like a glove. The NFL will get what they deserve for hiring him. Ladies around the office had best be cautious of the situations they put themselves in.

How do you think he will screw it up?

Hiring too many white dudes?

The NFL is getting more woke by the day.

Here's a thought, just hire the best people possible.

Guess the Texans dont have to worry about this new rule. I wonder how many teams dont have a minority already on their offensive staff. I will bet that most RB coaches are minorities.
In the utopian society, thats fine, but the power structure of professional leagues doesn't work that way. You know that as well as I do and any other person. Look at who owns the teams, their age, and people they grew up with. If you don't grow up around diveristy, you have a natural bias about people in positions. As a person of color, we have constantly been told we have to be 10x as good or qualified as people who are non minorities. That's not scare tactics, that's just the constant battle that goes on.

In the utopian society, thats fine, but the power structure of professional leagues doesn't work that way. You know that as well as I do and any other person. Look at who owns the teams, their age, and people they grew up with. If you don't grow up around diveristy, you have a natural bias about people in positions. As a person of color, we have constantly been told we have to be 10x as good or qualified as people who are non minorities. That's not scare tactics, that's just the constant battle that goes on.

I've hired many minorities over the yrs, because I thought they were the best fit for the job. Some were really good and some were really bad. Guess what? I've hired many white people over the yrs, some were good and some were bad.

I've hired many minorities over the yrs, because I thought they were the best fit for the job. Some were really good and some were really bad. Guess what? I've hired many white people over the yrs, some were good and some were bad.
I have also,but I wasn't a silver spoon trust fund kid. I got it out the mud,but I wasn't poor. So I can appreciate hard working people. These owners, they associate themselves with the rooms they've been raised in for the most part. When Bob McNair misspoke about running the jail, I wasn't even mad because he was a old white man from the bible belt,what do we expect,but if you listen to what he said to the players after Obama was elected, it kind told you alot about how he thinks about things.

The new Rooney Rule requires two interviews of external minority candidates. So how did the Bucs manage to elevate a black assistant coach to the position of head coach, without interviewing at least two external minority candidates?

The new Rooney Rule requires two interviews of external minority candidates. So how did the Bucs manage to elevate a black assistant coach to the position of head coach, without interviewing at least two external minority candidates?

According to Florio, the Rooney rule is not applicable to new HC hires after March 1 every year. idonno:

Thanks. Another rule that can be manipulated.

Looks like I'm not the only one that noticed how this could be manipulated. Since it was a black coach that was elevated, it didn't alarm many. But, had it been a white coach that was elevated, the response would have potentially been extremely negative. Looks like there is significant attention being brought to this situation. But, truthfully, the proposed solution has as many holes in it as the problem it is meant to solve.............in fact, it does not solve the problem of the Rooney Rule being used as a general farce...........as it has already been seen as a facade............a poor facade at that.
@DoubleBarrel

Source: NFL considers closing Rooney Rule loophole
Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2022, 8:51 PM EDT

For the first time since the Rooney Rule was passed, a head-coaching vacancy has emerged after March 1. The development exposed a loophole that easily could be exploited by a team that hopes to quickly and cleanly hire a non-minority coach, without taking the time to conduct the required interviews of at least two external minority candidates.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL is considering closing the loophole.

As applied to the resignation of Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians, the league permitted the team to install defensive coordinator Todd Bowles as the head coach, without interviewing at any external minority candidates.

Although the end result furthers the broader goals of the Rooney Rule by resulting in the hiring of another Black head coach, the process easily could be abused.

The fix would be simple. Because assistant coaches from other teams become off limits for head-coaching interviews as of March 1, a team with a vacancy arising on or after March 1 could name an interim coach from the current staff for the upcoming season and then conduct a full search after the season concludes.
It’s the right result, and it should be implemented before an owner realizes that a simple end run around the Rooney Rule is readily available.

The development exposed a loophole that easily could be exploited by a team that hopes to quickly and cleanly hire a non-minority coach,
I assume since a minority was promoted, there's no scrutiny. The rule is actually in place to make sure minority are not left out of consideration

There is no mandate to hire a minority HC.

I imagine a team could hire a minority HC before March 1st & there would be no scrutiny. It's obvious minorities we're not held out of consideration due to being minorities.

I assume since a minority was promoted, there's no scrutiny. The rule is actually in place to make sure minority are not left out of consideration

There is no mandate to hire a minority HC.

I imagine a team could hire a minority HC before March 1st & there would be no scrutiny. It's obvious minorities we're not held out of consideration due to being minorities.
Again, mandating the rules of interviewing minorities does not in any way ensure that these candidates would ever be a serious candidate for the positions..........just that they fullfulled the mandate. The process unfortunately remains much of a facade.

Again, mandating the rules of interviewing minorities does not in any way ensure that these candidates would ever be a serious candidate for the positions..........just that they fullfulled the mandate. The process unfortunately remains much of a facade.
I agree. My response isn't arguing the merit of the rule.

"I've always prided myself on doing the right thing in this business and I can't say that's true about everybody in this business," Mularkey said on the podcast. "It's a very cutthroat business and a lot of guys will tell you that. ... I allowed myself at one point when I was in Tennessee to get caught up in something I regret it and I still regret it. But the ownership there, Amy Adams Strunk and her family, came in and told me I was going be the head coach in 2016 before they went through the Rooney Rule. And so, I sat there knowing I was the head coach in '16 as they went through this fake hiring process. Knowing a lot of the coaches they were interviewing, knowing how much they prepared to go through those interviews, knowing that everything they could do and they had no chance of getting that job. Actually, the GM, Jon Robinson, he was in on the interview with me. He had no idea why he was interviewing me -- that I had the job already. I regret. I'm sorry I did that. It was not the way to go about it."

Brian Flores amends lawsuit, adds Texans to allegations
By Adam La Rose | Last updated 4/7/22

While Steve Wilks and Ray Horton joined Brian Flores’ racial discrimination lawsuit, Flores himself amended his original complaint. It adds the Texans to the list of teams against which specific allegations are made (the others being the Dolphins, Broncos, Giants and, now, the Cardinals and Titans).

As detailed by ESPN’s Kevin Van Valkenburg, Flores alleges that Houston “retaliated” against him during its recent head coaching search as a result of his decision to file the lawsuit. His amended complaint notes how the team pivoted toward Lovie Smith – whom they ultimately hired – immediately after the decision appeared to be narrowed down to either Flores or former quarterback Josh McCown. As it reads, “the Texans were rightfully concerned that if it hired Mr. McCown over Mr. Flores, it would bolster Mr. Flores’ allegations of systemic discrimination against Black candidates”.

In a statement, the Texans responded to the accusations:
Brian Flores was among the first candidates we held a formal interview with for the position and he remained a candidate until the very end. It was a very fluid process… we are proud of our decision and will vigorously defend [it].
Alterations have also been made to Flores’ allegations against the Dolphins. Included among those is a memorandum he wrote in December 2019 to multiple members of the team’s front office, including general manager Chris Grier, related to the “alarming demands to lose games” made by owner Stephen Ross (Twitter link via NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport). In it, Flores “detailed the toxicity which existed within the organization and explained the unreasonable position he was being placed in.” PFT’s Mike Florio reports that said memo was provided to the league one week ago.

The amended suit accuses the Dolphins of “asserting baseless claims” (Twitter link via Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post). One of those is the demand for Flores to repay wages paid by the team because they were given “on the condition that he wouldn’t sue the Dolphins.” Flores denies any such agreement was made during his departure from the team.

Flores initially sued the NFL generally and the Dolphins, Broncos and Giants specifically in February. He has since been hired by the Steelers as the team’s linebackers coach but made it clear at the time that he would not drop the suit. Thursday’s developments confirm that this matter is far from being resolved.

Mike Mularkey revealed Titans did sham Rooney Rule interviews after hiring him as coach
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 7, 2022, 1:21 PM EDT

Former Titans head coach Mike Mularkey admitted that when he was hired in 2016, the team delayed an official announcement of his hiring solely so they could conduct interviews with minority coaches to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

In a 2020 podcast interview that got little attention at the time but has now come up in Ray Horton’s lawsuit, Mularkey confessed that he has always regretted agreeing to go along with the Titans’ sham.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Watch Forrest Gump sometime. Great movie. That’s the only reason I know of that guy.

watched it
guess i was too preoccupied w/the table tennis* to notice his namesake...what a guy!

Now, when I was a baby, Momma named me after the great Civil War hero, General Nathan Bedford Forrest...She said we was related to him in some way. And, what he did was, he started up this club called the Ku Ku Klux Klan

Just for whatever it's worth, we call it a foosball table..
i accept ping pong but foosball
never

Hues against the honest Haslams. If this turns out being able to confirm tanking, it could place the Browns/Watson plans in severe turmoil.

**************************************************************************************************

Browns Being Investigated for Alleged Tanking
Mary Jo White, who is also investigating Brian Flores’s claim that he was offered money to lose games in Miami, is leading the investigation.
News is always free on SI. Register to have it delivered to your inbox daily.

The NFL has opened an investigation into allegations that the Cleveland Browns provided incentives to then–head coach Hue Jackson to lose games during the 2016 and ’17 seasons.

In an emailed statement, the league confirmed that former SEC chair Mary Jo White, of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, is leading an independent probe into allegations made by Jackson in February. “The review is ongoing and is expected to conclude soon,” wrote an NFL spokesperson.

White has also been hired by the league to investigate the Miami Dolphins in light of Brian Flores’s claim that he was offered $100,000 per loss by owner Stephen Ross during the 2019 season.

Reached by Sports Illustrated for comment, Jackson said, “Two years ago I tried to do this the right way, through the bylaws and constitution of the National Football League, to ask them to investigate the Cleveland Browns for all the allegations that I’ve made. So why open an investigation now?”

A Browns spokesperson sent the following statement: “Even though Hue recanted his allegations a short time after they were made, it was important to us and to the integrity of the game to have an independent review of the allegations. We welcomed an investigation and we are confident the results will show, as we’ve previously stated, that these allegations are categorically false. We have fully cooperated with Mary Jo White and look forward to the findings.”

The Browns, under the guidance of owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam, Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta, Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown and Jackson, compiled a 1–15 record in ’16, followed by a 0–16 mark in ’17. Brown was fired on Dec. 7, 2017. Jackson was fired on October 29, 2018, after starting his third season 2-5-1.

In March 2021, Jackson told ESPN 850 in Cleveland that, “There’s no doubt I was lied to by ownership and leadership of the team. They were going to be football plus analytics, but it was football vs. analytics.”

The personnel department and coaching staff reportedly butted heads frequently during those two-plus seasons, with disagreements stemming from, among other things, the jettisoning of veterans including Joe Haden, Demario Davis and Mitchell Schwartz, each of whom were selected to Pro Bowls after leaving the Browns, and the decision to restrict spending in free agency.

Back