Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brandon Marshall wants out..As Denver Turn continues

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog

Last edited:

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I knew that this was going to happen once Cutler had his fiasco.

Marshall to me, seems like a baby TO/Chad Johnson in the making. The guy's an unstable dude and seems like he's going to have a ton of problems in his career.

TEXANS84

Staff member
Not suprising. He was seen leaving last week with boxes after meeting with the owner.

Guess he doesn't want Kyle Orton throwing him the deep ball on a contract year. Boy, Denver has definitley hit the toilet ever since the release of Shanahan's contract.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Not suprising. He was seen leaving last week with boxes after meeting with the owner.

Guess he doesn't want Kyle Orton throwing him the deep ball on a contract year. Boy, Denver has definitley hit the toilet ever since the release of Shanahan's contract.
This hasn't been a surprise at all though Texans84. Marshall has shown signs of being the kind of guy to pull something like this for a long time. The guy's a total dousche bag that obviously beats up on women and since he's come into the league he's been an "attention seeker."

I've said for a while that he's not only "baby TO" as far as talent but he seems to be like TO in other ways as well since he was named baby TO when he was drafted.

This is the last thing the Broncos needed after that Cutler debacle.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I have a feeling Jerry Jones will try to get him on the Cowboys.

Baby TO is correct.
You never know with Jerry.

Something tells me though that Denver might cave in this time since they lost Cutler already. This will be really really bad if they lose a guy that is arguably an ELITE QB and now an ELITE talent at WR that are both just 3 years into the NFL.

My suggestion for the Broncos that I said months ago would be this.

Trade Marshall for Anquan Bolden if the Cards would be interested in that. That way both teams get rid of their disgruntled WR's and still gain another quality talent in return.

GP

Go Texans!
You never know with Jerry.

Something tells me though that Denver might cave in this time since they lost Cutler already. This will be really really bad if they lose a guy that is arguably an ELITE QB and now an ELITE talent at WR that are both just 3 years into the NFL.

My suggestion for the Broncos that I said months ago would be this.

Trade Marshall for Anquan Bolden if the Cards would be interested in that. That way both teams get rid of their disgruntled WR's and still gain another quality talent in return.
My suggestion would be for Bowlen to fire McDaniels and get a coach who can lead without acting like Napolean.

Which Napolean: Bonaparte or Dynamite? Take your pick.

What a rough start to your head coaching career. Sheesh...

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't mind seeing him lineup alongside Andre Johnson. As much as I love Kevin Walter, he would have to go.
That will NEVER happen and I hope that no further discussion ever takes place about Marshall being a Texan.

Brandon Marshall: Get ready to see the newer and younger version of TO for this new decade as TO slowly dwindles and goes away. Marshall will take his place.

scourge

Digression King
Marshall is definitely a baby TO in terms of athleticism and off field issues.

Has a lot of growing up to do, but now that he is an established probowl receiver, that's not likely to happen anytime soon. Too full of himself, much like CO, TO, PacMan, etc...

edo783

Hall of Fame
The Broncos will be this year's version of the Lions. They will be just awful.
Earlier in the year I would have said "No way". Might be mediocre, but not really bad. Now........ I suspect they just might be really, truly bad. If so, that ditz of a HC will be out the door like he was shot from a cannon. We all kind of expect that sort of turmoil and stupidity from teams like the Raiders, but the Broncos have been a really well run, good team for a really long time. I'm not a Bronco fan, but I hate to see that sort of thing happen to a team.

Or like Shanahan bolting out of Mile High Stadium yelling, "Sheee's goooonnnaa blooooow!!!!" action movie style?

He's got to be at least a little pleased that Kubiak didn't go somewhere and blow up a team.

GP

Go Texans!
I bet Bowlen wishes Kubiak had stuck around about 3 more years.

Broncos are going to tank it, BIG time.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Marshall is definitely a baby TO in terms of athleticism and off field issues.

Has a lot of growing up to do, but now that he is an established probowl receiver, that's not likely to happen anytime soon. Too full of himself, much like CO, TO, PacMan, etc...
Marshall is NOT "Baby TO", because that's not fair to T.O. (and no, I'm not a T.O. supporter) just don't think it's fair to try to compare a self indulgent asshole (which is not a crime) to a guy who constantly has run ins with the law.

Say what you will about T.O., but all his problems are "locker room related" not "off the field" and "in trouble with the law" related. T.O. doesn't beat on women.

Comparing T.O. to all those other players reminds me of this old Bangcartoon...

http://bangcartoon.com/2007/badboys.htm

Last edited:

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
The Broncos haven't sucked, yet.

And they won't be the Lions until they've sucked on a pretty much consistent basis for about 50 years with a few patches of being OK.

So, if all this crazy stuff they're doing turns out with them playing well, what then? I mean, in a way, this is kinda like the Mario pick. Everyone thought it was stupid at the time. All these moves that seem stupid and dumb to us right now might end up being good moves.

I don't actually believe that but it could happen.

scourge

Digression King
Marshall is NOT "Baby TO", because that's not fair to T.O. (and no, I'm not a T.O. supporter) just don't think it's fair to try to compare a self indulgent asshole (which is not a crime) to a guy who constantly has run ins with the law.

Say what you will about T.O., but all his problems are "locker room related" not "off the field" and "in trouble with the law" related. T.O. doesn't beat on women.

Good point.

I guess what I should've said was that they both have tons of talent and are distractions to the team off the field. You are right in that TO has never had any problems with the law.

Maybe a Randy Moss comparison would've been more fitting.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

He may not be like TO in the sence of his run ins with the law, but he is very narcissistic like TO and he reminds me of TO a lot.

YOu have to remember that TO didn't have any problems and didn't become the biggest Pie hole of the league until he had been playing for like 4 years or so. It wasn't until he became a top flight WR for the Niners where he started treating his team mates like crap and acting like he was some god of the NFL. Marshall is only in approaching his 4th season now, and has already pulled a hold out and is doing it right after his QB just pulled all of this stuff. And this comes right after there was a special on tv where his ex girlfriend and her parents were crying on tv about his assaults.

Personally CB, I'd say Marshall is right on par with being a baby TO. Now I don't think it will ever be possible for any guy to actually become the next TO and cause all of the destruction TO has caused on different teams and with different players, but I'll bet anything that Marshall has a ton of problems throughout his entire career on the field and in the locker room and of course off the field as well. He's been an unstable guy since he came into the league and you can also tell that he's very emotional like TO as well.

ubecool454

Veteran
Marshall wants out because Cutler is out. Marshall is turning into a baby T.O. for sure....he even drops the ball alot like T.O.:headhurts:

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Marshall isn't baby T.O.....anybody who's followed this league know's he's chris henry + Jerome Mathis + talent. This douche bag (Marshall) will never touch the hall of fame and he'll never be a T.O. (Who is HOF talent) To call him a baby T.O. is a insult....Chad Johnson is a "baby T.O."......Marshall is just a ordinary every day F'up like Chris Henry or Mathis

Last edited: