Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Brandon Harris Penalty on Punt

That is some great support for the assertion "many have sued and won."

It was actually more of a rebuttal to: "Every purported story I have ever seen has turned out to be false. If you have some confirmed ones then by all means provide them."

You are correct that the second example has yet to be fully litigated.

Regardless, you now have at least one example of a burglary victim who has had to pay for protecting his property and thus you can no longer say that every purported story has turned out to be false.

It was actually more of a rebuttal to: "Every purported story I have ever seen has turned out to be false. If you have some confirmed ones then by all means provide them."

Regardless, you now have at least one example of a burglary victim who has had to pay for protecting his property and thus you can no longer say that every purported story has turned out to be false.

Nope. Booby traps are prohibited. I didn't take the post I responded to as referring to people protecting their property by committing a crime.

I was referring to urban legends like stepping on a skateboard coming in through a window or falling through a skylight onto a knife block.

Nope. Booby traps are prohibited. I didn't take the post I responded to as referring to people protecting their property by committing a crime.

I was referring to urban legends like stepping on a skateboard coming in through a window or falling through a skylight onto a knife block.

There was no booby trap disclaimer stated earlier in the thread.

EllisUnit did say "homeowners" and not "property owners," and business/property law is different than home laws.

The other part of it was that this wasn't some unintentional thing like "slipping and falling on a knife." The property owner was rigging a deadly trap to protect property. (I say deadly because we are a 110 volt standard county).

So the whole "slipping and falling on a knife" and this don't equate.

Whatever. If you or Ellis want to continue this conversation we can do it in the No Spin Zone.

Yeah, I'm gonna let it go because I've done a crapload of searching and I'm finding it impossible to find an example of a burglar who has won a judgment for an injury sustained during a break-in where there wasn't a booby trap.

Except for, maybe, Bodine v Enterprise High School , in which a burglar fell through a skylight and sued and won.

But the case is 30 years old and clouded in three decades worth of misinformation and spin.

Back