Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BILL O'BRIEN FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too damm funny! I wonder what OB's reaction was......

Doorbell: Hey!!! HEY!!!! Where's that little jama striped faaaa-reeek? Duck you little man.....you little piece of shite!!! **Finger....Finger....Finger....Exaggerated Finger Pumping.....More Exaggerated Finger Pumping** Duck yoooouuuuuu!!! Houston's finest arrive and poor Bill is hauled away......Oh noooooooooooo, Mr Bill. Maybe Mr Bill has learned a valuable lesson today....don't go crazy if DHops ain’t around to save you from your self.

Last edited:
So.......
Has enough time passed where we can discuss what OB got right?

The Hopkins trade was hated the day it happened. It is still hated today. We could have really used his skill set this year.
BUT....losing Hopkins did force Watson to go through his progressions. I watched an evolution and growth of Watsons game this season, in no small part due to not having a #1 receiver, but rather two #2's. Moreso....once those 2 #2's turned into 1 #2 and some back ups.....he got even better.
As much of a failure as 2020 was. Watson got stronger as a QB and he elevated lower tier receivers and made them relevant.

Yes....I am still happy OB is gone.....but the guy knew what he was doing.

So.......

The Hopkins trade was hated the day it happened. It is still hated today. We could have really used his skill set this year.
BUT....losing Hopkins did force Watson to go through his progressions. I watched an evolution and growth of Watsons game this season, in no small part due to not having a #1 receiver, but rather two #2's. Moreso....once those 2 #2's turned into 1 #2 and some back ups.....he got even better.
As much of a failure as 2020 was. Watson got stronger as a QB and he elevated lower tier receivers and made them relevant.

Really? I can’t think of one single thing he did really well. His entire philosophy literally kept his players from being in positions to reach their full potential.

Watson does what he does because he’s a sick talent. Not because of anything OB did.

So.......

He was going through his progression while Hop was here too.

Really? I can’t think of one single thing he did really well. His entire philosophy literally kept his players from being in positions to reach their full potential.

Watson does what he does because he’s a sick talent. Not because of anything OB did.

Of course not, he lead the NFL in passing yds with no help from the coaching staff. Do you realize how incredibly stupid this train of thought is.

I'm sure this will be the same with the next regime too.

Of course not, he lead the NFL in passing yds with no help from the coaching staff. Do you realize how incredibly stupid this train of thought is.

I'm sure this will be the same with the next regime too.
I hear you. But when most of those yards (just eyeballing it) comes from broken plays, how much credit should you give the play caller/designer/coach?

Last edited:
That's his playing style.

So it’s not the coaching? Glad we agree

Something that needs to change.

Big play or bust mentality.

He’s played both styles pretty well. Needs a little help in the short game. OC play calling, a legit run game. I don’t think his faults are holding us back in the short game.

Last edited:
So.......

In all honesty and IMHO, OB relied on Hopkins as much -if not more- than Watson. The OC was sending the plays in and I think he called Hopkins number as many times as Watson looked for Hopkins when the called play broke down.

Last edited:
1/21/2021 5:06:00 PM
Bill O’Brien Named Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach
The former college and NFL head coach will serve as coordinator of the Crimson Tide’s offense and coach quarterbacks

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama head football coach Nick Saban announced the addition of Bill O'Brien to the Crimson Tide coaching staff on Thursday as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the Tide.

"We are pleased and happy to be able to add Bill O'Brien to our coaching staff," Alabama head coach Nick Saban said. "He has a wealth of experience as both an offensive coordinator and head coach in the NFL and college. Bill is one of the brightest offensive minds in football, an outstanding teacher and excellent recruiter. He will strengthen our coaching staff and give our players the best possible chance to be successful."
THE REST OF THE STORY

Bill is one of the brightest offensive minds in football, an outstanding teacher and excellent recruiter. He will strengthen our coaching staff and give our players the best possible chance to be successful."
THE REST OF THE STORY
well.... who did we have....?

1/21/2021 5:06:00 PM
Bill O’Brien Named Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach
The former college and NFL head coach will serve as coordinator of the Crimson Tide’s offense and coach quarterbacks

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama head football coach Nick Saban announced the addition of Bill O'Brien to the Crimson Tide coaching staff on Thursday as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the Tide.

"We are pleased and happy to be able to add Bill O'Brien to our coaching staff," Alabama head coach Nick Saban said. "He has a wealth of experience as both an offensive coordinator and head coach in the NFL and college. Bill is one of the brightest offensive minds in football, an outstanding teacher and excellent recruiter. He will strengthen our coaching staff and give our players the best possible chance to be successful."
THE REST OF THE STORY

Apparently Saban has a higher opinion of BOB than the experts on this MB do.

I am positive OB learned a lot from his tenure with the Texans. I have no doubt he will find success at his next stop in Alabama. Would I want him back? Hell no....but he is no longer the coach McNair hired from Penn State, he is a better version of himself. With Saban over seeing him, what could go wrong?

I am positive OB learned a lot from his tenure with the Texans. I have no doubt he will find success at his next stop in Alabama. Would I want him back? Hell no....but he is no longer the coach McNair hired from Penn State, he is a better version of himself. With Saban over seeing him, what could go wrong?
Some people are HCs... some people are not. & that's ok. Man"s got to know his limitations.

well.... who did we have....?
We had OB the HC and later GM :dontknowa, put him on a established staff with a strong HC and a great talent base then OB poses no threat to eff anything up. Bama wins a couple of championships and you are reformed, it's the Nick Saban Coaching Reform Program. I hope the results don't mirror the Bill Belichick coaching tree.

By that logic, apparently the Ravens, Broncos, and Vikings have a higher opininion of Gary Kubiak that you do. So, what's the point? idonno:

still talking about this dude...

He's in their heads.

Heck, now he's in my head! I can even close my eyes and hear him screaming "SCREW YOU MOTHERF-----! YOU SUCK TOO! HEY, YOU SUCK TOO MOTHERF-----. YOU SUCK TOO. F--- YOU. GO THE F--- HOME MOTHERF-----!" at me.

:eek: I hope I didn't break the forum's profanity filter with that O'Brien quote

By that logic, apparently the Ravens, Broncos, and Vikings have a higher opininion of Gary Kubiak that you do. So, what's the point? idonno:

He's in their heads.

Heck, now he's in my head! I can even close my eyes and hear him screaming "SCREW YOU MOTHERF-----! YOU SUCK TOO! HEY, YOU SUCK TOO MOTHERF-----. YOU SUCK TOO. F--- YOU. GO THE F--- HOME MOTHERF-----!" at me.

:eek: I hope I didn't break the forum's profanity filter with that O'Brien quote

Yessss....OB’s command of the English language was quite impressive.

He's in their heads.

Typical high school valedictorian speech there. Lol

He's in their heads.

Do they?

He's not there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back