Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Biggest surprise roster cut?

No real big surprises. I suspected Coutee was a possible casualty. I thought Jaleel Johnson had a good showing, maybe a bit of a surprise there.

For me I guess the biggest surprises were the distribution at different positions. I think 5 RBs is a bit much. And they seem really, really thin at WR. I mean, I don't think Roberts will contribute much there. He's mainly here for returns. How long is Miller out? Cooks, Conley and Collins is pretty much it the 1st couple of games or so.

No back up center that I'm aware of.

And, of course, Hargreaves and Murray are still on the team. ((insert throw up emoji)) Surprised Hollman was cut, especially since they just gave up a draft pick for him.

I understand though that this isn't the roster they'll take into game 1. Changes will be made over the next 2 weeks. I assume some of those changes would be getting WR and secondary help. Gotta be some cuts better than what we've got.

No real big surprises. I suspected Coutee was a possible casualty. I thought Jaleel Johnson had a good showing, maybe a bit of a surprise there.

For me I guess the biggest surprises were the distribution at different positions. I think 5 RBs is a bit much. And they seem really, really thin at WR. I mean, I don't think Roberts will contribute much there. He's mainly here for returns. How long is Miller out? Cooks, Conley and Collins is pretty much it the 1st couple of games or so.

No back up center that I'm aware of.

And, of course, Hargreaves and Murray are still on the team. ((insert throw up emoji)) Surprised Hollman was cut, especially since they just gave up a draft pick for him.

I understand though that this isn't the roster they'll take into game 1. Changes will be made over the next 2 weeks. I assume some of those changes would be getting WR and secondary help. Gotta be some cuts better than what we've got.

Hollman will probably be brought back on the PS.

Hope they add Tyron Johnson and Trufant. Or John Brown.

No one really. People crying about Coutee, haven’t been watching dude for the last few years. Dude couldn’t hold onto the ball to save his life when he played & Was always in BoB’s doghouse..people blamed it on Bob being a red ass. Under a new regime, he still managed to not impress. That speaks more to an issue with him than any “unfair” shot.

I’m sure they tried to shop Coutee. I agree with Douglas but for no reason. I know or knew nothing about the guy other than he’s got two quick strikes now.

No one really. People crying about Coutee, haven’t been watching dude for the last few years. Dude couldn’t hold onto the ball to save his life when he played & Was always in BoB’s doghouse..people blamed it on Bob being a red ass. Under a new regime, he still managed to not impress. That speaks more to an issue with him than any “unfair” shot.
I thought Coutee played OK relative to the other WRs this preseason. If we're basing roster spots off drops, Conley should be long gone.

Still, it's a weak group. The only important goal for the WR corps is to get Collins snaps and touches so he can develop for the future.

Thought O’Brian was off the same Belichick tree as Caserio? How can one be separate from the other?

Thought O’Brian was off the same Belichick tree as Caserio? How can one be separate from the other?

They're from the same tree,

Hopefully Caserio can hire a HC that can develop talent. I like Culley but he's gonna get the Bo Porter treatment.

Back