Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"'Big-time' goals in Houston all wrapped around Schaub's arm"

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
"The relationship I have with him is totally different than the relationship I had with David (Carr) and the other guys we've had," said Johnson. "I think it's helped a lot and it's carried over onto the field. When David was here, I never talked to David outside of the locker room. But Matt, he has you over to his house.

"In OTAs, he's like, 'I'm throwing burgers on the grill. You guys come over and jump in the pool.' Just little things like that tell you a lot about a guy. We knew we had the right guy from that first phone call."

Schaub's parents still travel to all his games, as they did when he was in East High School in West Chester, Pa., and at Virginia.

That traveling fan club will add a new member this offseason. Laurie is expecting the couple's first child in March.

Schaub admits he's more nervous about becoming a father than he is about taking on the streaking Titans and Houston native Vince Young.

"I don't think I quite understand all that it entails, the responsibility you have when you have a child who depends on you for everything," Schaub said.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/texans/2009-11-19-matt-schaub-cover_N.htm
Todays USAToday (Weekend edition) has a big story about Schaub and the Texans aspirations for the playoffs.

I like it:

Kubiak says it's not unusual for him to find Schaub at Reliant Stadium at 5 a.m., and the quarterback is more than a casual observer during game planning. He challenges Kubiak during the week and at times in games.

"He's a guy who is going to battle you for all the right reasons because between the two of you, you're trying to win," Kubiak said. "It's just as important to him as it is to you, and that's a good thing to know as a coach."

Things you never heard from HWWNBN - "but coach, I want to try to exploit the deep seam between the safeties."

Things you never saw from DC, dedication and showing up to work at 5am.

DC was a worthless pile of crap compared to Schaub. DC spent more time in front of the mirror than in front of gamefilm preparing. Schaub doesn't have much hair to work with so I am sure his mirror time is minimal.

Things you never saw from DC, dedication and showing up to work at 5am.

DC was a worthless pile of crap compared to Schaub. DC spent more time in front of the mirror than in front of gamefilm preparing. Schaub doesn't have much hair to work with so I am sure his mirror time is minimal.

Carr is like Russel, a huge waste of physical talent. Give those guys Schaubs brain and dedication, you have a VERY elite qb.

It was the same stuff that players were saying behind closed doors even while he was here.

My dad read somewhere (I don't know the source) that on the sideline and in the huddle, Carr had kind of a casual attitude that the other players couldn't relate to. Has anyone here seen reports like this?

My dad read somewhere (I don't know the source) that on the sideline and in the huddle, Carr had kind of a casual attitude that the other players couldn't relate to. Has anyone here seen reports like this?

Don't know about reports, but from personal observation (home team front row seats so we have a decent view of the sideline) HWWNBN was usually very casual. He'd flip through the photos handed to him and listen to a coach if they talked to him but rarely was there a dialogue. Their were a few notable times (at Chicago in the cold) when he would kind of blow up at the OL, sometimes it worked (Chicago), sometimes it didn't. Schaub comes off the field still first to walk past Kubiak to hear what he has to say, then looking for the photos and then has a discourse with Shanahan and some of the other players. When that is done he will quite often go talk to other units like the OL. Not all the time but not infrequently he will go talk to the D when special teams is on the field. HWWNBN wanted to be Eddie Martel.

Last edited:
Two things. Firstly, Big Bad Schaub....what the heck is that all about. Funny as heck, and probably the best thing McClain has ever done, but still....who was smoking what?

Secondly, well done Matty Schaub. He has EVERYTHING planned. He is having his first kid, with the birth expected for March. Just after football season, during his break. Won't have to worry about him missing season time due to the birth, and the worst of the sleepless baby-crying nights will be done with when the 2010 season begins. What an all star.

i just remember David going into the ball Position and getting Sacked thats what flashes throw my mind also

-THe long 1930's slick hair
-THe white gloves :cow:

he had his moments to some battle red days he was a decent runner with his legs and he could acttually pull of a rosencopter with his jumping height i swear he had a 5 foot vertical leap

Back