Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bennett & Smith Out

Vikings | Bennett to Undergo Surgery - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:34:04 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Michael Bennett (knee) is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery Monday, Oct. 4. It is being done to repair a tear in his right knee, according to head coach Mike Tice. Bennett suffered the injury during practice last week when he twisted his knee awkwardly in a pass-blocking situation. Due to the latest surgery, Bennett will not be available for Week 5 and may still be out of action come Week 7.

That's good news, but they'll still have Onterrio Smith right? Unless his appeal is heard and his suspension goes into effect before Sunday.

It's official--Onterrio Smith is out for the next 4 weeks:

Vikings | Smith Suspended Four Games - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:35:04 -0700

Jay Glazer, of Fox Sports, reports on Foxsports.com that Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith will finally serve his four game suspension. Smith will begin to serve his suspension immediately and miss the team's next four games. It is believed Smith withdrew his appeal.

Interesting decision on the appeal. I would think that he made that decision with team management--didn't think they needed a running game against the Texans.

By the way, Smith had the most receiving yards for the Vikes so far and has been one-third of their total offense.

damn it.. i have o. smith as my second RB on my fantasy team... now i gotta go see who is available in FA

Back