Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Bang the table

https://twitter.com/TexansTalk/status/464628946374774784

I think it's Stephon Tuitt...stud 5 technique

Xavier Su'a-Filo is my second choice....physical, athletic Guard. More toughness and elite athleticism inside is what I'd like to see.
"Guards with unique athleticism and size are at a premium, and Su'a-Filo is one of those," said Bill Polian, the former NFL general manager who assembled Super Bowl teams in Indianapolis and Buffalo. "If you're a passing team, such as the Colts were and the Broncos are now, you're looking for a more athletic kind of guard. If you're a power-running team like the 49ers, you're looking for more of a big, powerful road-grader, run-blocker type. Su'a-Filo is really a combination of those. He can do anything, and he'd be a fit for any team."

Polian called Su'a-Filo "without question" the best interior offensive lineman in this draft class.

then trade back into the second and get one of those QB's.

What qb do you prefer?

I'm not a big fan of any of them to be honest. I just think we'll take one. A.J. "Trent Green" McCarron, or Zach "Matt Schaub" Mettenberger don't do much for me...and don't get me started on drafting the Carr family...yikes.

I'm not a big fan of any of them to be honest. I just think we'll take one. A.J. "Trent Green" McCarron, or Zach "Matt Schaub" Mettenberger don't do much for me...and don't get me started on drafting the Carr family...yikes.

Im pretty much the same boat. If mccarron makes it to our 3rd I guess I can deal but im not sold on any of them. Not sure what possession ill break if we draft carr 33. God, please, no.

What qb do you prefer?

They all have flaws.

HWWNBM looks the part , has great mechanics and a rocket arm .... But he's piss poor against pressure < 50% completion. Sound familiar ?! And who the hell wants to deal with Daddy HWWNBM??

Mettenberger also looks the part , but he's much like HWWNBM in that he struggles under pressure ~50% completion & throws a lot of balls into coverage. Also injured & failed a drug test.

Murray was hurt ~50% completion under pressure , low % of completions > 15 yards.

McCarron hard to judge with so much talent around him. Numbers wise , he's the best one left. Has good size & can make all the throws. If not for a fluke play , may have won back to back to back BCS championships. Probably pro ready. Had he left a year earlier was probably a first rounder.

Garappolo has a 3/4 delivery and that's about the only knock I have on him other than level of competition.

Boyd , Shaw , Savage & Thomas I want no part of couple others like Brett Smith of Wyoming & Dustin Vaughan of West Texas A&M that I might take a flyer on real late or as UDFA's.

If I had to hazard a guess right now , it would be McCarron.

Xavier Su'a-Filo is my second choice....physical, athletic Guard. More toughness and elite athleticism inside is what I'd like to see.

I haven't invested much study time into this draft class, so I'm largely just along for the ride at this point. However, one thing encouraging is this:

Based on the Top 100 list produced by SBNation, there are still 10 legitimate 3-4 DL available; 3 TEs from the Top 50 available; and a lot of RTs/OGs... That's only one list and does not indicate how much better Nix may be than Jernigan or Ferguson, for instance. But, it does seem to create a lot of flexibility and potential to gain value with some trade downs and also draft needs without reaching.

I haven't invested much study time into this draft class, so I'm largely just along for the ride at this point. However, one thing encouraging is this:

Based on the Top 100 list produced by SBNation, there are still 10 legitimate 3-4 DL available; 3 TEs from the Top 50 available; and a lot of RTs/OGs... That's only one list and does not indicate how much better Nix may be than Jernigan or Ferguson, for instance. But, it does seem to create a lot of flexibility and potential to gain value with some trade downs and also draft needs without reaching.
it's a great opportunity to secure another elite starter with elite physical tools in the trenches. Toughness inside has always been a problem here...so that's why I'm all excited about where we sit this morning. I'd be super pumped if we went in the direction I think we are finally heading with either one of the guys I identify or a similar prospect as you have stated. I'd rather see us build a solid team and let a QB come to us and not rush to square peg our round hole there. I don't want to see us panic by reaching for a QB...build a rock solid team up the middle and let BoB work his magic with a guy we haven't overreached for until we identify a long term solution at qb.

Beefing up the lines is always a good move, not matter who you are. Games are won and lost at the line. I'm always good with getting a good lineman on either side.

Beefing up the lines is always a good move, not matter who you are. Games are won and lost at the line. I'm always good with getting a good lineman on either side.
we are in position to not only take a another player inside...but get a stud player there who can dominate and not just get the job done. We can fill holes in the 3rd - 5th round. Get the stud player now. For instance our biggest need isn't a Guard, but someone like Xavier Su'a-Filo is a Logan Mankin's like Pro Bowl potential prospect.

we are in position to not only take a another player inside...but get a stud player there who can dominate and not just get the job done. We can fill holes in the 3rd - 5th round. Get the stud player now. For instance our biggest need isn't a Guard, but someone like Xavier Su'a-Filo is a Logan Mankin's like Pro Bowl potential prospect.

Vinny, I don't always agree with your post, but this one, I'm with ya. I think Su'a-Filo would be an outstanding pick in the 2nd round and I really didn't think he would be there for them. It definitely fills a need at LG so I hope they pull the trigger.

There's a part of me that would really like Nix at 33. The other part of me knows he'll likely come off the field in nickel/dime situations, so I'm good with going elsewhere with the pick. Preferably trading back some

I could see Nix play nose & end for Romeo. Clowney standing up already suggests they have a plan. he is athletic, has a quick burst & would absorb blockers keeping Clowney clean. this is critical for JD success & nice change from College. also had 1st rd. grade on him but unlike Bucannon he is still available, I'd say select him #33 :logo:

I'm banging the table for a trade down and A.J. McCarron in the 2nd. Preferably trade 33 for both 49'ers second rounders (56, 61)

hey this sounds familiar

Hell, vinny didnt call it today. He called it yesterday. Props dude. Texans are drafting BPA and getting nasty. I like it. Brooks at one guard and X at the other. WE WILL CONVERT ON 2-1 or 3-1. I'm happy.

I think Savage is the guy that OB wants. He is boom or bust because of all the college shuffling. Never anywhere long enough to get a sure evaluation. Definitely someone that would have to hold a clipboard and learn.

I think Savage is the guy that OB wants. He is boom or bust because of all the college shuffling. Never anywhere long enough to get a sure evaluation. Definitely someone that would have to hold a clipboard and learn.

& doesn't prevent us from taking a QB early in next year's draft if we get him with a 4th/5th round pick.

... outside of first two, tried more for more guys you're not hearing about from talking heads and who might fit with us:

Dee Ford, Jeremiah Attaochu, Prince Shembo
Aaron Colvin, Pierre Desir, Nevin Lawson
Justin Ellis, George Uko
Christian Kirksey, Preston Brown, Jordan Zumwalt
Keith Wenning
James White
Rob Blanchflower(my Mr. Irrelevant)
Bruce Ellington, Michael Campanero, Cody Latimer, Jarvis Landry, Josh Huff, Jalen Saunders
Billy Turner, Gabe Jackson, Michael Schofield, John Urshel(long shot Texans)

0-fer! :ahhaha:

Winners!

My favorite guy at each position. I'd bang the table for any one of them to be on the Texans.

QB - Teddy Bridgewater
RB - Charles Sims
WR - Sammy Watkins
TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins
OT - Antonio Richardson
OG - Xavier Su'a-FiloC - Weston Richburg

DE - Stephon Tuitt
NT - Zack Kerr
OLB - Khalil Mack
ILB - C.J. Mosley
CB - Kyle Fuller
S - Deone Bucannon

WR Jordan Matthews.
This guy is a warrior; just quietly get things done.
All the measurables of a first round pick.

TE C.J. Fiedorowicz.All the measurables of a 2nd-to early 3rd rounder.
Best overall TE in this draft.
Excellent blocker that neutralized any one LSU threw at him.

@Playoffs, I think Branchflower may get drafted.
I wouldn't mind spending a 7th on him.
But Larry Webster is also intriguing.

Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame

Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA
Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech

I could see Nix play nose & end for Romeo. Clowney standing up already suggests they have a plan. he is athletic, has a quick burst & would absorb blockers keeping Clowney clean. this is critical for JD success & nice change from College. also had 1st rd. grade on him but unlike Bucannon he is still available, I'd say select him #33 :logo:

Nice gentlemen!

Any or as many of these dudes would really make this draft for me.

Aaron Donald - upgrade Antonio Smith who can kick inside
Anthony Barr - OLB high ceiling who kicks Brooks inside
Deone Bucannon - takes over secondary
Jordan Matthews - looks like a #1 to recharge Andre
Bishop Sankey - dynamic rb with a great future
Joel Bitonio - not pretty but effective & reliable
Ja'Waun James - franchise RT without the price tag
CJ Fiedorowicz - bigger, bader than Owen Daniels
Tajh Boyd - looks like playmaker to me, hook him back up w/DeAndre
Yawin Smallwood - length, size in a mans league

Hearing what I did today in Andre Johnson's own words I would have banged the table harder for Jordan Matthews. Was not thinking replace Andre, at least this year maybe in 2 or 3 when he retired :texan:

Back