Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY's Mock with trades Feb 2021

badboy

Hall of Fame
I am fairly certain Deshaun goes to NY Jets but this is based on a solid chance that Joe Douglas decides to keep 1.2 and select Zach Wilson. Of course many of you will have different guys at picks/positions I select but that is the fun in it. This mock offers a view on how I project Houston becoming relevant again with draft picks bringing in new blood and lowering the cap. Remember first rounders come with a year five option which brings exceptional value rather than trading out of round one to get additional round two and later picks.

In this draft I want to focus on what I see as our dire need positions and one of those is creating an offensive line that a QB that is not necessarily top 10. I list only thru what I see as fourth round and do not go into 2022 except to list those picks. I see 2022 as offering several decent choices for QB if what I have do not work out. In trade I provide two cheap QBs that with guidance from Pep Hamilton could become multi year QBs in the NFl and both have 5th year options.

Trade one : Deshaun Watson to Miami for Tu'a Tagovaila +CB Xavien Howard + 1.3+1.18+2.35+ 2.50 + 2022 round one and two.

Trade two: 1.3 to NY Giants for QB Daniel Jones + CB Julian Love + FS Xavier McKinney + 1.11 + 2.43
Trade three: LT Laremy Tunsil to LA Chargers for 1.13 and 3.77 LA needs pro-bowler for Herbert
Trade four: JJ Watt to Pittsburgh for 3.87

Trades provide two young interesting QBs in Daniel Jones and Tu Tag to compete with other as backup.
Dire need corner across from Robey in Howard whose stats show he is shutdown corner for his side of the field. Yes he wants raise and I would give him one. Corner Julian Love was a guy many of you know I mocked strongly to Houston in 2019 and can replace Roby when needed. X McKinney gives us the guy to pair with Justin Reid and replace him after this season.

1.11 WR and Heisman winner Devonta Smith my best WR
1.13 LT Christian Darrisaw I have him tied with Penei Sewell; saves cap from Tunsil
1.18 WR Terrace Marshall my second best WR and with Smith, my new Oline and RBs gives our new QBs all needed to succeed without spending a top three pick on QB.
2.35 RB Najee Harris have watched him every year at Alabama and he had phenomenal season. Best in draft
2.45 OC Landon Dickerson pure center who could become best in NFL. Rarely moved backwards.
2.50 LT Jackson Carman body guard for TL at Clemson. I play him LG but he can start all four spots.
3.67 RG Deonte Brown I considered another position but he is just a mauler I want in my new power offense. He will play next to his teammate Dickerson.
3.77 DE Quincy Roche who replaces Mercilus sooner than later
3.87 RB Trey Sermon a power back who just runs. We haven't had a RB corps in years and both QBs need.
4.101 RB Chuba Hubbard yes another one and a touchdown machine. I've seen him mocked round two.
4.111 LT RT Dillon Radunz I almost went with OLB Snowden but Radunz plays all four also. I think he can be a center if needed.

I will set mine up as a single blockbuster deal between the Texans and Dolphins. One trade that sends WR, Brandon Cooks to Detroit for the Lions RD3-25-089 pick. Goff is going to need an extra weapon that has beneficial experience.

Dolphins Get:
QB- Deshaun Watson
DE- JJ Watt (Dumping Contract)
WR- Randall Cobb (Dumping Contract)
SS- Eric Murray (Dumping Contract)

Texans Get:
CB- Xavien Howard
SS- Eric Rowe
2021 Picks
RD1-03-003
RD1-18-018
RD2-03-035
RD2-18-050
2022 Picks
RD1
RD3
2023 Pick
RD1

Lions Get:
WR- Brandon Cooks

Texans Get:
RD3-07-071

TEXANS 2021 PICKS:
RD1-03-003:
RD1-18-018:

RD2-03-035:
RD2-18-050:

RD3-03-067:
RD3-07-071:

**There are 32 projected COMP Picks to be awarded** **RD4 - RD7 () will reflect the projected position after COMP Picks starting at the conclusion of RD3**

**+6 + 0 = +6 Picks**

RD4-03-099(106):
RD4-16-112(118):

**+6 + 8 = +14 Picks**

RD5-03-131(145):

**+14 + 8 = +22 Picks**

RD6-03-163(185):
RD6-18-176(198):
RD6-28-188(210):

**22 + 10 = +32 Picks**

RD7-03-195(227):

**13 Picks in the 2021 NFL Draft with 6 inside the Top 100**

I will Mock this draft later tonight or tomorrow. Anyone else wanting to use this slotting format are welcomed to it.....if you're good with the trades.

Last edited:
OT, I would not trade Cooks for less than an early round two. He's still a 1,000 yard WR with any of the QBs I mention or Zach Wilson.

I think the Lions could be a nice landing spot....would they give up their RD2-07-039 pick for Cooks? Also, I suggested the wrong RD3 pick....RD3-07-071. Corrected above.

Last edited:
I think the Lions could be a nice landing spot....would they give up their RD2 pick for Cooks?
in last six season except for 2019 he had over a thousand yards and even 2019 he avg 14 yards per catch. He had six TDs 2020. He's at 12 m cap and increases one million each next three years. A 28 YOA at that cost and those stats would cost more than that so why trade him for less than a late round one and that's depending on who is at that pick. Now if you can trade him for a need guy that is younger and cheaper...

in last six season except for 2019 he had over a thousand yards and even 2019 he avg 14 yards per catch. He had six TDs 2020. He's at 12 m cap and increases one million each next three years. A 28 YOA at that cost and those stats would cost more than that so why trade him for less than a late round one and that's depending on who is at that pick. Now if you can trade him for a need guy that is younger and cheaper...

I agree in regards to his production, I just don’t see any team giving up a RD1 or early RD2 for Cooks. A late RD2 or early RD3 is more plausible. Which teams would be in a position cap and pick asset wise to make deal?

I agree in regards to his production, I just don’t see any team giving up a RD1 or early RD2 for Cooks. A late RD2 or early RD3 is more plausible. Which teams would be in a position cap and pick asset wise to make deal?
oh you are correct he probably cannot get that pick but point is he may be valuable as is especially for another QB. If we trade with Dolphins, I would consider offering Cooks to Miami straight up for Howard. Both Brandin and Deshaun could benefit from the other and Dolphins need WRs. Here is where I'd say "I'm eating the dead on Watson you do same on Howard."

oh you are correct he probably cannot get that pick but point is he may be valuable as is especially for another QB. If we trade with Dolphins, I would consider offering Cooks to Miami straight up for Howard. Both Brandin and Deshaun could benefit from the other and Dolphins need WRs. Here is where I'd say "I'm eating the dead on Watson you do same on Howard."

I had both CB- Xavier Howard and SS- Eric Rowe coming to the Texans in my initial deal.

I will set mine up as a single blockbuster deal between the Texans and Dolphins. One trade that sends WR, Brandon Cooks to Detroit for the Lions RD3-25-089 pick. Goff is going to need an extra weapon that has beneficial experience.

Dolphins Get:
QB- Deshaun Watson
DE- JJ Watt (Dumping Contract)
WR- Randall Cobb (Dumping Contract)
SS- Eric Murray (Dumping Contract)

Texans Get:
CB- Xavien Howard
SS- Eric Rowe
2021 Picks
RD1-03-003
RD1-18-018
RD2-03-035
RD2-18-050
2022 Picks
RD1
RD3
2023 Pick
RD1

Lions Get:
WR- Brandon Cooks

Texans Get:
RD3-07-071

TEXANS 2021 PICKS:
RD1-03-003:
RD1-18-018:

RD2-03-035:
RD2-18-050:

RD3-03-067:
RD3-07-071:

**There are 32 projected COMP Picks to be awarded** **RD4 - RD7 () will reflect the projected position after COMP Picks starting at the conclusion of RD3**

**+6 + 0 = +6 Picks**

RD4-03-099(106):
RD4-16-112(118):

**+6 + 8 = +14 Picks**

RD5-03-131(145):

**+14 + 8 = +22 Picks**

RD6-03-163(185):
RD6-18-176(198):
RD6-28-188(210):

**22 + 10 = +32 Picks**

RD7-03-195(227):

**13 Picks in the 2021 NFL Draft with 6 inside the Top 100**

I will Mock this draft later tonight or tomorrow. Anyone else wanting to use this slotting format are welcomed to it.....if you're good with the trades.
Cooks said at the end of last season that he wouldn’t except anymore trades. Do you think that we’d be able to trade him?
I think we possibly could IF he was traded to a contender, but that wouldn’t be the Lions.

Here’s a mock without a blockbuster DW trade. I know I’m probably wrong, but I HOPE we can repair the relationship.
My trade involves WATT to the 49ers for one of the compensatory picks they’ll receive for developing Saleh (97th-110th range).
We also trade McKinney to the Dolphins for their 4th Rd pick. (I’m looking at trading him expecting us to switch to a more 4-3 base, and McKinney isn’t quick enough for that alignment)

3rd Chazz Surratt LB -three down LB that would add speed
3rd (Comp) Levi Onwuzurike DT- interior DL with good quickness to shed blocks
4th Ambry Thomas CB- outside speed that presses and disrupts routes
4th Quinn Meinerz C- DIII mauler that shined against Power 5 competitors in Senior Bowl
4th (Dolphins) Daelin Hayes Edge- team leader, high character that has shown flashes
5th Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR- vertical threat with return skills
6th Cameron Sample DT- big boy with great power and grip
6th Dez Fitzpatrick WR- stood out at the SB, good length, technician as a route runner
6th Elijah Mitchell RB- small shop products with vision
7th Tariq Thompson S- nickel DB with good instincts

I had both CB- Xavier Howard and SS- Eric Rowe coming to the Texans in my initial deal.
Yes I see that. And that could happen. My point was To make Howard a separate deal so the Dolphins cannot decrease the number of draft picks we have. Watson for the two round ones and two round two and 2022 one and two. Making Howard part of that could have Dolphins eliminating a two now and a first in 2022.
I would probably negotiate The Howard deal before The Watson deal .

Cooks said at the end of last season that he wouldn’t except anymore trades. Do you think that we’d be able to trade him?
I think we possibly could IF he was traded to a contender, but that wouldn’t be the Lions.
Brandin Cooks would go to whatever team that signed DeShaun Watson IMO. I do not think he would Sit out either .

I think the Lions could be a nice landing spot....would they give up their RD2-07-039 pick for Cooks? Also, I suggested the wrong RD3 pick....RD3-07-071. Corrected above.
I would not Trade Cooks unless I had a plan such as a high draft pick to replace him with a wide receiver. Moving Laremy Tunsil early for top 15 pick allows you to target One of the top wide receivers in the draft.

I would not Trade Cooks unless I had a plan such as a high draft pick to replace him with a wide receiver. Moving Laremy Tunsil early for top 15 pick allows you to target One of the top wide receivers in the draft.

I'd probably hold Tunsil for the 2021 season and set to trade him in 2022 after nabbing a top LT in the 2021 draft if Watson is indeed traded. I'd have no issues taking Penei Sewell with the Dolphins #3 pick and inserting him at RT for the 2021 season. Wouldn't be opposed to slotting him at LG and letting Scharping take a crack at Center.

Cooks isn't going to get you Howard.

To many trades in your mock that aren't likely to happen

Do a mock with just trading DW4 and maybe unloading a bad contract. Then I will be able to follow your thought process better.

I enjoy reading your stuff though.

Cooks isn't going to get you Howard.

To many trades in your mock that aren't likely to happen

Do a mock with just trading DW4 and maybe unloading a bad contract. Then I will be able to follow your thought process better.

I enjoy reading your stuff though.

I'm thinking the Texans could move Cooks to the Lions for their early RD3 pick. Even though Cooks had a nice season....his injury history might have teams a little skittish in regards to giving up a RD1 or RD2 (33-48). I was happy with his production and would be fine if he returned an early RD3 pick while taking his money off the books.

As for the projected Miami trade....Watson, Watt, Cobb, and Murray would be heading to the Dolphins. Those 4 would be representing some major cap/salary relief going forward. Getting CB, Howard and SS, Rowe in return plus the picks would be some much needed help defensively and a great return in picks.

I'm thinking the Texans could move Cooks to the Lions for their early RD3 pick. Even though Cooks had a nice season....his injury history might have teams a little skittish in regards to giving up a RD1 or RD2 (33-48). I was happy with his production and would be fine if he returned an early RD3 pick while taking his money off the books.

As for the projected Miami trade....Watson, Watt, Cobb, and Murray would be heading to the Dolphins. Those 4 would be representing some major cap/salary relief going forward. Getting CB, Howard and SS, Rowe in return plus the picks would be some much needed help defensively and a great return in picks.

I have no problem trading Cooks but I that having a vet like Cooks would be very helpful for a rookie QB.

There's no way Miami would trade talent like Howard And take on that much salary. It would literally destroy their franchise. But if they wanted to do a deal like that I would do it in a heartbeat and look to either trade back up for Wilson or wait until 2022 for my QB.

I’m having a hard time believing that ANYONE would take on the contract of Murray. It’s awful, and he’s not a starter. I think he’ll be cut after June 1st.

I have no problem trading Cooks but I that having a vet like Cooks would be very helpful for a rookie QB.

There's no way Miami would trade talent like Howard And take on that much salary. It would literally destroy their franchise. But if they wanted to do a deal like that I would do it in a heartbeat and look to either trade back up for Wilson or wait until 2022 for my QB.

I’d like to go QB shopping in 2023 once Caserio has assembled a strong young team that has talent on both sides of the ball. Come 2023, the Texans could look at the draft or FA for the right QB to guide the team going forward. Either way, they should have their picks and/or cap space to make the right move.

I think grabbing a QB first in a rebuild process is wasting too many valuable years of the financially friendly rookie contract.

I’m having a hard time believing that ANYONE would take on the contract of Murray. It’s awful, and he’s not a starter. I think he’ll be cut after June 1st.

Didn’t everyone in the NFL say the same thing when OB bent over and spread his cheeks when taking David Johnson and 100% of his contract? I bet OB still can’t rip a fart....more like a swoosh is all he can muster nowadays. Even Saban is confused when OB farts in his office...he always checks the window in his office.

It would save us about $2.5 but if we hold onto him and teams need a safety or maybe a CB we would trade him for a one eyed jackass and dump more. It might be worth gamble of holding.

I'm not interested in reading about any hypothetical vanilla trade with Watson that doesn't involve atleast 6 teams.

I’d like to go QB shopping in 2023 once Caserio has assembled a strong young team that has talent on both sides of the ball. Come 2023, the Texans could look at the draft or FA for the right QB to guide the team going forward. Either way, they should have their picks and/or cap space to make the right move.

I think grabbing a QB first in a rebuild process is wasting too many valuable years of the financially friendly rookie contract.

I kind of like Carson Strong/Sam Howell/Spencer Rattler/Kyle Slovis in the 2022 draft.

If the Dolphins wanted to trade #3/18/35 plus a 2022 1st and Tua/Howard I would do this deal if the Jets wouldn't trade 2/22/34 plus Williams and a 2022 1st.

See where Tua is in a yr and if he wasn't the QB of the future then draft one of the 4 QB's I listed. Unless Wilson fell to #3 then I would pick him and try to trade Tua.

If Wilson wasn't there I would try to trade down from #3 and pickup more picks.

Last edited:

While I understand your thoughts and have considered going after QB in 2022 with 2-3 firsts from a Watson trade, it will be difficult for me to by pass a QB like Wilson that I think might eventually be as good a Watson.

Is Dallas a possible partner? I looked at them only recently.

WR Cee Dee Lamb compared to Hopkins pre 2020 draft; as a first round selection under control for five seasons.

CB Trevon Diggs 23 as 2020 rookie 58 Ts one sack, one FF, 14 passes defended with three INTs that gained 43 yards. Contract ends 2025 total owed after trade apprx $3.5 million. IIRC, he was ranked #2 corner coming out of Alabama. PFF at Dallas 62.7 which seems exceptionally low with those stats.

Safety Donovan Wilson 6' 200 2020 stats 71 Ts 3.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles with 2 recovered and two INTs and three passes defended. Contract thru 2022 < $2m.

1.10 QB Trey Lance small school with only one season but man what a season. 67% of passes for 2786 and 28 TD with zero INTs. https://walterfootball.com/draft2021charlie.php

or WR DeVonta Smith 2020 Heisman

2022 round one

I'm thinking not enough? This would be if Jets and Dolphins don't offer what we want.

I am fairly certain Deshaun goes to NY Jets but this is based on a solid chance that Joe Douglas decides to keep 1.2 and select Zach Wilson. Of course many of you will have different guys at picks/positions I select but that is the fun in it. This mock offers a view on how I project Houston becoming relevant again with draft picks bringing in new blood and lowering the cap. Remember first rounders come with a year five option which brings exceptional value rather than trading out of round one to get additional round two and later picks.

In this draft I want to focus on what I see as our dire need positions and one of those is creating an offensive line that a QB that is not necessarily top 10. I list only thru what I see as fourth round and do not go into 2022 except to list those picks. I see 2022 as offering several decent choices for QB if what I have do not work out. In trade I provide two cheap QBs that with guidance from Pep Hamilton could become multi year QBs in the NFl and both have 5th year options.

Trade one : Deshaun Watson to Miami for Tu'a Tagovaila +CB Xavien Howard + 1.3+1.18+2.35+ 2.50 + 2022 round one and two.

Trade two: 1.3 to NY Giants for QB Daniel Jones + CB Julian Love + FS Xavier McKinney + 1.11 + 2.43
Trade three: LT Laremy Tunsil to LA Chargers for 1.13 and 3.77 LA needs pro-bowler for Herbert
Trade four: JJ Watt to Pittsburgh for 3.87

Trades provide two young interesting QBs in Daniel Jones and Tu Tag to compete with other as backup.
Dire need corner across from Robey in Howard whose stats show he is shutdown corner for his side of the field. Yes he wants raise and I would give him one. Corner Julian Love was a guy many of you know I mocked strongly to Houston in 2019 and can replace Roby when needed. X McKinney gives us the guy to pair with Justin Reid and replace him after this season.

1.11 WR and Heisman winner Devonta Smith my best WR
1.13 LT Christian Darrisaw I have him tied with Penei Sewell; saves cap from Tunsil
1.18 WR Terrace Marshall my second best WR and with Smith, my new Oline and RBs gives our new QBs all needed to succeed without spending a top three pick on QB.
2.35 RB Najee Harris have watched him every year at Alabama and he had phenomenal season. Best in draft
2.45 OC Landon Dickerson pure center who could become best in NFL. Rarely moved backwards.
2.50 LT Jackson Carman body guard for TL at Clemson. I play him LG but he can start all four spots.
3.67 RG Deonte Brown I considered another position but he is just a mauler I want in my new power offense. He will play next to his teammate Dickerson.
3.77 DE Quincy Roche who replaces Mercilus sooner than later
3.87 RB Trey Sermon a power back who just runs. We haven't had a RB corps in years and both QBs need.
4.101 RB Chuba Hubbard yes another one and a touchdown machine. I've seen him mocked round two.
4.111 LT RT Dillon Radunz I almost went with OLB Snowden but Radunz plays all four also. I think he can be a center if needed.
J J prob goes to Pitts but we do not get a pick.

Tell me why teams like Lance more than Davis Mills?

Both are really talented and haven't played many games in college. In fact Mills has played against a higher level of competition.

Tell me why teams like Lance more than Davis Mills?

Both are really talented and haven't played many games in college. In fact Mills has played against a higher level of competition.
review Concerns for Mills:

I did not see much of him nor did anybody else but I think he made the mistake of coming out and not returning for his final red shirt senior year. As this article says the only reason he will be moved up to perhaps a day two selection is because so many quarterbacks better than him remain in school. He's got the basics but really need to solidify those. In my opinion he needs to sit behind a veteran quarterbacks a couple of years on a team that has great quarterback coaching.

As far as Lance one development year ahead of your guy in my opinion

review Concerns for Mills:

I did not see much of him nor did anybody else but I think he made the mistake of coming out and not returning for his final red shirt senior year. As this article says the only reason he will be moved up to perhaps a day two selection is because so many quarterbacks better than him remain in school. He's got the basics but really need to solidify those. In my opinion he needs to sit behind a veteran quarterbacks a couple of years on a team that has great quarterback coaching.

As far as Lance one development year ahead of your guy in my opinion

For the record Mills isn't my guy and both of them need to sit behind a vet QB for a couple of yrs because neither has played much football. Both are really talented though, it's just 1 is supposedly going in the top 10 although he hasn't played much and the other hasn't played much but played against D-1 competition and is going in the 2-3 rd rd. If I was gambling give me Mills in the 2nd over Lance in the top 10. Particularly after seeing Wentz career in jeopardy.

Is Dallas a possible partner? I looked at them only recently.

WR Cee Dee Lamb compared to Hopkins pre 2020 draft; as a first round selection under control for five seasons.

CB Trevon Diggs 23 as 2020 rookie 58 Ts one sack, one FF, 14 passes defended with three INTs that gained 43 yards. Contract ends 2025 total owed after trade apprx $3.5 million. IIRC, he was ranked #2 corner coming out of Alabama. PFF at Dallas 62.7 which seems exceptionally low with those stats.

Safety Donovan Wilson 6' 200 2020 stats 71 Ts 3.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles with 2 recovered and two INTs and three passes defended. Contract thru 2022 < $2m.

1.10 QB Trey Lance small school with only one season but man what a season. 67% of passes for 2786 and 28 TD with zero INTs. https://walterfootball.com/draft2021charlie.php

or WR DeVonta Smith 2020 Heisman

2022 round one

I'm thinking not enough? This would be if Jets and Dolphins don't offer what we want.
Much has changed since I posted and probably as much will change between now and NFL draft. The focus of this post is moving Tunsil but I do so with other moves either already done (Watson) or ready to go. I think moving Tunsil prior to Watson would tip other teams that Caserio is willing to take offers. I like that he is keeping everything quite with "no trade" as his mantra. As soon as he has offer he wants he calls these teams to offer Laremy.

Bengals: move Jonah Williams to right tackle. Texans get #5 and WR Tee Higgins
Chargers: 1.13 plus DE Jerry Tillery and round three #77.

Back