Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY's April pre-draft 2022

badboy

Hall of Fame
Probably my last one before April 28th with some thoughts prior to my selections. I have had players all over the place this year as have others but probably more so than any other year. Caserio doesn't have to be great as we need starters everywhere so just don't muck it up Nick! I think we can do well this draft but still predict low wins this season which will allow us to hit big again in 2023. I have us at 1.1 and 1.10 Cleveland which I considered in creating this mock. Research says no LT in round one 2023 that I want and I don't want any of the top three 2022 over guy I select 1.13. Also I think Nick keeps 1.3 but trades 1.13 which does not impact my choice there as I will take same guy lower but cannot pass him up as no other LT lights my fire after 13. I think Tunsil will be gone after this season as he will be a $35m hit. We can save $18 m.

1.1 Jags Hutchinson most important for me this keeps them from drafting 2023 my guy Will Anderson.
1.2 Lions Travon Walker
1.3 Texans Ahmad 'Sauce' Gardner best player in draft & Lovey loves him. Shut down, mirror guy who will
excel in any defense. Takes pressure off safety behind him allowing best safety to play opposite with drafted rookie behind Sauce. Usually a no no but my two guys will start.
1.4 Jets Thibodeaux some fans leery of Hamilton here as need is edge. Coach gets both!
1.5 NYG Neal
1.6 Panthers Pickett GM holds his breath and gets his QB
1.7 NYG Ekwonu Giants building for the future.
1.8 Falcons Garrett I thought QB but WR Ridley's suspension mandates this positional pick.
1.9 Seattle Cross I can see a QB but not if I'm picking.
1.10 Jets Hamilton and coach is ecstatic.
1.11 Wash Treylon Burks maybe another WR like Drake
1.12 Vikings Kaair Elam
1.13 Texans OT Trevor Penning I expect trade down but this is the pick then also. LG until Tunsil goes.

2.37 Texans S/nickle/ outside corner Daxton Hill. If not there, Jaquan Brisker. Best safety on team.

3.68 Texans LT/OG Jamaree Salyer I play him at RG but train him at center also. LG in 2023.
3.80 Texans CB Martin Emerson seems to be forgotten but could start opposite Sauce.
4.107 Texans RB Brian Robinson
4.108 Texans DE Sam Williams my sleeper Mississippi 6'4" 265 57 tackles 16 for loss; 12.5 sacks; 8 QB hurries; 4 forced fumbles 1 33 yard TD; 1 PBU

Probably my last one before April 28th with some thoughts prior to my selections. I have had players all over the place this year as have others but probably more so than any other year. Caserio doesn't have to be great as we need starters everywhere so just don't muck it up Nick! I think we can do well this draft but still predict low wins this season which will allow us to hit big again in 2023. I have us at 1.1 and 1.10 Cleveland which I considered in creating this mock. Research says no LT in round one 2023 that I want and I don't want any of the top three 2022 over guy I select 1.13. Also I think Nick keeps 1.3 but trades 1.13 which does not impact my choice there as I will take same guy lower but cannot pass him up as no other LT lights my fire after 13. I think Tunsil will be gone after this season as he will be a $35m hit. We can save $18 m.

1.1 Jags Hutchinson most important for me this keeps them from drafting 2023 my guy Will Anderson.
1.2 Lions Travon Walker
1.3 Texans Ahmad 'Sauce' Gardner best player in draft & Lovey loves him. Shut down, mirror guy who will
excel in any defense. Takes pressure off safety behind him allowing best safety to play opposite with drafted rookie behind Sauce. Usually a no no but my two guys will start.
1.4 Jets Thibodeaux some fans leery of Hamilton here as need is edge. Coach gets both!
1.5 NYG Neal
1.6 Panthers Pickett GM holds his breath and gets his QB
1.7 NYG Ekwonu Giants building for the future.
1.8 Falcons Garrett I thought QB but WR Ridley's suspension mandates this positional pick.
1.9 Seattle Cross I can see a QB but not if I'm picking.
1.10 Jets Hamilton and coach is ecstatic.
1.11 Wash Treylon Burks maybe another WR like Drake
1.12 Vikings Kaair Elam
1.13 Texans OT Trevor Penning I expect trade down but this is the pick then also. LG until Tunsil goes.

2.37 Texans S/nickle/ outside corner Daxton Hill. If not there, Jaquan Brisker. Best safety on team.

3.68 Texans LT/OG Jamaree Salyer I play him at RG but train him at center also. LG in 2023.
3.80 Texans CB Martin Emerson seems to be forgotten but could start opposite Sauce.
4.107 Texans RB Brian Robinson
4.108 Texans DE Sam Williams my sleeper Mississippi 6'4" 265 57 tackles 16 for loss; 12.5 sacks; 8 QB hurries; 4 forced fumbles 1 33 yard TD; 1 PBU
I love the Gardner pick but I would also love to have Neal here - getting Mills some more protection and even a few tenths more time to find his target will make a big difference.
I know that Hutchinson is the favourite for Jags at #1 here, but what if they also see value in protecting their shiny new QB too and take Neal?
There is also a strong chance that Lions could take Malik Willis at #2 - leaving Hutchinson there for the Texans picking.
If someone wants to trade that #3 pick to take him, it's going to cost them. :evil:

Interesting breakdown on several of the top corners in this draft. If you can't pull up the article at suggest you download newsbreak app. It is free.

That’s a great article! I love the breakdown of the different aspects of a CB’s game.

This one is for the Receivers:-
All these guys have strengths and weaknesses which is pretty much par for the course for 99.9 % of all players.
It is up to the coaches to rectify those as much as possible.
Perfect players are rare and usually go #1 overall.

I love the Gardner pick but I would also love to have Neal here - getting Mills some more protection and even a few tenths more time to find his target will make a big difference.
I know that Hutchinson is the favourite for Jags at #1 here, but what if they also see value in protecting their shiny new QB too and take Neal?
There is also a strong chance that Lions could take Malik Willis at #2 - leaving Hutchinson there for the Texans picking.
If someone wants to trade that #3 pick to take him, it's going to cost them. :evil:
hopefully you read that I picked another offensive lineman at 13? Whether we as fans agree or not I think it's pretty obvious that Smith considers right tackle resolved IE Howard, Heck or maybe even Cann. Another reason I don't see OT at 3. As I have posted before if I were picking for the Jags it would be a right tackle.

Difficult to find a current Mock showing Jags taking anyone besides Hutchison. Ekwonu at 1 is no longer considered a possibility.

You could be right about Malik but I have only been able to find one original source that suggests that Willis could be taking by Detroit.
I no longer want to trade down from number three.

Hopefully you read the article I posted about evaluations of the cornerbacks?

hopefully you read that I picked another offensive lineman at 13? Whether we as fans agree or not I think it's pretty obvious that Smith considers right tackle resolved IE Howard, Heck or maybe even Cann. Another reason I don't see OT at 3. As I have posted before if I were picking for the Jags it would be a right tackle.

Difficult to find a current Mock showing Jags taking anyone besides Hutchison. Ekwonu at 1 is no longer considered a possibility.

You could be right about Malik but I have only been able to find one original source that suggests that Willis could be taking by Detroit.

Yes I read it - very informative.
I posted the ones about the top edges and receivers.

Malik is a media hyped bust waiting to happen. Go back to his body of work. Couldn’t win the starting job at Auburn….transferred to Liberty and put up decent numbers. His numbers should’ve jumped to “elite” status but they didn’t. He did a nice job at the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Day but I’m not 100% confident that he jumped to RD1 QB and/or Franchise QB status. Lions would set their team back years with this pick versus staying the course and taking local favorite and safest pick, DE- Hutchinson.

Malik is a media hyped bust waiting to happen. Go back to his body of work. Couldn’t win the starting job at Auburn….transferred to Liberty and put up decent numbers. His numbers should’ve jumped to “elite” status but they didn’t. He did a nice job at the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Day but I’m not 100% confident that he jumped to RD1 QB and/or Franchise QB status. Lions would set their team back years with this pick versus staying the course and taking local favorite and safest pick, DE- Hutchinson.
I see Malik Willis having a first year as did Zach Wilson. Still I would love to see Willis drafted by Detroit.

Smith?

Back