Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY'S 2021 cut list

I’m guessing you attended Virginia Tech? What do you know about the Kicker we signed from VTech? Seems to have a strong leg.
lol....everyone makes that mistake. When my daughter was 4, I played a lot of online games, and needed a nickname. I looked around and saw my daughter's little learning toy, so I said, what the hell and tried it. Vtech was taken, but it gave me the option for vtech9, and I've used it ever since.

you are probably correct but Lindsay played his way off for me tonight six for 17 yards. Ingram's age and $2 million in savings should go. Howell ran with as much intensity although Ingram had a good game and improved my opinion of him.
Badboy picks Ingram and Lindsay to be gone..

I took Badboy's list as what he would do to get to 53, not that any of this has or will happen.

But not by game 1
Clutch onto any string you need to! Everyone thought Ingram was going to be the future. I hoped he would be cut but the Texans held onto him long enough to get a 7th round which is at least something. I enjoy going against the popular opinions.

:uprights:

Your original statement was that you had heard Ingram would be cut by game 1. I questioned where you had heard that, and you had no answer. Now you're crowing that Ingram was traded and you knew it all along?
My point is and was that Ingram would be gone and I earlier had posted that a source said he would be gone by game one and he did not last the season regardless if cut as I wanted or traded for a round 7. Here are some posts that led me to believe Ingram was thought to be a part of the future and I misspoke saying 'everyone' thought he was the future. I was just adamant that I did not want him:

If the Texans had cut David Johnson, I would have loved this backfield of Ingram & Lindsay. But I don't understand having 10mil invested in the backfield of mediocre guys. I don't see how it would make sense to keep all 3. Ingram has the least amount of dead cap, so is he the most likely one out?
As it should be.

Party's over guys

BTW, this is the best RB room the Texans have had in yrs.
I agree, this is the best RB room the Texans have had since Foster/Tate. All three RBs are capable of being 1000 yard rushers. I can see this team running the ball 40+ times a game if the OL can do their part (which the addition of Cannon helps in the trenches). If they can drain the clock the defense automatically looks better due to less time on the field. Not the prettiest way to be competitive but ball control offense/limit turnovers and minimize big plays on defense/make opposing team drive the length of the field to score is a proven formula for success.

With Tyrod they have a QB that can threaten with his legs and limits turnovers. They have the RB stable to control the clock. Now gotta figure out if the new OL coach/Culley can fix the line enough with scheme/improving existing talent to be able to control the trenches. The bar was not set high from previous regime.

They have quality OTs in Tunsil/Cannon, Howard will be a solid starter wherever he winds up on OL, hopefully Campen can turn Scharping around enough to contribute positively. If Britt can be a hit they might have something with the OL.
This does look like a run-oriented line up.
Ingram to pound when they need the tough yards, DJ as the receiving thread out of the backfield, and Lindsay for the standard set.
Yep. Or you could compare them to Burkhead/James White/Sony Michel/Damien Harris in New England. All three of these guys will contribute and add in whoever plays under QB to add additional threat like Lamar Jackson/Cam Newton in Baltimore/New England.
I love this signing. I'm looking forward to watching him in a Texan uniform.

David Johnson, Phillip Lindsay and Mark Ingram looks like it could be effective. I expect to add another 2 RB's for training camp.
At 100% he can create some problems for the defense trying to stop him. I like the signing and teamed with Ingram could be a good 1-2 punch combo.

Who the **** is everyone? I'm going to guess very few thought an 11 year RB was the future of anything.
I should have said some thought Ingram would be part of the running back corps going into 2022. I quoted some posts that IMO support that Ingram was thought to be here this entire season and into 2022

My point is and was that Ingram would be gone and I earlier had posted that a source said he would be gone by game one and he did not last the season regardless if cut as I wanted or traded for a round 7. Here are some posts that led me to believe Ingram was thought to be a part of the future and I misspoke saying 'everyone' thought he was the future. I was just adamant that I did not want him:

:ok:

I should have said some thought Ingram would be part of the running back corps going into 2022. I quoted some posts that IMO support that Ingram was thought to be here this entire season and into 2022

Ummmm... have no idea why you quoted me. In fact, I mentioned he may be the first one out!?

Ummmm... have no idea why you quoted me. In fact, I mentioned he may be the first one out!?
I quoted you as you said you would have loved the backfield of Ingram and Lindsay if DJ cut indicating to me you were okay with that duo going forward. Don't go backing out now... yes you said he might be first to go due to his cap hit not his play.

I dont know any poster that thought a 32 yr old Ingram was part of the future. But he was better than any RB that was on the roster last yr.

I quoted you as you said you would have loved the backfield of Ingram and Lindsay if DJ cut indicating to me you were okay with that duo going forward. Don't go backing out now... yes you said he might be first to go due to his cap hit not his play.

I was very much happy with the RB room this yr. That doesn't mean I'm unhappy they traded Ingram or for that matter cut Lindsey.

Yes, I said I liked the Ingram & Lindsay duo because they were cheap vets. But nowhere did I say I liked that backfield for the future or even next season. Dude, you're reaching.

Clutch onto any string you need to! Everyone thought Ingram was going to be the future. I hoped he would be cut but the Texans held onto him long enough to get a 7th round which is at least something. I enjoy going against the popular opinions.

Quoted for the smell of BS.

Reactions: JB
Yes, I said I liked the Ingram & Lindsay duo because they were cheap vets. But nowhere did I say I liked that backfield for the future or even next season. Dude, you're reaching.
Sorry when you said you loved them ...I thought you loved them...

It's OK to go back and qualify what you said. Hindsight often change things. :tiphat:

Sorry when you said you loved them ...I thought you loved them...

It's OK to go back and qualify what you said. Hindsight often change things. :tiphat:

Sad it's come to posts like this one.

Hypocrisy lives in the desire to be right. What gets me is this should've been understood that nobody thought Ingram was the future. But I guess it needs to be spelled out for those who apparently took the short bus to school. SMH

Back