Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY's 2020 mock draft

badboy

Hall of Fame
All info is based upon information I have at time of posting & will change frequently. My pics are based upon my wants for the Houston Texans but players must have reasonable chance to be there at our selection. As always I will try to respond ASAP to any questions on my players or yours. As of today we have round two, our own 3rd and a probable round 3 comp. I am expecting to lose the third on Duke Johnson and will draft with two round fours.

badboy

Hall of Fame
2. Cb/safety Shyhiem Carter 6 foot 195 pounds approximately 4.5 Alabama he took the place of Minkah Fitzpatrick at the so-called star position.

3a. Olb Kenny Willekes 6'4 260 plays defensive end for Michigan State.

3b CB Bryce Hall 6' 200 Virginia

Note all three could end up late first-round early second-round.

4.1 (Miami) CB Chase Lucas 6' 175 4.49 Arizona State

4b RSoph LT Samuel Cosmo 6'54" 291
Due to need at the position I think he may come out if he believes he could go higher. U.Tx

badboy

Hall of Fame
It is now the bye week of 2019 and Texans are 6-3 tied with Colts at first place. Two very important players who could significantly impact the roster in 2020 are number #1 DE/OLB Duke Ejiofor whom as I've stated before could be a replacements for Jadeveon Clowney. He has the size and skill set as Clowney and his motor coming out of college was also questioned. Health and how he responds to coaching makes him priority player for me.

#2 CB Gareon Conley 6' 195 4.44 speed impress the heck out of me and could be our replacement for Roby. His long speed, press man coverage, burst to ball, ability to catch up and his 37 " vertical and over 10 foot broadjump can allow him to become shutdown corner. I can see Conley and Lonnie Johnson with a draft pick as our starters and also a team-friendly new contract for Joseph.
If I am correct this could take the pressure off the draft although I would still choose each of these positions with our first two picks.

austins23

Hall of Fame
I know we will never get another JJ Watt, but who in your opinion is out there that would be a good draft pick to replace Watt (not replace, but play that position). Feels like all of our D Line is very good at run D but weak in Pass rush. Omenehu has potential but that position should be upgraded in my opinion.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I know we will never get another JJ Watt, but who in your opinion is out there that would be a good draft pick to replace Watt (not replace, but play that position). Feels like all of our D Line is very good at run D but weak in Pass rush. Omenehu has potential but that position should be upgraded in my opinion.
The issue as you know is finding player that has all the combo skill JJ spoiled us with; size to knock down passes, get around ends with crazy quickness but power to blow up Ts and Gs. Watt doesn't play like a 290 pounder. The 2-3 possible will be gone so I'm leaning towards corner(s) round 2 and 3 and NCAA2 guy(s) round four. I'm researching some guys for that criteria but not quite ready to post about them yet.

Also do not be surprised if Blackson reduces weight and plays JJ role to a certain extent.

Childress79

Waterboy
2.53: OLB K'Lavon Chaisson: After starting the year on a tear, Whitney Mercilus has come back to earth. Chaisson is a player with amazing potential as both a pass rusher and in pass coverage. Back up option if he is gone: Terrell Lewis
3.100 - Mathieu comp pick: Devin DuVernay: A rocked up version of Fuller and Stills, Duvernay allows us to play hardball with both vets after their contract year next season. Back up option if he is gone: highest rated CB and take Denzel Mims later on.
4.111 - Miami pick: Darnay Holmes: I think Conley and Johnson are our starting corners next year after Roby proves to have too high of an asking price. I am very open to Joseph and Gaines back as depth (and a sneaky smart signing might be Eric Rowe). Holmes provides more depth and is a developmental player whose potential is high though he is a little short to play outside.
4.128: Lamical Perine: A younger Carlos Hyde type that allows Carlos Hyde to avoid some wear and tear throughout the season.
5.168: Solomon Kindley: IOL depth that would eventually start after Fulton's no longer here.
7.240: Gage Cervenka: I think a very underrated player at this point. He is raw but has played on the IOLfor Clemson the last two years after arriving on camp[us as a DT. Strong and quick he'd play the role that Mancz did prior to injury with an outside shot of one day saving us $$$ by replacing Martin at OC
7.250 - Covington comp pick: Tanner Muse: toolsy safety who'd basically provide much of what Gillaspia does as a special teamer but who might be able to play some safety for us too.

Most of my picks are made with an eye toward replacing more expensive vets in the future. As such I do not necessarily envision them playing big roles right away but rather gradually taking over the position after some seasoning.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the reply/info. I read you guys talking about this stuff all the time. Thanks for the time you guys put into it!
Unfortunately has not been great season for me to evaluate lower range guys, too many lopsided games. I still think many good players for our needs will be avail through our Miami 4th

badboy

Hall of Fame
Good work BB, What makes you think they will get two 3rd rd picks?
? Last post where I gave rounds stated Corners in the second and third round which would give us two players and then we have two picks in the 4th round and I stated we should look at NCAA II schools for pass rushers. :thinking:

Oh wait I figured it out and you are misreading my post. To clarify I was saying there are two to three possible players that would be good but will not fall to our second round pick. Does that help?