Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Atlanta Falcons @ Houston Texans. 12/4. 12 CT. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

After losing its top two QBs to season-ending injuries, Houston turns to T.J. Yates in hopes of extending the longest single-season winning streak in team history Sunday against the visiting Atlanta Falcons.

Two weeks after starter Matt Schaub suffered a severe foot injury, No. 2 quarterback Matt Leinart fractured his left collarbone shortly before halftime during a 20-13 victory at Jacksonville last Sunday.

That thrust Yates, a fifth-round pick out of North Carolina, into action and he went 8 of 15 for 70 yards in his NFL debut. While Yates led a drive that resulted in a field goal and gave the Texans a 10-point lead at the break, Houston compiled just 47 yards and two first downs in the second half.

Still, the Texans held on for their fifth straight victory.

Houston (8-3), two games ahead of Tennessee in the division, has persevered despite injuries to All-Pro wideout Andre Johnson and star running back Arian Foster. Johnson returned from a six-game absence to catch two passes for 22 yards versus the Jaguars.

While Houston’s offense has been in a state of uncertainty, the defense has continued to thrive. The Texans rank second in the NFL with 16.3 points allowed per game and are surrendering a league-low average of 268.4 yards.

They’ll surely be in for a test against a Falcons team that has won five of six, its only loss in that stretch coming by a 26-23 score in overtime against NFC South-leading New Orleans on Nov. 13.

Atlanta (7-4) is one game behind the Saints and in a three-way tie with Chicago and Detroit for the two wild-card spots.

While the Falcons have been surging, they’ve hardly dominated opponents. One week after building a 20-point lead and escaping with a 23-17 win over Tennessee, Atlanta held on for a 24-14 victory over Minnesota on Sunday.

The Falcons took a 17-0 lead into halftime last week but needed to hold off a Vikings rally, making a goal-line stand in the fourth quarter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=Aoy5HFsDPLOSlEJVpzo7d99DubYF?gid=20111204034

2wf4rnq.jpg

5cdglx.jpg

ojkw8g.jpg

What I want to see:

I'll say it again! Come. Out. Throwing.

I know, I know...I say that all the time. However, T.J. Yates has to feel comfortable today. East throws like screens and such. Texans are going to run the bootlegs and get the defense moving around. One thing the Texans need to do is loosen up the coverage a bit with some deep attempts. Keeping the Falcons honest, rookie QB or not, is key.

#2 run D or not, pound the rock.

Atlanta's run D is good, but regardless of that 83 yds/gm number, run the football. Need the offensive line to ball out of control today. No reason why we can't run the football when we want to run it. After last week's poor showing, the OL will be out to prove something with a lot of people not giving the Texans a shot.

Do not get beat deep.

Manning, Nolan, Quin, whoever....Stay alert. Julio Jones, Roddy White and Harry Douglas can all be deep threats, so safety play will be a key factor when it comes to the deep ball (obviously). Not really worried about J-Jo, but more so with Kareem and Allen. The pass rush will also be a factor in how many times Matt Ryan can throw the deep ball.

Prove 'em wrong.

One thing special about this squad is they don't care about what other people say. They just come out, kick ass, and go 1-0. So y'all know the rules. One team. One goal. 1-0. No one thinks they can do it this week, so go out, slap ATL around, and go 1-0.
One last thing....

LETS GET TO 9-3!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm kind of suprised everyone is picking Atlanta to win. Should they be favored to win, sure, but honestly, the falcons are a very underwhelming 7-4. We actually do have a legit chance for the upset.

FYI - maybe for the first time ever, todays game in Reliant isn't the game of the day for the Houston Texans - it's the game in Buffalo as the Titans visit the Bills.
Realistically speaking, the Texans almost surely will lose today and if the Titans win in Buffalo the Texans division lead would be cut to a very narrow one-game margin with 4 games to play and the Titans would have a legit chance to grab the division title and be the lone AFC South playoff entry. So besides our game,
keep a close watch on the Titans-Bills contest.

About to head out for Houston, see if we can squeeze some 'gaiting in with all the rain I just saw on the radar... Oh well...

Go Texans! You've lost one game you weren't supposed to lose, now go win one you're not supposed to win!

This is probably one of the games I have been the most excited during the week to watch. I don't know but the excitement of having a new quarterback in who is a rookie on the first playoff running season.

I am so excited to see what Yates brings to the table. I don't know why, but I think this kid is going suprise a lot of people for the better.:fans:

Cant sleep

No ****, right? I went to bed at 3am and now it's 8:30am and I'm wide awake.

I mean, the only thing that'll make me fall asleep is to think about sex. But with my wife, I'd rather stay awake!

Dadum chish!

My wife said I'd love her more if she were shaped like a football. I said, don't be ridiculous, I'd love you more if you were shaped like a woman!

Geez, I need to go back to bed.

My wife said I'd love her more if she were shaped like a football. I said, don't be ridiculous, I'd love you more if you were shaped like a woman!.

wife: Honey, if you lose 20 lbs. I'll dance for you.
husband: if you lose 20 lbs. I'll watch.

Yates, go shred the 26th ranked pass D. Make 'em pay on blitzes.
D, do what you've been doing, wreak havoc.
Get a W! Go Texans!

Kubiak..........don't abandon the run, BUT let TJ loose for the mid and long pass. For once, see the fact that teams don't really have any worthwhile film on your QB.......and use it to advantage. That singular advantage disappears quickly in subsequent games...........for once, be UNPREDICTABLE!

No ****, right? I went to bed at 3am and now it's 8:30am and I'm wide awake.

I mean, the only thing that'll make me fall asleep is to think about sex. But with my wife, I'd rather stay awake!

Dadum chish!

My wife said I'd love her more if she were shaped like a football. I said, don't be ridiculous, I'd love you more if you were shaped like a woman!

Geez, I need to go back to bed.

Fell asleep at 2, woke up at 6; been awake ever since. So I went for a 2 mile run.

Apparently they are giving Yates a healthy portion of the playbook, not the Matt Schaub version, but more than they would for a regular rookie. They must really like this kid. Hoping for the best today and to be eating a lot of crow by the end of the day!

Our QB TJ Yates
Who art in Houston,
Hallowed be thy arm,
Thy game will come,
It will be won,
In Reliant Stadium as it is in Texas.
Give us this Sunday
Our weekly win,
And give us many touchdown passes.
But do not let others pass against us;
Lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from injuries.
For thine is the MVP, the best of the AFC,
and the Glory of the HOUSTON TEXANS,
Amen!..

wife: Honey, if you lose 20 lbs. I'll dance for you.
husband: if you lose 20 lbs. I'll watch.

Yates, go shred the 26th ranked pass D. Make 'em pay on blitzes.
D, do what you've been doing, wreak havoc.
Get a W! Go Texans!

Good info. Sounds like Yates has the playbook down, the necessary skills, is cool as a cucumber, and confidence, but him being able to read the defense will be key too.

:fans:

I was just thinking-if we lose how will we handle it? It's been 6 weeks since our last loss...that being said we can win!!

Go TEXANS!!

Our QB TJ Yates
Who art in Houston,
Hallowed be thy arm,
Thy game will come,
It will be won,
In Reliant Stadium as it is in Texas.
Give us this Sunday
Our weekly win,
And give us many touchdown passes.
But do not let others pass against us;
Lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from injuries.
For thine is the MVP, the best of the AFC,
and the Glory of the HOUSTON TEXANS,
Amen!..

Rep from a Catholic!

A couple friends and I are going to Texans Grille for the game. If any of y'all wanna go feel free to join us. Just send me a pm for my # so you know where were at.

Independent of how they use Yates today, the Texans running game needs to get back on track. Last week our running game looked absolutely anemic. So many attribute this to the Jags stacking the box. But the Jags seldom put 8 or 9 in the box.......and the run game still bogged down. Why? Foster didn't look good at all, not to mention the fumbles. The OL wasn't clicking. And Kubiak, for some inexplicable reason, limited the only RB (Tate) that looked half way decent to 5 carries.

Independent of how they use Yates today, the Texans running game needs to get back on track. Last week our running game looked absolutely anemic. So many attribute this to the Jags stacking the box. But the Jags seldom put 8 or 9 in the box.......and the run game still bogged down. Why? Foster didn't look good at all, not to mention the fumbles. The OL wasn't clicking. And Kubiak, for some inexplicable reason, limited the only RB (Tate) that looked half way decent to 5 carries.

Vickers.

He's out again today.

Come on over....:cool:

I would if I could; I don't have a car. Nor do I have anything to match with, seeing as how I was just terminated from my job for something I didn't do. Right after I got this awesome bubbler for my birthday. :vincepalm:

No big though, there's plenty of Yates-flavored koolaid to keep me chipper. lol

Just now on the Fox pregame show, they showed a short clip of Foster last week. He was swinging the ball like a loaf of bread........way away from his body as he was running. Kubiak and Dennison better correct this or we'll be seeing more fumbles against good run Ds.

Did anyone catch the Fox pregame segment on the Texans and Yates? It had Andre, Foster, Winston, and Kubiak talking about TJ. Very cool piece

If we win today it will be 3 straight wins with 3 different QB's starting each game. That has got to be a NFL first.

The NFL network reported a few minutes ago that AJ now has a different injury but didn't say what it was. Anyone know anything about that?

Back