Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

At 67 Houston takes?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Let's see if anyone gets it right. I figured it was not long now and saw CBS doing a pick by pick.

Who is our first pick?

CBS has:

Quinn Meinerz OL
NFL DRAFT • JR • 6'3" / 320 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Houston
PROSPECT RNK
87th
POSITION RNK
18th
Offensive line reinforcement is never a bad idea, especially for a team like the Texans

badboy

Hall of Fame
Round two flying by and should be some good players to select from. Caserio what you gonna do when it's time to..

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The thread title sounds like it's poking fun at the Texans taking 67 times to do anything right. So far the data does point in that direction.

GanadoUHCoog

Waterboy
Texans move. Reduces leverage to trade Watson or if we keep Watson drafts a backup QB when we have many many other issues. Don’t get it. SMH

nut

Veteran
It must be the New England way, get used to it. Obrien would have done the same thing.

nut

Veteran
(109 next pick...)

O'Brien would of traded Watson for a box of Gordon's frozen fish sticks.

They invested in a qb when tt is a band aid and Watson may get a criminal sentence. I'm down. Had to be done.
We already got a band aid. That was a horrible pick.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
(109 next pick...)

O'Brien would of traded Watson for a box of Gordon's frozen fish sticks.

They invested in a qb when tt is a band aid and Watson may get a criminal sentence. I'm down. Had to be done.
Sounds about right.
Let's see if he trades up now while there is still plenty of talent left on the board.

nut

Veteran
Who'd you want? You don't think we have a need at qb?

I'm sorry. I probably wrote that to fast.

Who's our qb? Isn't that kinda crucial?
I can't see him being better than Tyrod Taylor after 11 starts over 2 yrs in college. We can get someone better next year. All we have is a handful of guys we like and a boatload of free agents that were available to anybody. Just my opinion. I am really sick of the Texans stinking.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I can't see him being better than Tyrod Taylor after 11 starts over 2 yrs in college. We can get someone better next year. All we have is a handful of guys we like and a boatload of free agents that were available to anybody. Just my opinion. I am really sick of the Texans stinking.

-We currently have an overpaid guy (potential sex maniac) who might get jail time and best case scenario gets an 8 game suspension. And he doesn't want to play for us.

-Taylor who I like will likely be injured by game 8 because that's what he does.

-Finley? Probably won't be in the league next year.

Wtf do you expect them to do with the most important position on the team?

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
But.... we are so good at stinking... its an H-Town tradition.

I feel the same though thats why I have ZERO expectations other than a curiosity to see IF there is any reason to hope for the future once they have actual assets to work with.

Low expectations make a move like this come off as "meh".... I hope he comes in and puts in the work and does great things...

But the near future is gonna suck anyway..... doesnt matter what position they filld at 67

nut

Veteran
-We currently have an overpaid guy (potential sex maniac) who might get jail time and best case scenario gets an 8 game suspension. And he doesn't want to play for us.

-Taylor who I like will likely be injured by game 8 because that's what he does.

Do you really think that guy can kick butt in the NFL? We can get a good QB next year since we will be drafting way before the 67th spot and pick up a guy that can help us now instead. Why is that incorrect?

powda

We can get a good QB next year since we will be drafting way before the 67th spot and pick up a guy that can help us now instead. Why is that incorrect?
Who does your magic 8 ball say that is? Your qb next year will have 1 less year learning in this offense. We need the insurance. It was a hard pragmatic move by NC and I like it.

Number19

Hall of Fame

What is it about Finley you, and others, don't like? He's only going into his third year. His first year, he did lose 3 games he started on a 2-14 Bengles team and last year won the only game he started against a highly favored Steelers team. It's too soon to close the book on him.

He very well may not be a starter, but teams need a backup. Right now as things stand with the selection of Mills, Taylor may be the short terme r, with Finley being the backup to Mills.

powda

What is it about Finley you, and others, don't like? He's only going into his third year. His first year, he did lose 3 games he started on a 2-14 Bengles team and last year won the only game he started against a highly favored Steelers team. It's too soon to close the book on him.

He very well may not be a starter, but teams need a backup. Right now as things stand with the selection of Mills, Taylor may be the short terme r, with Finley being the backup to Mills.

If this franchise is counting on Finley we're f*ed.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I’m coming around to the picking of Mills. I just wish Caserio had a crystal ball that gave him an early premonition of the Mills pick.......if so, he could’ve saved the investment made to sign Finley and just re-signed McCarron on the cheap for another couple of seasons.

If another Zach Wilson surfaces in the 2021 CFB season.....and you can bet your bottom dollar that one or two CFB QB’s will b/c the media will make it happen.....then the Texans should be in an enviable position to take another Franchise QB1 in the 2022 NFL Draft. If this were to happen, Mills and McCarron compete for the QB2 spot while the other becomes the QB3.

Hopefully, Mills nails his audition and shows the coaches that he has the ability to make the NFL move. The good thing, he need only to accomplish this during practice for 2021 before getting his real opportunities in 2022.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Just not a lot a tape on this guy. Yeah, save the neither does Trey Lance, at least he had a 30/1 TD/INT ratio. Mills is 18/8. And yeah, there’s the competition level, but I’m not sitting here saying Lance will be great either.

Mills had 1 game last year (of the 5 he played) where he had more than 1 TD pass in a game. And he threw 3 picks in that same game.

Not saying it can’t happen, but there’s not a lot of 3rd round QBs that become something in this league. Brissett, Wilson, Foles, Schaub, and that’s about it since the Texans inception.

I really feel like they should have done something different there. Don’t ask me what, I’m not a draft geek. Just not impressed with what little there is to see of this guy. But now that it’s done, can only hope it works out.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG

Read his scouting reports. He should have played another year in school. And his arm is not great, which is ok if you're able to read a D well...he isn't really good at it.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Mills is a 2nd rate QB?
Mills is boom or bust as all picks are. He has an amazingly high ceiling IF he can bring it together. Don't bash me but he could be a Brady-ish type player with a stronger arm. He has the tools. But, as has been said he could fall flat. He has great talent and size with a 7 or 8 on a 10 scale for arm strength. However, watch film and see how he can get very rattled in a dirty pocket at times. Almost like he was hit by Lawrence Taylor, JJ and Reggie White at the same time. It's that bad at times. His feet are not bad so he is going to have to be coached to use his perf. vision. That way he is alert but not looking down. If he can solve this issue then he can be a steal no question. He was the top HS QB coming out. So he has gifts.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Mills is boom or bust as all picks are. He has an amazingly high ceiling IF he can bring it together. Don't bash me but he could be a Brady-ish type player with a stronger arm. He has the tools. But, as has been said he could fall flat. He has great talent and size with a 7 or 8 on a 10 scale for arm strength. However, watch film and see how he can get very rattled in a dirty pocket at times. Almost like he was hit by Lawrence Taylor, JJ and Reggie White at the same time. It's that bad at times. His feet are not bad so he is going to have to be coached to use his perf. vision. That way he is alert but not looking down. If he can solve this issue then he can be a steal no question. He was the top HS QB coming out. So he has gifts.
He’s going to get a year or two with the Texans coaches to get him ready. If Taylor and Finley can hold the fort down.....then Mills will have the time to develop.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I meant round. Damn phone.