Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Asking for help...To keep pictures coming...

BullPenPhotos

As some of you may have seen in the other thread, my camera died the other day at training camp. The shutter motor failed so it is really now just a couple pound paperweight. :cry2:

From doing some looking this camera has an average life of the shutter motor of 40-50,000 pictures, since our site has over 45,000 pictures, I am guessing this camera has taken over 60-70,000 pictures, so I guess I should be happy it lasted this long. :shocked I should also be happy it died when it did...During training camp rather then our Monday night game...

Don't worry, I am going to be getting a replacement so our site will continue to exist and keep providing pictures for you. :photos:

We have never wanted to have our site be a pay site but with having an unexpected ~$1000 outlay right before the season, I have added a donation page to our site that will hopefully help offset some of this cost.

Click here to donate...

Anything that you can give would be great...Thanks...

Last edited:
Popped a few $, hope it helps.

Thanks again for the awesome work you do for all of us fans, I hope others are willing to give a hand too to secure all of those fantastic pictures you provide! :)

Just to let everyone know what I have already offered to the people that have donated...

To thank people for this I am planning on providing anyone who donates at least $10 will get a CD at the end of the season with a selection of pictures from this up coming season of many of the great pictures that I hope to get. Once you donate and provide me a mailing address I will send you a CD with 50-100 of my better pictures from this season. These pictures will be the full sized pictures without the watermark that is on the website.

As part of this, if there are any pictures this season that you want to see on the CD let me know during the season and I will make sure that they make it on the CD or are sent directly to you.

Again thanks for helping me out with this...

Since I am already going to be sending one of these CDs to Denmark...Don't think you are too far away to have me send you one.

Just to let everyone know what I have already offered to the people that have donated...

Since I am already going to be sending one of these CDs to Denmark...Don't think you are too far away to have me send you one.

Does that CD include our improbable playoff run as well as the b ig game?

:fans:

Just an update...
New camera has been ordered...Should be here hopefully by Friday...

12.1 Mega Pixels compared to the last one being 6.1, the pictures on the site will go up in size some, but they will still be smaller then the originals since we only have a limited amount of bandwith.

But for the people who like seeing the following of action shots...The new camera will take 4.5 pictures per second. So I don't expect to miss the action...But don't complain if I miss something...Because I am sure I am going to miss something someone wanted to see...

:photos:

Just an update...
New camera has been ordered...Should be here hopefully by Friday...

12.1 Mega Pixels compared to the last one being 6.1, the pictures on the site will go up in size some, but they will still be smaller then the originals since we only have a limited amount of bandwith.

But for the people who like seeing the following of action shots...The new camera will take 4.5 pictures per second. So I don't expect to miss the action...But don't complain if I miss something...Because I am sure I am going to miss something someone wanted to see...

:photos:

Wow, Very cool. Can't wait to see the product.

:whoohoo:
The new camera is here... :photos:
I still need to figure out what the image size will be on the site, but just to give you an idea of what the differences are...Here is a full sized image with my old camera...
Old Camera
New camera...
New Camera
Make sure the image is full sized when you look at them if your browser resizes them.

I still need to figure out what the image size will be on the site, but just to give you an idea of what the differences are...Here is a full sized image with my old camera...
Old Camera
New camera...
New Camera
Make sure the image is full sized when you look at them if your browser resizes them.

Great quality!

Old Camera
New camera...
New Camera

There's apparently something wrong with the new one. There isn't any football stuff in the picture. ...go back to the old one.
:D

Asking for help...To keep pictures coming...

OK. Just sent ya 20 bucks. Like I told the yahoos at this website, this is coming out of my beer money, so you better appreciate it. LOL

Just kidding. Keep those pictures coming, we all appreciate your work. :)

I must have missed this thread or something. I am for sure sending some dough your way. There are several memories that you have captured for us in the other endzone. On my iPhone now and will paypal tomorrow.

Dude - special request time... Toro has jumped up with us 3... Count em 3 times! There are no photos of it. Please look out for it this season.

beautiful , just beautiful

not sure who or when this was taken

Andre-Johnson-Harry-How.jpg

can someone resize this so it fits on one page or please or email me on how to do it?

In the big-ass version of the picture, one can read the 'Hungry' tattoo in AJ's right arm. Hungry is exactly what he is in this picture, and thanks for posting it! :)

Well post it already; the rest of us might want to know too
:D

Well, it was like rilly hard and stuff and requires Microsoft Office.

I saved the pixor down to my picture folder. Then I went to Start-> All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> Microsoft Office Tools -> Office Picture Manager. That brings up all the pictures in the My Pictures folder. I selected the picture of Andre. I selected Tools -> Resize. And then select 800-600 (iirc) as the new dimensions and saved it to a new file name so I didn't kill the original which would have made me sad.

Voila!

(Actually, I think you can do almost the same thing using Microsoft Paint.)

Thanks for the tip
+1 for helping your Microsoft-challenged MB-mates
:)

:)

The real trick is keeping the aspect ratio the same. I used one of the standard sizes but I considered using a % resize. In Microsoft Paint, you have to give both horizontal and vertical percentages.

Back