Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Around the NFL Week 2

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Am I the only one watching the game tonight? Bucs @ Panthers.

So far most interesting thing to me is that Bruce Arians is not calling plays.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What games y'all looking forward to?

Colts @ Titans look good. Saints Rams should be good.

How about that Monday night game?

austins23

Hall of Fame
What games y'all looking forward to?

Colts @ Titans look good. Saints Rams should be good.

How about that Monday night game?
Too bad Darnold isn't going to be playing. I'm kind of hoping the Jets win. See how fast the Browns circle the toilet at 0-2.
That Colts / Titans game will be a good one.

I'll watch a little bit of the Seattle / Pittsburg game. Curious to see if the Steelers are bad or just crapped the bed Sunday night.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Division game Cowboys and Redskins.
Lots of division games this weekend. I think that's going to be a good one. Dak & Zeke are on a mission.

They're talking up Patriots @ Miami. Got me believing New England doesn't stand a chance.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Mahomes on 3rd and 20 just flicks his wrist and finds a rookie wr on a simple double move that splits defenders ... 42 yards ... td.

Making it look so easy.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
WTF??

Has the game passed me by?

Denver just found themselves in the same exact situation the Jaguars were in, scoring a TD with 30 seconds left to make it a 13-12 game, and they decide to go for 2!!! Of course they get it, but I guess I just don't understand this game any more.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
WTF??

Has the game passed me by?

Denver just found themselves in the same exact situation the Jaguars were in, scoring a TD with 30 seconds left to make it a 13-12 game, and they decide to go for 2!!! Of course they get it, but I guess I just don't understand this game any more.
What's the issue?

Honest question ... are you just dead set against going for two in that situation?

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
What's the issue?

Honest question ... are you just dead set against going for two in that situation?
Much higher percentage of failure play. The Jags tried it and instead of going to OT and taking their chances there, they're still winless. Now maybe the analytics say your chances in OT aren't very high either, I don't know. That may be where it's all passing me by.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Much higher percentage of failure play. The Jags tried it and instead of going to OT and taking their chances there, they're still winless. Now maybe the analytics say your chances in OT aren't very high either, I don't know. That may be where it's all passing me by.
I don't think it's necessarily a 'high percentage failure play'. Doesn't context matter?

Are you a team that has less to lose?

Do you feel you have an 'unstoppable' goaline offense/personel/play?

Do you feel your particular opponent is susceptible in that situation?

Pardon me if I'm digging too hard but I don't see how a play with sooo many variable can be out and out considered a likely failure just like that.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I don't think it's necessarily a 'high percentage failure play'. Doesn't context matter?

Are you a team that has less to lose?

Do you feel you have an 'unstoppable' goaline offense/personel/play?

Do you feel your particular opponent is susceptible in that situation?

Pardon me if I'm digging too hard but I don't see how a play with sooo many variable can be out and out considered a likely failure just like that.
The percentage of it succeeding is nowhere near the success rate of a kick. Using the 2 pointer to get it to a 1 game score game or you need the 2 to tie, I get. The analytics there say it's better than getting the ball back and getting another score.

In that situation though, where it's a win or lose vs your chances in OT, I don't think that's the percentage play. The Jags have the 6th round rookie in and they really haven't done anything all day, so I guess that played into it. Why Denver did it with an experienced QB and 372 yards of offense, I don't know.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
The percentage of it succeeding is nowhere near the success rate of a kick. Using the 2 pointer to get it to a 1 game score game or you need the 2 to tie, I get. The analytics there say it's better than getting the ball back and getting another score.

In that situation though, where it's a win or lose vs your chances in OT, I don't think that's the percentage play. The Jags have the 6th round rookie in and they really haven't done anything all day, so I guess that played into it. Why Denver did it with an experienced QB and 372 yards of offense, I don't know.
What do Jacksonville or Denver have to really lose as they sit in 2019?

And just to be sure, you did pretty much just tell me that I'm crazy in thinking that the context of who's playing matters, yes?

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Lots of division games this weekend. I think that's going to be a good one. Dak & Zeke are on a mission.

They're talking up Patriots @ Miami. Got me believing New England doesn't stand a chance.
Yes, it was a good game, but that heat reminded me of the Texans games back when they were doing the open roof experiment. Now if the Eagles will lose, I can be happy for at least the next week. Also nice to see Adrian Peterson break a record.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yes, it was a good game, but that heat reminded me of the Texans games back when they were doing the open roof experiment. Now if the Eagles will lose, I can be happy for at least the next week. Also nice to see Adrian Peterson break a record.
You got your wish. Turned into a heck of a game.