Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Anybody going wobbly on the decision to hire Kubiak ?

I think Kubiak tried some things that did not work out ... that happens . What will make or break him is how fast he can adapt and how accurate his tweaking is .

Its not Kubiak's fault if he does'nt have the players to execute his system . In comes Ric Smith and between he and Kubiak they need to bring in the right players with a thin margin for error .

I think Kubiak tried some things that did not work out ... that happens . What will make or break him is how fast he can adapt and how accurate his tweaking is .

Its not Kubiak's fault if he does'nt have the players to execute his system . In comes Ric Smith and between he and Kubiak they need to bring in the right players with a thin margin for error .

I agree, and I don't think this squad is as far away from good as it seems.

It would be just the reverse of some teams . First they need to get healthy ... then draft well again and its on .

What they've got is two really good young defenders and are a couple of players away from having a outstanding defense . Thats a big one because they're in most games .

I would draft Peterson ... I think he gives you another threat to score . Plus it puts butts in the seats . I'd call Atlanta ... they either have to ditch Vick or sign Schaub . I think Vick and Peterson in the same backfield would give the Colts a heart attack .

It would be just the reverse of some teams . First they need to get healthy ... then draft well again and its on .

What they've got is two really good young defenders and are a couple of players away from having a outstanding defense . Thats a big one because they're in most games .

I would draft Peterson ... I think he gives you another threat to score . Plus it puts butts in the seats . I'd call Atlanta ... they either have to ditch Vick or sign Schaub . I think Vick and Peterson in the same backfield would give the Colts a heart attack .

Now I disagree.

I'd like to have Peterson, but there is no guarantee he will be available when the Texans pick. Lots of teams would like to have Peterson.

I think "Ron Mexico" is the most overrated quarterback in the league. Well, Ben Rberger may have him beat.

Not to take anything away from Elway, but, um, Denver won 2 Superbowls and Big John didn't get over the hump until some cat named Terrell Davis came along and tore up the league. That said, I acknowledege your point that the Broncos were a hell of a force largely because of Elway: 3 Superbowl appearances before finally winning 2 (under a new coach and with a run-game).

Those post-Elway numbers can be misleading. The post-Elway era is also the post-TD era. Davis never over came injuries that began to consume him during the 1998 season. The Broncos have been trying to replace both TD and Elway since. I'm not surprised of the Broncos struggles given the talent they bled after 1998.
Looks like someone corrected my mistake. Elway went to 5 Super Bowls. You have to win at least 2 playoff games to get to each Super Bowl so he has to have at least 12 playoff victories. The Broncos still have one playoff victory since he retired in 1998. I'm sure that post Elway number isn't misleading.

Kubiak has made two major decisions since his arrival. Both have blown up in his face. That doesnt make me very optimistic for the future and for any type of extended tenure but you can't fire someone after just one year irregardless of how much of a complete disaster it has been.

How do you feel Kubiak fares against the other first year coaches? At this point I think Payton and Mangini are doing better, and I don't think McCarthy in Green Bay, Marinelli in Detroit, Art Shell in Oakland have fared any better than Kubiak. Am I forgetting any of the other first year coaches?

How do you feel Kubiak fares against the other first year coaches? At this point I think Payton and Mangini are doing better, and I don't think McCarthy in Green Bay, Marinelli in Detroit, Art Shell in Oakland have fared any better than Kubiak. Am I forgetting any of the other first year coaches?

Payton and Mangini were given teams with talent superior to the Texans.

Art Shell is not a first year coach.

Payton and Mangini were given teams with talent superior to the Texans.

Art Shell is not a first year coach.

haha says who. The Saints were the 3rd worst team in league, the Jets 4th worst team in league. In the offseason, we supposedly had this 'great draft'...well then how do they have superior talent.

Saints lost their Pro Bowl center Bentley. Saints lost their DE Howard who made the ProBowl. Jets lost their Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law. Who the hell did we lose? How in the hell do you figure they have superior talent? They have superior QBs but not according to the homers on this board. They just want it more and are committed to making it happen. They aint worried about hurting peoples feelings or admitting that they made a mistake with the 1st overall pick of the franchise. They dont try and spin everything and go PR crazy like our franchise. WE ARE AN EMBARASSMENT. And its not due only to talent. It has to do with a culture of losing and sub-mediocrity that has permeated this franchise since Day One....but keep making excuses and claiming everyone else is so much better than us and that we dont have the talent. You are playing right into McIgnorant's hands.

The Saints and Jets are winning because they werent afraid to make big moves

p.s. BattleRedBull...love the avatar. I think that win against Oakland is gonna cost us a chance to draft that stud....doh

I think what's hurt Kubiak most is his arrogance/confidence in himself.....he thought that he didn't need any significant upgrades to his offense, and he believed he could make David Carr a great Quarterback

Every post i've seen you make refers back to, carr sucks, I think we get it

haha says who. The Saints were the 3rd worst team in league, the Jets 4th worst team in league. In the offseason, we supposedly had this 'great draft'...well then how do they have superior talent.

Saints lost their Pro Bowl center. Saints lost their DE Howard who made the ProBowl. Jets lost their Pro Bowl cornerback. Who did we lose? How in the hell do you figure they have superior talent? They have superior QBs but not according to the homers on this board. They just want it more and are committed to making it happen. They aint worried about hurting peoples feelings or admitting that they made a mistake with the 1st overall pick of the franchise. They dont try and spin everything and go PR crazy like our franchise. WE ARE AN EMBARASSMENT. And its not due only to talent. It has to do with a culture of losing and sub-mediocrity that has permeated this franchise since Day One....but keep making excuses and claiming everyone else is so much better than us and that we dont have the talent. You are playing right into McIgnorant's hands.

I agree that Drew Brees is a much better QB, Pennington.........no I don't think so, the Jets had a Houston meltdown this past weekend against the Bills. This happens with Pennington every couple of weeks,what he lacks is consistency. Now, if he could complete 69.4% of his passes. LOL:homer:

Saints lost their Pro Bowl center. Saints lost their DE Howard who made the ProBowl. Jets lost their Pro Bowl cornerback. Who did we lose? How in the hell do you figure they have superior talent? They have superior QBs but not according to the homers on this board. They just want it more and are committed to making it happen. They aint worried about hurting peoples feelings or admitting that they made a mistake with the 1st overall pick of the franchise. They dont try and spin everything and go PR crazy like our franchise. WE ARE AN EMBARASSMENT. And its not due only to talent. It has to do with a culture of losing and sub-mediocrity that has permeated this franchise since Day One....but keep making excuses and claiming everyone else is so much better than us and that we dont have the talent. You are playing right into McNair's hands.

Saints lost their Pro Bowl center Bentley. Saints lost their DE Howard who made the ProBowl. Jets lost their Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law. Who the hell did we lose? How in the hell do you figure they have superior talent? They have superior QBs but not according to the homers on this board. They just want it more and are committed to making it happen. They aint worried about hurting peoples feelings or admitting that they made a mistake with the 1st overall pick of the franchise. They dont try and spin everything and go PR crazy like our franchise. WE ARE AN EMBARASSMENT. And its not due only to talent. It has to do with a culture of losing and sub-mediocrity that has permeated this franchise since Day One....but keep making excuses and claiming everyone else is so much better than us and that we dont have the talent. You are playing right into McIgnorant's hands.

The Saints and Jets are winning because they werent afraid to make big moves

p.s. BattleRedBull...love the avatar. I think that win against Oakland is gonna cost us a chance to draft that stud....doh

When I look at your post from the avatar down to the signature, I see a lot of hate and frustration.

I feel your pain, but it does me no good to express it the way you do.

The Saints were 8-8 in 04 and 3-13 in 05 because Tag, that SOB, put them on the road 13 out of 16 weeks. They had talent but Katrina and Tag bounced them off a concrete wall.

I actually think that excuse is a VALID excuse....great counterpoint...but eventually we have to stop searching for excuses and start searching for solutions

I agree that Drew Brees is a much better QB, Pennington.........no I don't think so, the Jets had a Houston meltdown this past weekend against the Bills. This happens with Pennington every couple of weeks,what he lacks is consistency. Now, if he could complete 69.4% of his passes. LOL:homer:

Pennington is better than David. I stand by that statement. Is he great? No and he has had injury problems and that is something that David hasnt had for the most part. But he does possess a good arm, nice touch, and is an extremely intelligent QB. He has lacked some consistency but I think the upside and intangibles are why they didn't go for Leinart at #4. They could be wrong but the jury is still out on that, whereas the Texans have already been tried, convicted, and sentenced for their offseason gaffe....fair or not fair, the verdict was read out loud and clear last Sunday in Reliant Stadium.

Hey dont try and put words into my mouth that I think the Jets are a great team, that is my point. They arent a great team but they have found a way to get some wins this year and have less talent (as a whole) imho than we do. I wonder why? It might be sad, but when you are attempting to find teams to compare the last 2 years of Texans football to, dont be surprised when you find yourself talking about Raiders, Cardinals, and Jets.

GO TEXANS IN 07!!

Pennington is better than David. I stand by that statement. Is he great? No and he has had injury problems and that is something that David hasnt had for the most part. But he does possess a good arm, nice touch, and is an extremely intelligent QB. He has lacked some consistency but I think the upside and intangibles are why they didn't go for Leinart at #4. They could be wrong but the jury is still out on that, whereas the Texans have already been tried, convicted, and sentenced for their offseason gaffe....fair or not fair, the verdict was read out loud and clear last Sunday in Reliant Stadium.

Hey dont try and put words into my mouth that I think the Jets are a great team, that is my point. They arent a great team but they have found a way to get some wins this year and have less talent (as a whole) imho than we do. I wonder why? It might be sad, but when you are attempting to find teams to compare the last 2 years of Texans football to, dont be surprised when you find yourself talking about Raiders, Cardinals, and Jets.

GO TEXANS IN 07!!

SH,

The first part of your response was well worded and calm, second part you were a little excited(thats to be expected).

I was'nt trying to put words in your mouth at all, I couldn't find any reference that might lead you to believe so. You do bring up the issue of team though, without bringing the QB into the equation the Raiders and Jets have superior D's. The Cardinals defense has played like ours this year, flashes of excellence with more consistency. I have no beef with you I know where you stand as far as QB's concerned and wouldn't begin to think I could/should change your mind. I think when we play the Brown's it will be a great gauge for the team, because the two teams are very similar in makeup. Both have QB problems,running game problems,1 good WR and 1 aging WR, good TE and fairly fuctional defense. That game will show where we stand as a team.

The dude's a monster. He's the franchise LT that we need. We could move Spencer to RT and Winston to Guard. It'd be a helluva start toward a dominant OL. He kills DBs when they blitz.

I guess Marshawn "PacMan" Lynch would be my 2nd choice. He'd be a good target for the dinks and dunks.

Shows where my head is now....back to the topic.

Ha, maybe some team should hire Carr for their scouting department. He can throw the short routes for the receivers they are scouting in their private workouts.

The Jet's drafted D'Brick to keep Chad safe, the Texans drafted on the other side of the ball.
The Saints have been up & down for a while now ( decade ), mostly thanks to Brooks, but he's Oakland's problem now, and the new system is tailored every week to players Peyton has, and the opponent, which sounds nothing like our coaching mentallity.
Long live " Next Year" so far it's the only good looking year.

Looks like someone corrected my mistake. Elway went to 5 Super Bowls. You have to win at least 2 playoff games to get to each Super Bowl so he has to have at least 12 playoff victories. The Broncos still have one playoff victory since he retired in 1998. I'm sure that post Elway number isn't misleading.
Still no Terrell Davis after 1998, the last season he could play through the injuries. Attributing post 1998 all to losing Elway is too simple. It is hard to win a playoff game after losing both your top QB and top RB. Denver has been rebuilding ever since.

What I find misleading is the idea that Denver's struggles have been because they lost Elway period. I think it is because they lost both a hall of fame QB AND a hall of fame quality running back who had led the league in rushing for 3 straight seasons. Maybe that makes no difference to you, but it does to me. I'm not belittling Elway but I am trying to give TD his props, too. Elway was incredible and carried that team for quite a while (just as it looks like VY will be doing with the Titans for the next xx years). I expected Denver to struggle to win in the playoffs when he retired but thought they could continue riding TD with Brian Griese at QB and get better as Griese got better. But it looks like all the wheels came off that bus in like 1 season. Despite the running back by committee approach, there was no replacing what TD brought to that team, just like they couldn't replace what Elway brought to the team.

Regardless of his passing on Bush and VY, I like the overall draft. As a result of our selections, we added:

1. A MLB that is likely the DROY
2. A DE that will man the left side of the line for the next decade
3. A TE that actually gives the Texans a receiving threat at the position for the first time since Billy Miller left. Additionally, Daniels isn't the liability at blocking that Miller was.
4. A true #2 receiver (the 5th we gave Buffalo for Moulds)
5. Two potential starters on the O-line
6. A 6th round RB that if nothing else, has contributed in his rookie year.

The only real question mark I have is Walter, and we gave up a 7th rounder and a few too many dollars for him. This team had never had a good draft class. I don't think people realize how devoid this team was of talent at the end of last year. Looking at the guys we had at the end of last year, there are only three "keepers" that I would take with me to build a team from scratch: AJ, Dunta Robinson, and Jerome Mathis. As much as it pains me, that is where this team is.

We Kubiak came onto this scene we were a pathetic 2-14 team with really no areas of strength. Every facet of the game needed to be fixed except possibly the rushing attack, but that was when we had DD. Kubiak has built up the receiving core, improved the front seven on defense, and protected Carr from taking the same level of beating he did last year (physically that is). He has a lot of work but he has made strides.

How do you figure Walter was not worth a 7th rounder, and they did not pay him too much money for what they got. The offense was designed to let Carr air it with a 3WR set. DD was to be back, Offensive line was to get gelling, it all FELL APART. Walter is definitly a #3 on any team in the nfl and a legit #2 on many of the teams in the NFL. Without knowing the playcalling and the progression of the reads (blame Carr, because reads are a QB thing) you can only look at the production he had when his number was called, and almost EVERY catch was for a 1st DOWN!!! That is reliabliity and a clutch guy.

Besides, you think MATHIS would have been able get up after being jacked up by Williams in Dallas... He is tough, excellent hands, dedicated hard work ethic and constantly looks to see how he can improve his game and never settles!!!

Kubse knows what Kevin can do and I only hope he gets the opportunity for many of the Texan fans to see what a special WR he really is and has been passed under the radar thus far.

Wow, now the hatred has shifted to Kubiak, this is pitiful.

How a bout this, How many of you like Texans Fans. They have been pretty pathetic as well this year.

Back