Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Any of you think Pitts has a chance at reclaiming LT?

thunderkyss said:
Yeah........ Okay. you go with that.

What am I going with? Either it's the way the stat is measured or it's not. Unless you are telling me that I'm incorrect?

thunderkyss said:
Then I guess you can understand people dismissing the opinion of someone who defends Carr with the same types of arguments that the poster in question says is worthless, unless it is he that is making the argument??

It's whatever. I'll offer my reasons for believing things and anyone else can offer theirs. Most of the time I'll let an argument go if I think the other person is too inept to grasp what I am talking about. All I'm saying is judge me on how often my "predictions" come true. So far I'm batting a pretty high percentage. I'll be one point better if Wand washes out (as a starter, though I do think it's entirely possible he won't) before the end of camp. Still another if Carr shows substantial progress toward redeeming himself this year.

jerek said:
The question burning on my mind is, what in this wide world indicates to the Wand-or-bust crowd that he will or should be our LT? IIRC he gave up 12 sacks in 16 games in 2004. I know that all bets are off in regards to gauging a player's ability because Capers' staff did or didn't play them, but why the strong support for Wand playing the position?

I guess I am asking, what particularly do you guys and gals really like about him?

The answer to the bolded question has the same answer that you give if you replace Wand with Carr and LT with QB. Wand had one year of playing time, Carr has had four and not put up very good numbers. Observation of Carr's play in the last 4 years could lead to the conclusion that he shouldn't have been kept. You however think he should have been kept, as do I.

Why is coaching and scheme a better reason (note: not excuse) to think Carr will improve, but not a good reason for Wand? Coming from a small school, Wand needed good coaching more than Carr did and he didn't get it either.

As KT pointed out - it is the 4th day of camp. Is everyone not up to speed right now a failure for the year? Improvement will come in the next few weeks all across the line. He was our LT during our best year - he wasn't a part of that debacle last year - DNP CD. He should get the chance to improve, just as Carr, Babin, P-Buc and everyone else on the roster.

It isn't Wand or bust anyway - those are your words. I don't like to see him dismissed out of hand though. I think Spencer is going to be an excellent player in this league. It isn't a zero sum game - wouldn't it be cool if Wand and Spencer were both good? Is that allowable?

Runner said:
The answer to the bolded question has the same answer that you give if you replace Wand with Carr and LT with QB. Wand had one year of playing time, Carr has had four and not put up very good numbers. Observation of Carr's play in the last 4 years could lead to the conclusion that he shouldn't have been kept. You however think he should have been kept, as do I.

Why is coaching and scheme a better reason (note: not excuse) to think Carr will improve, but not a good reason for Wand? Coming from a small school, Wand needed good coaching more than Carr did and he didn't get it either.

As KT pointed out - it is the 4th day of camp. Is everyone not up to speed right now a failure for the year? Improvement will come in the next few weeks all across the line. He was our LT during our best year - he wasn't a part of that debacle last year - DNP CD. He should get the chance to improve, just as Carr, Babin, P-Buc and everyone else on the the roster.

It isn't Wand or bust anyway - those are your words. I don't like to see him dismissed out of hand though. I think Spencer is going to be an excellent player in this league. It isn't a zero sum game - wouldn't it be cool if Wand and Spencer were both good? Is that allowable?

I feel ya. My thing is that I have noticed Carr making a lot of plays, and I think he has great athleticism. My personal interaction with him -- limited as it has been -- have convinced me that he has a lot of heart and possesses the mental faculties to get the job done at the pro level. I haven't had the same level of personal interaction or observation of Wand. I've only really seen him in two days of camp to this point, which have left a very strong negative impression, however admittedly not the entire scope of Seth Wand and hopefully an exception rather than the rule. For pete's sake, I was reporting on what I had observed in detail in camp, and then later adding to that a very general impression I've held of him over time.

Totally agree that we are early into camp (I've said it myself previously) and almost nothing is set in stone yet. And yes, I would love nothing more than to see Wand and Spencer as two legitimate LTs that are duking it out for PT going into the preseason. As I say, I desire that anyone who puts on a Texans uniform succeed, in my book. There is plenty of time yet; for the last time, I've only reported on what I've observed to this point.

(A) He is tall and not particularly strong/heavy. In watching his drills he had very poor leverage; he was initiating contact at a high center of gravity and not getting low enough to compensate for the defender. He is relatively mobile for a T, but all of that is moot if he is getting bullrushed on every play.

He's 6'7" and 327 pounds (listed somewhere so of course our mileage may vary) while Tony Boselli was 6'7" and 322. I don't think his size is a problem. I do understand that he lacked strength when he came here because he had apparently attended a school with no weight program to speak of. He is however starting his fourth year with Dan Riley working on him and I think that it's safe to say that if Seth was understrength at this point he wouldn't be out there.

(B) I don't know what his weightroom measurables are, but he looked outmatched strengthwise as well. These are obviously correctable with coaching and physical training, to a certain extent, but IMO it is (c) more mental for Wand than anything else, at this point. Again take that FWIW to you.

I am of a mind that if Wand is getting pushed around out there it's mental and not physical and so I tend to agree with you on that. He needed to start at LT last season. If he had we might not have an answer at LT but we'd at least know that it wasn't Seth Wand. As things stand right now I'm 100% behind whoever the coaches decide needs to be at the LT spot and right now I'm happy to see Wand still in the mix. I don't think he was given a fair shot at the job myself. Projected as a 3 year project they started him in his second season and then punished him for not being ready by sitting him back down instead of developing him.

That right there is my biggest problem with the previous coaching staff. Did they "develop" anyone? Did one single player get better while they worked with him? I honestly can't name a single guy who got coached up while he was here. Maybe Petey Faggins but that's one guy. Who's to say he wasn't going to keep progressing because he's the kind of guy who works hard and keeps pushing?

Wow, this thread is a bit heated.
First I will comment on Wand's good aspects.
1. He is athletic and has good footwork
2. He is prototype size
3. He is smart
4. He is eager to learn the position
His bad aspects
1. Does not get good leverage (not enough sand in his lower body for those who know what that means)
2. His punch and overall strength is only average
3. Gets down on himself quickly
4. Lets his stance be broken by moves
5. his hand placement gets sketchy at times
6. He seems to not have lost confidence from his stint with the old regime.

I am not a Wand fan, but I know that he is trying to get better. Would I start him? Hell No. Would he play though yes. I think he provides good depth, but Sherman believes in the kid and that is good enough for me. The one thing about Wand that I do admire is he is trying to become better, when he does not get down on himself and gets after it he can be quite effective. Right now his main problem is his mental state with mistakes and technique flaws. It is hard for me to say because I figured he would be gone after OTAs the way he was going, but the kid is fighting, so I will eat crow on that one. Can he hold of Spencer that remains to be seen and if he does not as Sherman said "Get your head out of your ass and make the play you know you can make!!" He will not.

P.S. He Spencer ran with the first team for a good bit of today's practices.

Hervoyel said:
That right there is my biggest problem with the previous coaching staff. Did they "develop" anyone? Did one single player get better while they worked with him? I honestly can't name a single guy who got coached up while he was here. Maybe Petey Faggins but that's one guy. Who's to say he wasn't going to keep progressing because he's the kind of guy who works hard and keeps pushing?

Please. I'm trying to forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel

The RBs and the CBs did progress and get coached up pretty well in the old regime. Past that though not really. Our old LB coach was terrible and dont get me started on Pendry.

Coach C. said:
but Sherman believes in the kid and that is good enough for me.

If anyone cares to entertain any more of my "speculation," I would say this is very true; evidenced by the fact that Sherman and Kubiak continue to get into him at practice. Coach said it in another thread and it's very true; the coaching staff only bothers with players they see potential in. Judging by the amount of yelling they are doing, they still want and very much believe in Wand.

Then again, what the hell do I know? :)

thunderkyss said:
Yeah........ Okay. you go with that.

Don't know what you are going with other than a blind desire to see some things/players consistantly negatively and others consistantly positively. Sacks numbers are determined by review of film and assignment of responsibility in as little as one quarter sack increments. They are only maintained on OLmen and it is clear the reviewers do not attempt to assign all sacks as the responsibility of the OL as the numbers for an OL together will not add up to the total for the team--the difference is the sacks assigned to the TE's, RB's and QB's.

I'm hoping Wand pans out. I trust Jerick's thoughts. If I ruffled any feathers I appologise. I saw him getting waxed Friday also. Just not ready to give up on anyone at this time. Well maybe one. But I've banned myself from posting it again. I think Wand has a chance. If he makes it, it makes us better. We don't HAVE to start a rookie on opening day. I'm just saying lets give the guy some reps is all. If Sherman gives up on him, guess that settles it.

Runner said:

Wow......... someone gets it...........

Coach C. said:
The RBs and the CBs did progress and get coached up pretty well in the old regime. Past that though not really. Our old LB coach was terrible and dont get me started on Pendry.

I just don't believe that. Our first cornerbacks were Aaron Glenn and Marcus Coleman and those two could have stepped in and started with no coaching staff in place. Then we drafted Dunta Robinson who had a great rookie season and a less than great second year. Buchanon didn't get any better coming here to my knowledge either. That really leaves Faggins and one guy doesn't make a trend.

As for the RB's I think Domanick was going to be good no matter where he went. Wells is out of football at the moment and he was basically the same runner the entire time he was here. Sure he looked better running behind the better line and he definitely improved his attitude once he grew up a little. Morency they only had one year with so I'm hoping they had little to no effect on him.

I think they old staff accomplished little to nothing where player development was concerned. I think those players who did get better almost did so in spite of the coaches. Just my opinion though.

Herv I see what you are saying, but to contend. Aaron Glenn spoke volumes about Hoke and how he showed him things that he had not thought about. Dunta was a rookie and without coaching he would not have been as good as he was or is now. Buchanon eventhouhg was horrid last year, was better than he was better technique wise than he was with the Raiders.

Domanick was a 4throunder that likely on most teams would not seen the light of day other than special teams and needed the coaching to understand how to hit the hole. Got to agree on Wells, really cant argue fact, and Morency showed gradual improvement over the year.

Did they accomplish alot no, did Harris and Hoke accomplish more than our others, yes. I see though you are saying it is not neccessarily better to be the prettiest pig in the muck. A little Texas reference I got from someone in East Texas.

I think Salaam or Spencer get the nod before we go with Pitts at LT.

I would like to see Spencer at guard and Pitts at LT just to see what we got. However I think that was the mentality of the previous staff.

xtruroyaltyx said:
Most of communication is non-verbal...however you are correct...You will never "know" what is going on in someone's head, but body language is THE best indicator of what a person is feeling or thinking, sometimes being more accurate than what a person says out of their own mouth...and thats a fact jack...:shades:I think instead of jumping down Jereks throat we should thank him for his insight...we recognize that these are HIS observations and how Wands demeanor struck him...
If what I understand from some of the posts on MB about Wand is correct, the "body language" that sticks out to me the most would be as I think AJ said on another thread "knocked on his a_ _" by the DE. If this is happening regularly, Carr may be starting to get that "here we go again feeling." Maybe we could use 4 OTs at once? I think Carr should petition NFL to allow a special waver allowing 15 Offensive players until we have a solid LT.:hides:

Didn't we already go over this sort of observational study during OTAs when it was pointed out that one player was standing one way, so it was obvious they were a much better player, and Babin was a loser for not standing properly?

oso said:
Didn't we already go over this sort of observational study during OTAs when it was pointed out that one player was standing one way, so it was obvious they were a much better player, and Babin was a loser for not standing properly?

Stand down Oso, you are talking loco. :)

oso said:

Don't remember it, and in any event, it wasn't me any one was questioning. I addressed what was directed toward/at me and that's that.

oso said:

You better put a smiley on that.

I think it was a still picture where Babin had the opposite knee on the ground from the rest of the d-lineman during a break. Final conclusion: not a team player. :)

My goodness...why are we attacking the people who are posting notes about practice?!?!?!? C'mon man...we're talking about prac-tice....not the game...Practice....

But on a serious note...Jerek please don't let some peoples comments stop you from posting YOUR interpretation of whats happening out there...

xtruroyaltyx said:
My goodness...why are we attacking the people who are posting notes about practice?!?!?!? C'mon man...we're talking about prac-tice....not the game...Practice....

But on a serious note...Jerek please don't let some peoples comments stop you from posting YOUR interpretation of whats happening out there...

I think I'm going to have to attack you for that ;)

Now we're attacking people for encouraging other people to continue to report what they see in practice and for pointing out that we're attacking them for posting it!

I'll attack anyone who attacks me for this attack!

Signed- "The Attacker"

Hervoyel said:

Now we're attacking people for encouraging other people to continue to report what they see in practice and for pointing out that we're attacking them for posting it!

Signed- "The Attacker"
:shoot:

I am thinking that the coaching staff has seen something about Wand that makes them think he has the ability to do the job at LT. I think they are going to need a few more days at least to see if he has the desire to do the job. If he gets pulled from LT before they have a chance to work with him and know for sure if he is the best man for the spot, I think we are shooting ourselves in the foot. (I wonder how many bullet holes the old coaching staff has in their shoes.)

Hervoyel said:

Signed- "The Attacker"

There are attacks in this thread???????

I don't care for Tacks myself. Ravens and Tacks have just about the ugliest logos and unis in the league.

Signed,
Emily Litella

Early on in this thread someone referred to a radio interview with Pitts. In that interview he was asked about moving to guard and the new players brought in. He had glowing things to say about Flanagan, how he was a leader and fighter.

Also in that interview they asked him about Wand. Pitts answered around the subject. Implying that Wand did not seem to have the fire, and the desire to be a LT in the league.

Pitts change in the way he handled the two question was very obvious, his praise for Flanagan was real. That really made his handling of the Wand question that much more obvious, he (Pitts) does not feel that Wand has what it takes to be an NFL starter at LT, and these guys have to believe in each other. The play of the line demands it.

On another subject, didn't most teams bring in new lineman and start them as guards to learn the NFL game. After they had the game down, then they were moved out to tackles. Has this changed?

I agree I would like to see someone beat Pitts out for LT, I would like to see Spencer start at guard and work his way up to LT. Same with Winston on the other side. Is this so wrong?

painekiller said:
EThat really made his handling of the Wand question that much more obvious, he (Pitts) does not feel that Wand has what it takes to be an NFL starter at LT, and these guys have to believe in each other.

Or Pitts simply feels he is a better LT and as that is the premier OL spot wants to be there instead. The problem with that scenario is Pitts makes a better OG than Wand does, possibly by a much wider margin than Pitts is better than Wand at LT. Time will tell if Wand has what it takes.

On another subject, didn't most teams bring in new lineman and start them as guards to learn the NFL game. After they had the game down, then they were moved out to tackles. Has this changed?

A lot of teams start future LT's at RT for a while like Jordan Gross in Carolina (who is now back at RT) and Robert Gallery in Oakland.

jerek said:
All I'm saying is judge me on how often my "predictions" come true. So far I'm batting a pretty high percentage.
seems debatabe enough :ok: donno, but you were kinda off on your Carr is gonna have a great year thing last year weren't you?

phan1 said:
Cause right now, I'm hard pressed to believe that he couldn't beat out Wand or Spencer at that position. And the last time I checked, LT is a more important position. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he been the best LT that we have had throughout our short history? I mean C'mon! I don't see why he keeps getting pushed down to guard. If Spencer and Wand keep getting demolished, shouldn't we start considering Pitts at LT? I think Spencer would be a good LG as people have been saying he's a huge mauler. He was projected as a guard coming into the draft anyway right? It never looked like he was primarily a pass-blocker to begin with.

I know it's too early to hit the panic button, but I think this should be a serious consideration as training camp goes on.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I think the staff really likes Pitts as a LG and think he can excel there, and they don't want to keep switching player's positions around like Capers/Pendry did last year, so I think he'll stay. We meed tp start developing some consistency and chemistry on the OLine, and switching positions around won't help that. Wand has indeed looked pretty poor so far but I think Spencer will be ready to start at some point this year and will take over. I personally think Pitts was a solid LT and would be a career solid LT, nothing special, but good. I think he could be exceptional as a RT or an OG, which is why I think they have moved him back inside to OG. He is also built more like an OG than an OT. In a traditional scheme Spencer would have been more of a mauling OG, but our blocking scheme doesn't fit the huge maulers, it features more athletic OGs that can get out and move, which Spencer can do as well. Spencer has lost a lot of weight since the draft (nowhere near 352 anymore) but still has room to lose a little more and definitely needs some technique work, but he is getting there.

Marcus said:
Do I take it from the premise of this thread that Seth Wand is not holding up his end in TC?

And if that's the case, doesn't that validate what last year's coaching staff did in demoting him?

To you TC observers, what exactly is Wand's problem? Is he just getting overmatched physically? . . . Is he just too slow laterally . . . or is he not just mentally cut out for it?

He is terribly overmatched thusfar. He is getting beat on speed, he's being overpowered in pass protection, and he's being neutralized and even dominated in run blocking. He's jumped to false starts more than anyone else on the OLine, and he's easily been the weak link on the starting OLine thusfar. He has also been consistently dominated in 1 on 1 drills, Mario has taken him to school, and Peek and Babin are dominating him too, and usually by just bull rushing him, which shouldn't be a strength of Babin and Peek. They aren't even having to use their superior athleticism to get around him. Wand is physically pretty athletic, he just doesn't use it well, doesn't seem very strong, and does not seem tough/strong-willed.

Bullfan said:
Sounds like some of you are "seeing what you want to see", which is for Wand to fail. We are 3 days into training camp, new coaches, new play schemes and Wand finally has coaches who want to teach him and work with him. Give him a chance -- he will surprise you. There is no way he does not want to be a good left tackle, he just hasn't been given the training that Chester has. It was reported that Chester has spent some time on the bench too from making mistakes, give this line of men a chance.

Wand has been getting dominated, I wish we could get ahold of tapes from the practice to show to everyone that still thinks he's playing well. He has clearly been the worst among the 1st team OLinemen, and I'd say Spencer and Winston are right there with him despite making a decent amount of rookie mistakes, and even Fred Weary has looked better thusfar. To this point Wand has looked pretty bad and has also received more yelling/criticism from the coaching staff, which shows that they care enough to point him in the right direction, but he really has a long way to go if he's going to be our starter this year.

oso said:
How fired up is the rest of the line? I'm not trying to denounce a post. I'm just curious because I haven't been able to go to the camps. Are they pumped up? Are they jumping up and down after every play? From what I have seen in the pics and what I have heard on the boards (which is all I have to go on), I can't make a decision as to the player's emotional state.

So I'm going to wait for the coaches to do their job. As I've said before, Mario, Demeco, Moulds, and Flanagan are nothing compared to the changes in the front three - Kubiak, Sherman, and Smith. This will be the big change this year, whoever is running the ball.

Along these lines, how is the offensive coaching staff looking? I have heard little of Benton (O-line coach) and Calhoun (OC). Is Sherman working with the line, or has it been relegated to Benton? Would either give the line the Pendry stamp of approval (berating, yelling, etc.). Just curious. Thanks.

The defense has definitely been fired up after every play, the offense not so much. Sherman has spent a ton of time with the OLine, and they are definitely working hard to improve them individually, and I suspect they will look a lot better as they play together and the rest of our scheme is implemented and we see the full array of formations/plays/protection schemes.

Kaiser Toro said:
I do not like the fact that people are having a consistent take on what they are seeing from Wand. And I am alarmed. However, as some are implying here how do Kubiak/Sherman measure Wand? And is he below or above the expectation by Day 4 of training camp? That is what really counts here.

We have spoken about certain players having a year or a half season to show results. I would say that Wand most likely has to the end of training camp. I hope the staff knows what makes this guy tick by now.

How is Hodgdon looking?

Hodgdon hasn't looked real good either in 1 on 1s. Weaver, Robaire, Payne, and obviously Mario have been tossing him around with ease. He really needs to gain some strength to stand up to the DTs in this league. He has fairly solid techniques and fundamentals, just can't hang with our defensive talent as of this point.

Vinny said:
seems debatabe enough :ok: donno, but you were kinda off on your Carr is gonna have a great year thing last year weren't you?

Who wrote this?

I see a pretty substantial year coming up.

3800-4000 yards 18-20 TD's and 11-15 INT's

Are you really gonna bust him on that? :rolleyes:

Having a little hope for your QB never hurt anyone.

I didn't comment on my stuff, but then again, I wasn't bragging either. I have a good track record and good eye for the game year-in, year-out, unless you want to imply otherwise....but then again you bust my chops every year. So I'm used to it.

Hervoyel said:

Signed- "The Attacker"

You are so worng that I won't even bother to respond to your so-called points.

Besides the point on the top of your head.

And, yes, I spelled wrong incorrectly in an attempt to underline the extent of your wrongness.

To everyone else who is not so wrong as "The Attacker", please, everyone, keep posting any thoughts you have regarding the practices. I, for one, am soaking up every word.

Vinny said:
I didn't comment on my stuff, but then again, I wasn't bragging either. I have a good track record and good eye for the game year-in, year-out, unless you want to imply otherwise....but then again you bust my chops every year. So I'm used to it.

Ok. No joking around with you. If you want a good laugh I suggest digging up my predictions.

In any event I don't think anyone can fault you, or anyone else, for having a little faith in Carr before kickoff last year.

All in good fun, but I guess that doesn't translate well over the net.

Appreciate all the banter, but how do some of the potential back-ups look? Salaam, Bedell, Loverne,Hodgdon et all. Obviously starters are key but these other guys are imperative.

The Pencil Neck said:
You are so worng that I won't even bother to respond to your so-called points.

Besides the point on the top of your head.

And, yes, I spelled wrong incorrectly in an attempt to underline the extent of your wrongness.

To everyone else who is not so wrong as "The Attacker", please, everyone, keep posting any thoughts you have regarding the practices. I, for one, am soaking up every word.

Ah, the Laughing Gnome and Sponge Bob Square Pants bundled up into one neat package.

phan1 said:
Cause right now, I'm hard pressed to believe that he couldn't beat out Wand or Spencer at that position. And the last time I checked, LT is a more important position. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he been the best LT that we have had throughout our short history? I mean C'mon! I don't see why he keeps getting pushed down to guard. If Spencer and Wand keep getting demolished, shouldn't we start considering Pitts at LT? I think Spencer would be a good LG as people have been saying he's a huge mauler. He was projected as a guard coming into the draft anyway right? It never looked like he was primarily a pass-blocker to begin with.

I know it's too early to hit the panic button, but I think this should be a serious consideration as training camp goes on.

LT is the most important postion in a drop-back passing pocket offense. The reason for it is because the guy often has to work on his "own island", without much help from a guard or TE, to protect the QB's backside. This is also where a defense will put it's speed rusher ( Freeney, Peppers, etc ). The defense will overload the leftside to get the speed rusher one on one with the LT.

It is not as important in a double TE set or an offense that uses a QB that is moving around. One, he has help in the formation ( TE ). Two, he is going to see what is coming if he is booting naked. Three, he is going to moving away from the speed rusher if he is booting strong ( or rightside ).

That said.

The ZBS line is supposed to take a lot of time to gel between the same players blocking in zones ( as units, in concert ) and not man up ( single or pairs ). Looking at it from that point of view, you should be expecting to see the weakest players on the ends and not starters not shifting around that much.

The trendy thing right now is to attack the trendy Cover 2 with two TEs, see Cowboys. If our offense was going to be more drop-back based then I would expect to see the stronger player Pitts moved out to tackle.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen a lot of talk about cutback blocking yet. Supposedly one of the Pendry hotbutton issues with the enlightened fans.
--

And while on the topic of fans... everyone has their favourite Rudy underdog. Wand is certainly in that category.

Just an FYI Twin Sisters Peppers does not line up on the LT, but on the RT. Mike Rucker lines up on the LT. You could go with Simien Rice or another guy, but the uniqueness of Peppers, White, and Strahan(part of his career) is that they accumulate sacks and stats from lining up on the strong side.

Most of our Double TE sets one of the TE does not even chip block, but comes accross on a drag or dig route. Not sure if what you are trying to say with cutback blocking, because they are getting to the second level and opening cutback lanes, they are not cut blocking which we will do to get guys on the ground in the second level, because well you want to spare your own guys.

Coach C. said:
Just an FYI Twin Sisters Peppers does not line up on the LT, but on the RT. Mike Rucker lines up on the LT. You could go with Simien Rice or another guy, but the uniqueness of Peppers, White, and Strahan(part of his career) is that they accumulate sacks and stats from lining up on the strong side.

Most of our Double TE sets one of the TE does not even chip block, but comes accross on a drag or dig route. Not sure if what you are trying to say with cutback blocking, because they are getting to the second level and opening cutback lanes, they are not cut blocking which we will do to get guys on the ground in the second level, because well you want to spare your own guys.

yeah I was just thinking of a speed guy match up against the lone ranger T. The idea of having a strong left tackle is centered around those high dollar fellas like Ogden, Pace, Jones. I don't think that's what we are trying to get out of Wand and what Palmer was trying to get from Boselli, Wade, Pitts, and Wand. ( and whoever else we were thinking of throwing into that slot )

That's what I thought phan1 was worried about. Like this guy Wand is not looking like a Pace/Jones kinda person. I don't think he really has to play up to that level, if the QB is going to be moving around and the tackle has some help. Making him not as important.

HOWEVER if we are planning on using him without help... then phan1, I share your concerns.
---

The cut blocking! Not cutback. Wrong words used. Pendry would not use cut blocking in his ZBS and was criticised for it. I don't think Sherman taught it either. I think it was Football Outsiders that broke a story on it.
---

right on with the Peppers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FMd_RLuZKU
( with batman music! too )

White was a different animal all together in my book. It just seemed like he had so much "bull" in him, that it didn't matter how fast he was.

Back