Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Andrew Luck retiring?

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
Well if it’s true it’ll make it easier for Coach butt chin to win another division. Which sucks because that seems to be the benchmark for keeping this bum as HC.

Regarding Luck, feel bad for him since he seems like a decent guy and he’s a Houstonian so sorry to see it end this way for him. I doubt he’ll have trouble adjusting to life after football.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Bananas.

Seems like a bright guy who likes competing and is clearly good enough to do so with the best but maybe doesn't absolutely love the game enough to endure all the b*llsh*t and injuries and the attention/scrutiny versus what other interests he may have.

My goodness if the Colts end up with Tua or Trevor Lawrence..

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
I heard he’s retired from the nfl so he can play in the XFL which is run by his dad.

Actually i just made that up so I’m taking credit for this stupid ass rumor.

Big Lou

Hall of Fame
Hope he is OK even if he has been a huge pain in the Texans asses for years.

Now if the Colts draft another elite QB next year I will be freaking irate!!!!

281Texan

Waterboy
Well if it’s true it’ll make it easier for Coach butt chin to win another division. Which sucks because that seems to be the benchmark for keeping this bum as HC.

Regarding Luck, feel bad for him since he seems like a decent guy and he’s a Houstonian so sorry to see it end this way for him. I doubt he’ll have trouble adjusting to life after football.
This is actually spot on. Him retiring hurts the colts more than us. The colts have jacoby brissett. He’s not a bad quarterback. There’s no way you could convince me that he’s worse than Dak Prescott. They’ll still be competitive, but they won’t have that X factor at QB.

It hurts us worse because it just opens a door for butt chin to waltz himself into another 9-7 win and a division title and another extension. Of course we’ll lose in the wild card, but hey, we made the playoffs. Our best and only hope is we get pummeled early and often in the season and Bill gets canned. Let Romeo crennel finish out the year then go hire Eric bienemy and a rock solid GM with 0 ties to the New England organization.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Never.

That ship has sailed and sunk.
The “watch” will still happen. It won’t be long before someone starts calling the Colts racist for not bringing in Kap, which will be ironic considering the guy replacing Luck right now is Brissett who is 100% African American and better than Kap.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Sorry I didnt put imo.

IMO he doesn't really want to play or he at least doesnt want to jeopardize his movement in order to play.

Otherwise he wouldn't have opted out of his contract or post statuses like that. Imo.
You could be right it that is nothing but a marketing ploy.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Despite the fact that they could have recouped $24.8 million from their former quarterback, the Indianapolis Colts have reached a financial settlement with Andrew Luck and will not take back any of the money they are owed, league sources told ESPN.

The Colts essentially are telling Luck to keep it all, even though it is within their rights to reclaim the money.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27460243/sources-colts-recoup-money-luck
There's a classy and magnanimous act by the Indy organization.

edo783

Hall of Fame
Despite the fact that they could have recouped $24.8 million from their former quarterback, the Indianapolis Colts have reached a financial settlement with Andrew Luck and will not take back any of the money they are owed, league sources told ESPN.

The Colts essentially are telling Luck to keep it all, even though it is within their rights to reclaim the money.
Irsay was on pills and booze when he said it!! LOL

HouTx11

Rookie
A Dan Orlovsky led Colts team beat a playoff bound Texans team in 2011. Jacoby Brissett filling in for Tom Brady who was suspended led the Patriots to a shutout over the Texans a few years back. Jacoby Brissett may be the starter for the Colts when the Texans play them. If the Texans haven't found a way to resolve their O-line, Secondary and Clowney issues, not to mention dealing with injuries, the Texans may have real trouble pulling off the win against the horse shoes.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Jacoby Brissett is 3-0 against the Texans. 2 of those wins came in a 4-12 season for the Colts, BUT, the Texans were 4-12 as well, with Savage and Yates at QB.

toronto

Hall of Fame

Was a hell of a lot classier than the way he's been treated by their fans.