Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Andre's playing time this saturday?

Andre_Johnson88

Practice Squad
How long can we expect AJ to play this saturday?Would like to see him play a lot so I can see how much he has improved his catching abilities!Also, will people like sloan thomas get some playing time this saturday?

Sloan will probably see more time on the field than AJ. The starters will be in there for one or two series max. We have a ton of receivers in camp and guys named Taylor, Thomas, Lewis, Starling, Thurman, and Albert Johnson will all get a lot of work

It has been reported that AJ has caught 100+ balls from a throwing maching 3 times a week throughout the off-season. From the open training camps so far I can't remember any drops. AJ will probably play about as much as Carr will--1 to 2 series. After that, plan on seeing everyone from Armstrong down for the remainder of the game.

Yeah...no need to risk injury on a guy that you've already seen and know what he can do. If he has improved, which he probably has, then they have already seen it in practice.

The exceptions after the first quarter may be Robinson, Babin, and Wand. I wouldn't be surprised to see these three guys get at least a half's worth of work if not more--particularly in the case of Wand, as he is backed up by an experienced veteran in Spears.

Lazarus said:
I agree, Wand will probably get extra work. Also, I ouldn't be surprised to see Lekkerkerker get a lot of work at both tackle positions. He played RT at college but I suspect he'll be worked as a backup for both spots this year.

I think Garrick Jones will probably get the majority of backup reps at left tackle because the coaching staff will have to decide whether to keep 9 or 10 linemen. Jones is the 10th.

1.LT Wand
2.LG Pitts
3.C McKinney
4.RG Weigert
5.RT Wade
6.backup Spears
7.backup Brown
8.backup Weary
9.backup Washington

Lekkerkerker is destined for the practice squad.

Back