Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All encompassing Bill O'Brien thread

lol.....all you did here is pull a bunch of names from the roster, and type them on here. Sorry, but that does not make this a list of talented players, just because you include a bunch of names and say they are talented. All this list proves is what a delusional homer you are.

Open you eyes, put down the kool aid, and watch these guys play on the field, for Christ's sake. 50% of the names you listed, quite frankly......aren't good players. You are 4-16 in your last 20 regular season games.....you have a coaching problem, as well as a player problem.

Just out of curiosity, why are you here? Which team are you a fan of? 21/2 years and you've never made a positive comment about any team. Did you come in with the Chicago meatheads or was it the Oakland delusionals? Just asking

lol.....all you did here is pull a bunch of names from the roster, and type them on here. Sorry, but that does not make this a list of talented players, just because you include a bunch of names and say they are talented. All this list proves is what a delusional homer you are.

Open you eyes, put down the kool aid, and watch these guys play on the field, for Christ's sake. 50% of the names you listed, quite frankly......aren't good players. You are 4-16 in your last 20 regular season games.....you have a coaching problem, as well as a player problem.

Those players have or have had insane talent. Talent doesn't necessarily mean they've "realized" that talent. They haven't been improved upon or utilized properly or capitalized on. All those players have immense talent that is not realized because of this coaching staff, training staff, or both.

And homer? I hate this team more than anyone and my posts prove it.

Patriots fixing to be 1-2 with the greatest coach of all-time going against a rookie head coach. It's not always about the coach

edit: They are... and that's also with the GOAT QB

8 trips to the SB JB. B
Haha are you seriously bringing this up. Yes as far as the Texans are concerned, it's mainly coaching.

8 trips to the SB JB. B
Haha are you seriously bringing this up. Yes as far as the Texans are concerned, it's mainly coaching.

What does this have to do with what I posted? I didn't say anything good about the Texans coaching. Just pointing out that even greats can have rough stretches. Wins and losses are not always on coaches.

But baller74 don't you get it, OBrien and Belichick both lost to rookie coaches today.
So why would anyone be critical of OB, I mean, what's the difference, right.

And CT, maybe you don't get it. Perhaps talent and game plan and luck have something to do with it. Did you notice that the Colts took the defending Champs to the limit today?

What does this have to do with what I posted? I didn't say anything good about the Texans coaching. Just pointing out that even greats can have rough stretches. Wins and losses are not always on coaches.

That is true. But it's mainly coaching when it comes to the Bill Obrien and the Texans.

Because in this thread that's exactly what we're talking about, what a joke OBrien is. So to compare him in any fashion to Belichick is, well, I'll be nice... funny.
And Coaching "is" one of the Texans biggest problems. It's not like OB hasn't been here long enough to put his stamp on things. The stupid mistakes he has made have been well chronicled.

And CT, maybe you don't get it. Perhaps talent and game plan and luck have something to do with it. Did you notice that the Colts took the defending Champs to the limit today?
I sure did and that's the Texans next biggest problem after OBrien. All of a sudden it doesn't look like the AFC South is the trash division that allowed OB to look like a real coach when he took the Texans job.

Because in this thread that's exactly what we're talking about, what a joke OBrien is. So to compare him in any fashion to Belichick is, well, I'll be nice... funny.
And Coaching "is" one of the Texans biggest problems. It's not like OB hasn't been here long enough to put his stamp on things. The stupid mistakes he has made have been well chronicled.

What's funny to me is we still don't have a true identity. I'm still trying to figure out what type of offensive scheme he's trying to employ. Why are we running Miller up the middle on almost every freaking first down.

And that's my point... some of you are wanting to dump every little thing on OB, even stupid little sh!t like holding or off-sides, taunting when not in uniform, missed FG's etc. My point is there is enough to blame OB for legitimately without having to throw every little displeasing thing on him. Lot's of other shoulders need to carry that load

And that's my point... some of you are wanting to dump every little thing on OB, even stupid little sh!t like holding or off-sides, taunting when not in uniform, missed FG's etc. My point is there is enough to blame OB for legitimately without having to throw every little displeasing thing on him. Lot's of other shoulders need to carry that load
JB that's because the Texans as an organization have to hit rock bottom before there is any hope of change. McNair will be fine with a bad coach as long as he is not horrible so for those of us who want change there is a tendency to point everything out, hoping for that change. And of course there are many who will defend OBrien under any circumstances. But I will point out that the stupid move on the sideline and off-sides, false starts etc... have something to do with coaching... would you not agree that better coached teams do not seem to have as many of these problems?

JB that's because the Texans as an organization have to hit rock bottom before there is any hope of change. McNair will be fine with a bad coach as long as he is not horrible so for those of us who want change there is a tendency to point everything out, hoping for that change. And of course there are many who will defend OBrien under any circumstances. But I will point out that the stupid move on the sideline and off-sides, false starts etc... have something to do with coaching... would you not agree that better coached teams do not seem to have as many of these problems?

Hey don't forget about the lethargic slow starts.

Hey don't forget about the lethargic slow starts.
You know, I hear people say they are pros and it should be up to them to be ready to play. While I agree with that to a point, there is no doubt some coaches get their team ready to play better than others. This year the slow starts have been terrible and I think OBrien deserves his share of the blame.

Sure I agree that team discipline comes mainly from the coaching staff. It must also come from team leaders and peer pressure. But no matter how much we would all like to change to bring in a better product, we will never agree on just how to do it. And our squabbling on this MB that the powers that are never read isn't going to change anything. It's just mental masturbation.

Sure I agree that team discipline comes mainly from the coaching staff. It must also come from team leaders and peer pressure. But no matter how much we would all like to change to bring in a better product, we will never agree on just how to do it. And our squabbling on this MB that the powers that are never read isn't going to change anything. It's just mental masturbation.
Well JB I made it clear I thought we should have gotten rid of OB when Smith left and made a clean start. Since you say we disagree on how to bring the needed change, please tell me what changes you would have made that you think would have had a bigger chance of turning this around than a new coach?

What I see is very similar to what has happened up in Seattle. Pete Carroll comes in with this Ra-Ra college level motivational speaking and gets the club turned in the right direction. However, he doesn't adjust to the growth on his team. He continues with the same motivational stories that the veterans have heard since day one and they decide to jump ship cuz Pete can't\won't change. At least they made a few trips to the SB and got a ring! We had BO'b come in and pull out 9-7 for three years and a couple of playoffs. But once he got to the end of his "playbook" and started recycling the same b.s. he lost the locker room. This "I don't know" answer from the coaching staff and the players tells me that the players don't believe the B.S any more than the fans.

My question is, How long before Cal McNair cuts bait? I don't hold any illusion that Bob McNair is running this franchise anymore. Last time I saw him at a game he looked like his health was in serious decline. It's time to move on from this HC and get someone else in here who actually has an offensive scheme and is willing to delegate responsibilities.

Back