Thanks for your support!

All encompassing Bill O'Brien thread

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That's hilarious coming from you!!
What do people expect from BOB?

Points in an all star game. Lol

I mean the man did avg 35 points per game with Watson in there. Behind a subpar OL. Let's get Watson back, fix the OL and then make a decision on BOB in a couple of years after the mess Ricky made is cleaned up.

I'm just glad McNair agrees with me.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
What do people expect from BOB?

Points in an all star game. Lol

I mean the man did avg 35 points per game with Watson in there. Behind a subpar OL. Let's get Watson back, fix the OL and then make a decision on BOB in a couple of years after the mess Ricky made is cleaned up.

I'm just glad McNair agrees with me.
It's hilarious because of the vitriol from you over the years about RS and BM. I say a very strong case can be made that Watson made OB look great, not the other way around. I am onboard with keeping OB, as I strongly dislike upheavals at HC, but let's not label him an offensive guru just yet.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
It's hilarious because of the vitriol from you over the years about RS and BM. I say a very strong case can be made that Watson made OB look great, not the other way around. I am onboard with keeping OB, as I strongly dislike upheavals at HC, but let's not label him an offensive guru just yet.
some of you guys have seen waterboy too many times in that you must literally think BoB was this guy the whole time DW4 was playing.

All DW4 did was acknowledge that he learned alot from BoB and that he wasn't this stooge that you guys think he was; which in essence means that hey this guy probably can coach a little bit. Likewise, just b/c DW4 said that doesn't automatically mean the opposite either. He was never considered an offensive guru by anyone before or after his hire & I've literally only ever heard people reference BoB as that on this forum.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
some of you guys have seen waterboy too many times in that you must literally think BoB was this guy the whole time DW4 was playing.

All DW4 did was acknowledge that he learned alot from BoB and that he wasn't this stooge that you guys think he was; which in essence means that hey this guy probably can coach a little bit. Likewise, just b/c DW4 said that doesn't automatically mean the opposite either. He was never considered an offensive guru by anyone before or after his hire & I've literally only ever heard people reference BoB as that on this forum.
Meh. My thoughts on OB are well known.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Several sources have been guilty of perpetuating the "guru" tag for O'Brien:

O'Brien is a quarterback guru of sorts, and this draft is brimming with quarterback talent. Don't look at his time with New England; he was the quarterback coach and coordinator there, but he arrived after Tom Brady already was established as one of the best quarterbacks in league history. Instead, look what he did in the past two seasons at Penn State, where he turned journeyman Matt McGloin into an NFL player in one year, then helped Christian Hackenberg become the best freshman quarterback in the nation in 2013. Source - NFL.com

Although none of the top signal-callers in the 2014 NFL draft class has looked spectacular to date, one has to wonder what a reputed QB guru like O'Brien could have done with one of them if the Texans went that route. Source - Bleacher Report

And O’Brien’s stature as a quarterback guru makes Fisher redundant on a staff that could better use a high-octane young recruiter. Source - Pennlive.com

Like last season, quarterback gurus are in high demand, from Jim Caldwell in the Motor City to Ken Whisenhunt in Rocky Top. In our nation's capital, Robert Griffin III has been paired with Jay Gruden while Tom Brady's former tutor, Bill O'Brien, has been tasked with fixing Houston's quarterback mess. Source - NFL.com

Beyond O’Brien’s reputation as an offensive guru — he was a coordinator for Bill Belichick and Tom Brady in New England — there was resonance in the pitch, even if O’Brien would soon bail on it. Source - The New York Times

Fortunately for Bortles, however, new Texans coach Bill O'Brien has earned his reputation as a quarterback guru, having developed Matt McGloin and Christian Hackenberg at Penn State. Source- Bleacher Report

The Nittany Lions also have another blue-chip recruit at quarterback committed to play for head coach and quarterbacks guru Bill O'Brien next season. Source - Scranton Times-Tribune

Sure, there is a lot of “coach speak” in there and the quote is based off one performance, but players like Bortles aren't often forgotten by offensive gurus like O'Brien. Source - CBS Sports

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm not labeling BOB an offensive guru.

But with Watson his offense was avg 35 pts per game and people are thinking he would've done even better under Kubiak. He wouldn't have, because when the Texans get a lead Kubiak would've gone into full turtle mode.

edo783

Hall of Fame
I'm not labeling BOB an offensive guru.

But with Watson his offense was avg 35 pts per game and people are thinking he w

because when the Texans get a lead Kubiak would've gone into full turtle mode.
That was soooooo frustrating when he would do that.

Reactions: JB

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Bill O'Brien should be on his knees blowing Deshaun Watson every day for getting him a contract extension. Literally the only reason this loser is still around is because the guy we're pinning our entire franchise on going forward gave him his endorsement.

It's funny that Deshaun Watson thinks he's so great when Bill O'Brien didn't even have the nuts to trust him late in two of the what, seven games the guy played in this year.

But hey, whatever man. Who am I to question The Guru.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Bill O'Brien should be on his knees blowing Deshaun Watson every day for getting him a contract extension. Literally the only reason this loser is still around is because the guy we're pinning our entire franchise on going forward gave him his endorsement.

It's funny that Deshaun Watson thinks he's so great when Bill O'Brien didn't even have the nuts to trust him late in two of the what, seven games the guy played in this year.

But hey, whatever man. Who am I to question The Guru.
Great post, Donald Trump! "Bill O'Brien's a loser. He should be fired. He must be having oral sex with the star QB because that's the only way he kept his job". What's next? O'Brien colluded with the Russians?!?!

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Great post, Donald Trump! "Bill O'Brien's a loser. He should be fired. He must be having oral sex with the star QB because that's the only way he kept his job". What's next? O'Brien colluded with the Russians?!?!
I didn't say he must have been, I said he SHOULD be blowing him as a thank you for saving his ass. I understand it's late, however. Maybe you misread.

And as for your overarching commentary, Trump, O'Brien, and all Russians can and definitely should all eat syphilitic dicks as far as I'm concerned.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Several sources have been guilty of perpetuating the "guru" tag for O'Brien:

O'Brien is a quarterback guru of sorts, and this draft is brimming with quarterback talent. Don't look at his time with New England; he was the quarterback coach and coordinator there, but he arrived after Tom Brady already was established as one of the best quarterbacks in league history. Instead, look what he did in the past two seasons at Penn State, where he turned journeyman Matt McGloin into an NFL player in one year, then helped Christian Hackenberg become the best freshman quarterback in the nation in 2013. Source - NFL.com

Although none of the top signal-callers in the 2014 NFL draft class has looked spectacular to date, one has to wonder what a reputed QB guru like O'Brien could have done with one of them if the Texans went that route. Source - Bleacher Report

And O’Brien’s stature as a quarterback guru makes Fisher redundant on a staff that could better use a high-octane young recruiter. Source - Pennlive.com

Like last season, quarterback gurus are in high demand, from Jim Caldwell in the Motor City to Ken Whisenhunt in Rocky Top. In our nation's capital, Robert Griffin III has been paired with Jay Gruden while Tom Brady's former tutor, Bill O'Brien, has been tasked with fixing Houston's quarterback mess. Source - NFL.com

Beyond O’Brien’s reputation as an offensive guru — he was a coordinator for Bill Belichick and Tom Brady in New England — there was resonance in the pitch, even if O’Brien would soon bail on it. Source - The New York Times
Fortunately for Bortles, however, new Texans coach Bill O'Brien has earned his reputation as a quarterback guru, having developed Matt McGloin and Christian Hackenberg at Penn State. Source- Bleacher Report

The Nittany Lions also have another blue-chip recruit at quarterback committed to play for head coach and quarterbacks guru Bill O'Brien next season. Source - Scranton Times-Tribune

Sure, there is a lot of “coach speak” in there and the quote is based off one performance, but players like Bortles aren't often forgotten by offensive gurus like O'Brien. Source - CBS Sports
Probably why i hadn't heard or seen him called an offensive guru anywhere...i don't read that kind of tripe b/c most of these are just clickbait articles from Penn State homers and NFL parrots who only really remember and saw him from his days in NE with Brady.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Probably why i hadn't heard or seen him called an offensive guru anywhere...i don't read that kind of tripe b/c most of these are just clickbait articles from Penn State homers and NFL parrots who only really remember and saw him from his days in NE with Brady.
The only sport I pay any attention to is the NFL, so I tend to read/watch more stuff about the league than maybe I should. I remember when they hired O'Brien and he was being called a QB and/or offensive 'guru'.

I, like most Texans fans, knew nothing about the man, so our heads were filled with all this rhetoric. My point was that Texans fans that mention it are not really at fault when the sports media created the narrative, and they still try to perpetuate it to this day. I have seen him recently called a 'guru' on NFL Network many times, especially when Watson was lighting it up for five games.

I have never understood why he was ever called this and what evidence the media/press uses to support it. But, maybe it's just an echo chamber and most of those talking heads just regurgitate instead of actually providing objective critical thinking.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Thank goodness Bob showed Deshaun how to scramble for his life and find the open man downfield on the run. Also, for the practice sessions over field vision and where to spot the crease in the defense and run 50 yards to the house. Film room on slippery hips in a congested pocket also paid off immensly. Come to think of it, Deshaun Watson probably doesnt succeed if it isnt for Bill "Buttchin" O'Brien. LOL :kitten:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Come to think of it, Deshaun Watson probably doesnt succeed if it isnt for Bill "Buttchin" O'Brien. LOL :kitten:
As long as Watson (and others) are supporting him and playing hard for him, then I'll be ok with supporting him. Not like it makes any difference what we think. We all know that at no point will 100% be happy. Doesn't matter Brian

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The only sport I pay any attention to is the NFL, so I tend to read/watch more stuff about the league than maybe I should. I remember when they hired O'Brien and he was being called a QB and/or offensive 'guru'.

I, like most Texans fans, knew nothing about the man, so our heads were filled with all this rhetoric. My point was that Texans fans that mention it are not really at fault when the sports media created the narrative, and they still try to perpetuate it to this day. I have seen him recently called a 'guru' on NFL Network many times, especially when Watson was lighting it up for five games.

I have never understood why he was ever called this and what evidence the media/press uses to support it. But, maybe it's just an echo chamber and most of those talking heads just regurgitate instead of actually providing objective critical thinking.
Agree! Why hasn't O'Brien's guru status applied anywhere else except for his season(s) with the "Guru Maker" Tom Brady?

O'Brien: Hey Tom, I'd like to.......

Brady: Bill, let me stop you right there. Not to be rude, but why don't you just let me continue my hold on the wheel....you'll thank me later.

O'Brien: Sounds good to me....I guess.

zshawn10

All Pro
We don’t always agree on everything, but we agree a lot of the time," – #Texans O’Brien on working with Brian Gaine. Gaine said something very similar when he was at the podium.

— Adam Wexler (@awexlerKPRC) February 28, 2018

"He’s in the division, I didn’t offer him too much advice." — #Texans coach Bill O’Brien on any guidance for #TitanUp rookie HC Mike Vrabel, Houston’s former DC #NFLCombine pic.twitter.com/khpiM6ZPYJ

— Nate Davis (@ByNateDavis) February 28, 2018

O’Brien said Watson is still "ahead of schedule" in his rehab.

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) February 28, 2018

#Texans O’Brien: D’Onta Foreman might be a little bit ahead of schedule on his rehab. Achilles injury is tough but he’s working hard.

— Greg Bailey (@GregBailey13) February 28, 2018

O’Brien says John Pagano impressed him and Romeo Crennel in his interview. Pagano and Bobby King will coach linebackers. #Texans

— Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) February 28, 2018

John McClain

✔@McClain_on_NFL

Bill O’Brien wants to improve speed on defense and at skill positions. “But you have to be careful and make sure you’re not going just after speed.”

2:13 PM - Feb 28, 2018

Aaron Wilson@AaronWilson_NFL

Bill O'Brien said no decision made with C.J. Fiedorowicz who's dealing with three concussions over past season

2:36 PM - Feb 28, 2018

Last edited:

zshawn10

All Pro
1. Bill Belichick(NE): Career Record: 250-118 (.679) | Last Year’s Ranking: 1
2. Pete Carroll(SEA): Career Record: 112-79-1 (.586) | Last Year’s Ranking: 2
3. Andy Reid(KC): Career Record: 183-120-1 (.604) | Last Year’s Ranking: 3
4. Mike Tomlin(PIT): Career Record: 116-60 (.659) | Last Year’s Ranking: 4
5. Doug Pederson(PHI): Career Record: 20-12 (.625) | Last Year’s Ranking: 23
6. John Harbaugh(BAL): Career Record: 94-66 (.588) | Last Year’s Ranking: 6
7. Ron Rivera(CAR): Career Record: 64-47-1 (.576) | Last Year’s Ranking: 9
8. Mike Zimmer(MIN): Career Record: 39-25 (.609) | Last Year’s Ranking: 15
9. Sean McVay(LA): Career Record: 11-5 (.688) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
10. Mike McCarthy(GB): Career Record: 121-70-1 (.633) | Last Year’s Ranking: 6
11. Sean Payton(NO): Career Record: 105-71 (.597) | Last Year’s Ranking: 11
12. Dan Quinn(ATL): Career Record: 29-19 (.604) | Last Year’s Ranking: 13
13. Doug Marrone(JAC): Career Record: 26-24 (.520) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
14. Kyle Shanahan(SF): Career Record: 6-10 (.375) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
15. Bill O’Brien(HOU): Career Record: 31-33 (.484) | Last Year’s Ranking: 7

Bill O’Brien climbed the 9-7 ladder his first three years on the job. 9-7 No. 1 finished outside the playoffs. 9-7 No. 2 qualified but didn’t get a win. 9-7 No. 3 beat the injured Raiders in the Wild Card round before hanging with the Patriots in the Divisional. This all happened with seven different starting quarterbacks. For 2017, O’Brien got his eighth and best signal caller. Deshaun Watson took the league by storm, appearing to be O’Brien’s missing piece. After he was lost for the season with a Week 9 practice injury, the Texans won only one more game. It was an overdue wake-up call for a team seemingly always on the brink of disaster. To an unusual degree, O’Brien’s (moderate) success has depended on a soft division. That’s not a sustainable formula. The Colts and Titans are under new management. The Jaguars are a quarterback away from being one of the three-best teams in football. O’Brien’s defense, which has mostly carried his offense, has been weakened by injury and free agency. It’s paramount that O’Brien do a better job on his side of the ball. Watson could be the 2018 ticket. If not, O’Brien’s volatile tenure might end with a winter 2019 pink slip.

16. Jason Garrett(DAL): Career Record: 67-53 (.558) | Last Year’s Ranking: 12
17. Adam Gase(MIA): Career Record: 16-16 (.500) | Last Year’s Ranking: 10
18. Marvin Lewis(CIN): Career Record: 125-112-3 (.527) | Last Year’s Ranking: 14
19. Jay Gruden(WAS): Career Record: 28-35-1 (.445) | Last Year’s Ranking: 16
20. Anthony Lynn(LA): Career Record: 9-8 (.529) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
21. Sean McDermott(BUF): Career Record: 9-7 (.563) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
22. Todd Bowles(NYJ): Career Record: 22-29 (.431) | Last Year’s Ranking: 25
23. Vance Joseph(DEN): Career Record: 5-11 (.313) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
24. Dirk Koetter(TB): Career Record: 14-18 (.438) | Last Year’s Ranking: 17
25. Hue Jackson(CLE): Career Record: 9-39 (.188) | Last Year’s Ranking: 19

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/78295/57/nfls-best-coaches-2018?sf183640369=1

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
1. Bill Belichick(NE): Career Record: 250-118 (.679) | Last Year’s Ranking: 1
2. Pete Carroll(SEA): Career Record: 112-79-1 (.586) | Last Year’s Ranking: 2
3. Andy Reid(KC): Career Record: 183-120-1 (.604) | Last Year’s Ranking: 3
4. Mike Tomlin(PIT): Career Record: 116-60 (.659) | Last Year’s Ranking: 4
5. Doug Pederson(PHI): Career Record: 20-12 (.625) | Last Year’s Ranking: 23
6. John Harbaugh(BAL): Career Record: 94-66 (.588) | Last Year’s Ranking: 6
7. Ron Rivera(CAR): Career Record: 64-47-1 (.576) | Last Year’s Ranking: 9
8. Mike Zimmer(MIN): Career Record: 39-25 (.609) | Last Year’s Ranking: 15
9. Sean McVay(LA): Career Record: 11-5 (.688) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
10. Mike McCarthy(GB): Career Record: 121-70-1 (.633) | Last Year’s Ranking: 6
11. Sean Payton(NO): Career Record: 105-71 (.597) | Last Year’s Ranking: 11
12. Dan Quinn(ATL): Career Record: 29-19 (.604) | Last Year’s Ranking: 13
13. Doug Marrone(JAC): Career Record: 26-24 (.520) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
14. Kyle Shanahan(SF): Career Record: 6-10 (.375) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
15. Bill O’Brien(HOU): Career Record: 31-33 (.484) | Last Year’s Ranking: 7

Bill O’Brien climbed the 9-7 ladder his first three years on the job. 9-7 No. 1 finished outside the playoffs. 9-7 No. 2 qualified but didn’t get a win. 9-7 No. 3 beat the injured Raiders in the Wild Card round before hanging with the Patriots in the Divisional. This all happened with seven different starting quarterbacks. For 2017, O’Brien got his eighth and best signal caller. Deshaun Watson took the league by storm, appearing to be O’Brien’s missing piece. After he was lost for the season with a Week 9 practice injury, the Texans won only one more game. It was an overdue wake-up call for a team seemingly always on the brink of disaster. To an unusual degree, O’Brien’s (moderate) success has depended on a soft division. That’s not a sustainable formula. The Colts and Titans are under new management. The Jaguars are a quarterback away from being one of the three-best teams in football. O’Brien’s defense, which has mostly carried his offense, has been weakened by injury and free agency. It’s paramount that O’Brien do a better job on his side of the ball. Watson could be the 2018 ticket. If not, O’Brien’s volatile tenure might end with a winter 2019 pink slip.

16. Jason Garrett(DAL): Career Record: 67-53 (.558) | Last Year’s Ranking: 12
17. Adam Gase(MIA): Career Record: 16-16 (.500) | Last Year’s Ranking: 10
18. Marvin Lewis(CIN): Career Record: 125-112-3 (.527) | Last Year’s Ranking: 14
19. Jay Gruden(WAS): Career Record: 28-35-1 (.445) | Last Year’s Ranking: 16
20. Anthony Lynn(LA): Career Record: 9-8 (.529) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
21. Sean McDermott(BUF): Career Record: 9-7 (.563) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
22. Todd Bowles(NYJ): Career Record: 22-29 (.431) | Last Year’s Ranking: 25
23. Vance Joseph(DEN): Career Record: 5-11 (.313) | Last Year’s Ranking: — —
24. Dirk Koetter(TB): Career Record: 14-18 (.438) | Last Year’s Ranking: 17
25. Hue Jackson(CLE): Career Record: 9-39 (.188) | Last Year’s Ranking: 19

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/78295/57/nfls-best-coaches-2018?sf183640369=1
After signing a 4 year extension? I'd think it would be a winter 2020 pink slip at the earliest.

Reactions: JB

Mangler

Toro de España
Bill O’Brien climbed the 9-7 ladder his first three years on the job. 9-7 No. 1 finished outside the playoffs. 9-7 No. 2 qualified but didn’t get a win. 9-7 No. 3 beat the injured Raiders in the Wild Card round before hanging with the Patriots in the Divisional. This all happened with seven different starting quarterbacks. For 2017, O’Brien got his eighth and best signal caller. Deshaun Watson took the league by storm, appearing to be O’Brien’s missing piece. After he was lost for the season with a Week 9 practice injury, the Texans won only one more game. It was an overdue wake-up call for a team seemingly always on the brink of disaster. To an unusual degree, O’Brien’s (moderate) success has depended on a soft division. That’s not a sustainable formula. The Colts and Titans are under new management. The Jaguars are a quarterback away from being one of the three-best teams in football. O’Brien’s defense, which has mostly carried his offense, has been weakened by injury and free agency. It’s paramount that O’Brien do a better job on his side of the ball. Watson could be the 2018 ticket.

Stopped reading after that. “Beat the injured Raiders”? Really?! So, the Texans were rolling on all cylinders? We had the worst Quarterback in the league, a rookie WR with drop issues, offense had ZERO chemistry, Watt was out with severe back injury, and you have the audacity to downplay that win? Wow. Also, if it wasn’t for the two drops in the end zone (Fuller and Fiedorowicz) and Brock passing the ball to wide open defenders we would probably have beaten the Patriots in their house in a close game.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Stopped reading after that. “Beat the injured Raiders”? Really?! So, the Texans were rolling on all cylinders? We had the worst Quarterback in the league, a rookie WR with drop issues, offense had ZERO chemistry, Watt was out with severe back injury, and you have the audacity to downplay that win? Wow. Also, if it wasn’t for the two drops in the end zone (Fuller and Fiedorowicz) and Brock passing the ball to wide open defenders we would probably have beaten the Patriots in their house in a close game.
You're only an injured team if you lose your starting QB to injury. Multiple DPOY injuries don't count. :kitten:

Texansballer74

The Marine

Have you not noticed that's the trend these days. They were wrong in their predictions about the Raiders winning that game. So they have to use the injury excuse hoping it will validate their original stance. They also had the Raiders going to the Superbowl this past season.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
A) His doing

B) His draft pick

C) His offense

D) One might say his recklessness with Watt in the playoff game against KC injured him more than he already was.

....but you're right, we could have beaten the Patriots in their house in that playoff game if we had even a 20% better offense or coach. Well, we could have done that this past year too if coach trusted his "first good quarterback" to seal the game. Alas...

ColeThornton

Waterboy
I don't think you can call it rhetoric DB. If you had players coming out in the media saying slick **** or guys opening up a big can of quit on the field ala Ben McAdoo in NYG I would agree with you but that wasn't the case. The players continued to fight & back that dude. & as cliché as it is for players to back their coach publically, those guys know man. There's only so much you can do with limited talent.
So, Mr tex you still defending that contract extension for O'Brien?

"There's only so much you can do with limited talent."

LOL OB sure seems to be able to do less with it than most.

Reactions: ROO

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
The Texans have Deshaun Watson, Lamar Miller, Deandre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Nick Martin, JJ Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, Whitney Mercilus, Bernardrick McKinney, Zach Cunningham, Jonathan Joseph, Tyraan Mathieu, Kareem Jackson and (at times) Kevin Johnson but yeah, talent is the ******* problem.

ColeThornton

Waterboy
The Texans have Deshaun Watson, Lamar Miller, Deandre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Nick Martin, JJ Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, Whitney Mercilus, Bernardrick McKinney, Zach Cunningham, Jonathan Joseph, Tyraan Mathieu, Kareem Jackson and (at times) Kevin Johnson but yeah, talent is the ******* problem.
Our main talent problem is at head coach. I still can't believe they gave this guy an extension instead of making him prove himself this year.

Max

Veteran
The sad thing is that we don't really know what we have w/ Watson because of BOB's incompetent O. He didn't look good again today but it's impossible to say what he would look like right now having a real OC. All I know is that the common denominator in trying to figure out our players and our O is Bill O'Brien. Time for a new common denominator.

ColeThornton

Waterboy
Bingo, and Bob's the same guy that just gave OB the "new" 5 year deal and let him help bring in a buddy for GM. How did that work out the last time McNair let his coach bring in a buddy for GM. Like I said days ago, I had great confidence he would screw up again. But guess what. Next year when they go no further than they ever have, they'll be patting themselves on the back, along with tex of course, if they have more than 4 wins. This year was to reset the bar super low so we can start this pathetic cycle all over again.
And it's coming folks, get ready for trash time, just like today's last drive. With that 4 year extension it isn't going to take much for us to all see this again next year.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
FRAUD

Way over his head and why o why did he took the OC job again? He needs to coach the WHOLE ENTIRE TEAM, not brood over Watson.

Why this team is so messed up in so many aspects.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
DW4= Talented but still learning
Lamar Miller = I been saying he was Garbo
Nuk= great
Fuller= Been saying he was good despite the brigade here shitting on him
Martin = average
JJ Watt= got a few more years left
Clowney= Great...when he wants to play and isn’t hurt
Mercy= mediocre
McKinney = mediocre..could’ve been great in the league before it became a 7 on 7 track meet
Cunningham..never liked this pick and he’s terrible in coverage...even though he’s supposed to be our coverage LB
Joseph..old, barely hanging on
Matthieu = good
KJ= very good now that he’s in a position that best utilizes his skill set
Kevin Johnson= bust

Some talent..not as much as we all thought though...

ColeThornton

Waterboy
DW4= Talented but still learning
Lamar Miller = I been saying he was Garbo
Nuk= great
Fuller= Been saying he was good despite the brigade here shitting on him
Martin = average
JJ Watt= got a few more years left
Clowney= Great...when he wants to play and isn’t hurt
Mercy= mediocre
McKinney = mediocre..could’ve been great in the league before it became a 7 on 7 track meet
Cunningham..never liked this pick and he’s terrible in coverage...even though he’s supposed to be our coverage LB
Joseph..old, barely hanging on
Matthieu = good
KJ= very good now that he’s in a position that best utilizes his skill set
Kevin Johnson= bust

Some talent..not as much as we all thought though...

Enough talent to not be 0-3 with better coaching. The 0-1 Titans with a rookie coach used us to turn things around and so did the 0-2 Giants with a rookie coach in our building. This thing is starting to come unraveled and OB has no one to blame but himself.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Enough talent to not be 0-3 with better coaching. The 0-1 Titans with a rookie coach used us to turn things around and so did the 0-2 Giants with a rookie coach in our building. This thing is starting to come unraveled and OB has no one to blame but himself.
Patriots fixing to be 1-2 with the greatest coach of all-time going against a rookie head coach. It's not always about the coach

edit: They are... and that's also with the GOAT QB

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Coaching can only put u in position to make plays.....players gotta go out there and make them.

I still see too many missed tackles when we have the opponent stopped short of the 1st..Cunningham at least 3 times missed a tackle and let a guy get lose for that extra 1-2 yards they needed for the 1st.

I still see us committing too many TO’s that put us behind the chains - we had 3 inside the opponents 30 today

I still see too many penalties that put Ilya behind the chains and kill drives - Davenport BY HIMSELF essentially ended 2 drives with untimely penalties

These are all things largely within the players’ control and have virtually nothing to do with coaching. Get the play/call and execute...period.

ColeThornton

Waterboy
Patriots fixing to be 1-2 with the greatest coach of all-time going against a rookie head coach. It's not always about the coach

edit: They are... and that's also with the GOAT QB
And that will make the Texan's opponents 1-5 this year not counting their wins against us... OB is 8-24 against teams that finished the season with a winning record and so far this season he can't even take out the trash.

KarlK

Waterboy
lol.....all you did here is pull a bunch of names from the roster, and type them on here. Sorry, but that does not make this a list of talented players, just because you include a bunch of names and say they are talented. All this list proves is what a delusional homer you are.

Open you eyes, put down the kool aid, and watch these guys play on the field, for Christ's sake. 50% of the names you listed, quite frankly......aren't good players. You are 4-16 in your last 20 regular season games.....you have a coaching problem, as well as a player problem.