Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

AJs 20Million $$ Mistake?

... we are 0-6 in division and circling the drain by Week 8 as usual. But in his infinite wisdom, McNair re-signed Kubiak. After all, we went 9-7. That is the pinnacle of Texans football...something to be reallllll proud of. /sarcasm off.

Let me share something I learned today.

The Colts have won 12 or more games every year since the 2003 season. That's 7 years straight. Unheard of.

In those 7 years, they are 13-1 against the Texans, 11-3 against Tennessee, & 10-4 against Jacksonville. In 2008, the Titans went 13-3 to win the division. 2 years before that (I think) it was the Jags threatening to steal the division.

I'm not boo-hooing, I'm not whining... I'm just saying. 9 years ago pop warner was the **** in Houston. They took a nothing franchise, and threw us in the toughest division in football. Arguably. The only problem I had with Capers, was that he didn't have the Gnads to buck McNair/Casserly, and kept letting himself be put behind the 8 ball. Bottom line, we weren't even threading water the first 4 years.

Like I said, Kubiak/Smith definitely gaffed on some no brainers... why in the hell didn't we bring Michael Turner in here (totally irrelevant that he & Slaton's 2009 are vaguely similar). Why didn't we get Mawae in 2006? Why can't we find a decent DT, when Tennessee & New York Giants are finding them like nothing.

But I'm just saying.

Too many questions on the team
and there were opportunities to address some of them via FA
sharper,Taylor,bodden,faneca,LT,jones,and yes even Dunta
we took a run at bodden but couldn't close

they needed help and a backup Guard from the Chiefs just doesn't cut it

All good points... all arguable... but still...

Honestly, I don't see any one person on that list that would make me feel a whole lot better about the team had we signed them.

If we had signed LT in the off-season would that make you feel better about our run game than you do now?

I dunno, but personally those guys seem to just be really good to decent role players at this point and not guys who would make a tremendous difference for us.

Honestly, I don't see any one person on that list that would make me feel a whole lot better about the team had we signed them.

If we had signed LT in the off-season would that make you feel better about our run game than you do now?

I dunno, but personally those guys seem to just be really good to decent role players at this point and not guys who would make a tremendous difference for us.

We should really take this discussion to another thread. But in short, They are all winners, and I can understand wanting more winners on this team.

Wth are you going to find to ***** about after the Texans make the playoffs?

We should really take this discussion to another thread. But in short, They are all winners, and I can understand wanting more winners on this team.

They're all over the hill and Bodden never wanted to sign here...he was looking for a contract that he could take back to the Pats. Also Leigh Bodden in any other FA class wouldn't be nearly as highly touted.

I'd love to hear what you discovered while scouting Wade Smith... what are his strengths, weaknesses, etc... Clearly, you've seen a lot of tape on him to know that he's less adequate than a 34 year old guard who was released by another 9-7 team.

Why???? *heaving sobbing* WHY???!?? *eery sobbing* WHYYYYYYYyyyyyyy?????!!!?

nancy_kerrigan_biography_2.jpg

Why do y'all play along with Woodland Doug's silliness????

I wonder if anyone has tried to interview the uncle?

His uncle is an asshole. As you can see from the numerous articles about holding out and demanding trades that AJ will come out and say are absolutely false. I actually have his number, because I called him a few months back about setting up an autograph signing with AJ, he hung up and I was nothing but cordial. Chances are reporters called and got ignored.

Ya know what? I can't respect this. You signed a contract. The team went out of its way to give you what you wanted at the time and you didn't want to wait. You didn't have an agent to tell you to wait, if you would have listened anyway, because you wanted to save 3%.

I don't think it's greed and I know you are THE MAN, BUT YOU NOT ONLY SIGNED IT, YOU DEMANDED IT....AND YOU NEED TO LIVE WITH IT. Just realize that Larry Fitzgerald is somewhat overpaid. You know how many freakin' people make more money than me that don't f'ing deserve it? Get over it.

I still completely respect AJ, but the more I see the less I respect this little money game. At least you are recognized and not completely misunderstood or non-appreciated. So you are the best and not quite paid the best. I almost wanna say, "Whaaaaaah!"

At least his professional pride gets in the way of that me first--money mentality.

I presume I'd feel the same way about all these multi-millionaires wanting restructured contracts if I knew how point-blank, "I wanted guaranteed but now I know I did't blow out a knee. Whaaaaa!" it all was, so not just picking on the one guy who's mostly all class.

AJ, you wanted guaranteed money instead of big, risky money. You got what you wanted....and now it is also what you deserve, because you demanded it. Feed on it or choke on it--it's YOURS.

Ya know how much money it takes to make you the happiest?

Answer: $100,000 a year. 90% of that happiness comes from the first $50,000.

What you're asking for will literally only make life harder anyway. You don't want more money. You want SB rings and you need to get your inner thoughts straightened out. You should be more concerned about other teammates contracts and who your teammates are going to be.

...and since you'll never read a word of this....I'll stop now.

Ya know what? I can't respect this. You signed a contract. The team went out of its way to give you what you wanted at the time and you didn't want to wait. You didn't have an agent to tell you to wait, if you would have listened anyway, because you wanted to save 3%.

When AJ signed that contract, it was because of his potential. He wasn't considered the best in the league, by anyone outside of Houston.

3 years later, he's got some of the surest hands in the league. & he's led the league two years in a row... Statistically, he's been the best WR in the league, 2 years running.

He's playing better now, than he was in 2006. You can't deny that.

True he has a better QB.

But if were playing worse than he was in 2006, if he for whatever reason can't play in 2010, you think the Texans are going to honor their end of the contract?

The man came to camp, he's going to play the preseason, and he'll be there from day 1 when the season starts. .. Not hurting you, or me, or the team, let him try to get his money.

I don't think it's greed and I know you are THE MAN, BUT YOU NOT ONLY SIGNED IT, YOU DEMANDED IT....AND YOU NEED TO LIVE WITH IT. Just realize that Larry Fitzgerald is somewhat overpaid. You know how many freakin' people make more money than me that don't f'ing deserve it? Get over it.

I still completely respect AJ, but the more I see the less I respect this little money game. At least you are recognized and not completely misunderstood or non-appreciated. So you are the best and not quite paid the best. I almost wanna say, "Whaaaaaah!"

At least his professional pride gets in the way of that me first--money mentality.

That would be great except for the fact that the Texans approached him to do a new deal and clear up some cap space. Otherwise, great rant.

That would be great except for the fact that the Texans approached him to do a new deal and clear up some cap space. Otherwise, great rant.

I thought Rick Smith denied that. He said it was AJ who came to them. I'll look for the link.

Back