Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Aaron Glenn's Journal

twinjetfan

Practice Squad
http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=20690&strSection=journal

Returning to the Big Apple
12/01/04

I was telling my wife yesterday, I’m not sure how I’m going to feel. Once I get on that field, I know I’m going to be a little emotional. That’s where my start was. They gave me my opportunity. I will always have a special place in my heart for New York. That was the place I started my career. No question I still follow the Jets. That was the team who gave me my start. I always look to see how the guys are doing and how the team is doing. I talk to a lot of the guys on the team. Me and Ray Mickens were teammates at Texas A&M, so he's a guy who I talk to a lot. I talk to my brother Jason a lot. I get a chance to check up on the trainers and all that. I call up there and talk to the guys up in the training room and those guys give me a call. There's always going to be a place in my heart for New York. New York was always great to me-the fans were great, the city was great. I have no regrets at all. From my time up there, I’m always hoping those guys do well, except when they play against us. But other than that, I’m always going to be a big fan of the New York area.

He was on his radio show here in Houston yesterday saying that exact same sentiment. It probably will be an emotional time for him going back to NY after all the time he spent there.
He's a great guy, a super player, and the Texans are glad to have him playing back home.

Same goes for Coleman.

Kind of weird how its 2 Texas guys (A&M and Tech),then both end up as CBs for NY, then both are taken in the expansion draft to play in Houston together.

Of course Coleman is at FS now but that doesn't change much.

Back