Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

#80 Johnson asked for trade in 2012

A FOSTER podcast
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/ar...on-on-eye-opening-podcast-appearance-10381639

Dre asked to be traded after 2012

Ok, now we get into the nitty gritty. We knew Andre had contractual issues in 2010. However, we did not know he asked for a trade after the Texans' 12-4 season in 2012. Apparently, Andre was the only one who saw the futility of 2013 coming. He goes all-in on how thin the roster was, chuckling that there were "a bunch of guys taking up space" and that "starters were playing special teams." Also....

43:00 — Dre had been asking for another receiver
.... it's probably no coincidence that this was the offseason that the Texans drafted DeAndre Hopkins. Foster and Johnson also complained about how few splashy signings the team would make in free agency. Again, probably no coincidence that this was the offseason that Johnson's buddy Ed Reed came over in a disastrous free agency signing. I don't think it's out of line to say Johnson's fingerprints were, in some way, on the Hopkins selection and the Reed signing. Hey, one out of two ain't bad

I'll always be a big AJ fan but he played the majority of his career for what could be fairly called "an expansion team" and while the Texans didn't get it together overnight by any stretch of the imagination they did manage to see a little success over the latter years of his career.

Looking at him on overthecap.com and seeing how the guy made over $106 million dollars playing football for 13 years I find it hard to feel a lot of empathy for his situation. So he didn't win a ring. So he didn't get to play on a "deep-as-all-hell-dynasty". Not many players do. In 2010 they gave him a great big contract extension that supposedly made him the highest paid WR in the NFL and two years later after 10-6 and 12-4 seasons that ended in playoff trips he wanted to be traded because he saw that the team was not where it needed to be? Sure thing Andre. You go do that.

Back