Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

7th round pick traded

I can't think of any 7th rounders for the Texans who've become key contributors. We've always done better with UDFA's, which is a numbers game anyway, but still, the 7th round hasn't been great for us.

I can't think of any 7th rounders for the Texans who've become key contributors. We've always done better with UDFA's, which is a numbers game anyway, but still, the 7th round hasn't been great for us.

If you can get a couple seasons of solid special teams play, then that 7th rounder turned out "ok" in my book. It's the ones that never even see the field that I have a problem with.

Rick actually did a decent job at drafting 7th rounders. Derek Newton was a steal, until injuries caught up to him. Andre Hal was also steal. Don't forget Zac Diles, he was solid. Then others like Troy Nolan & Dorin Dickerson at least contributed here & there. Also, don't forget the legend of Lonnie Ballentine, the greatest safety that never was! :)

Brilliant!

Be like early 7th.

Saints hardly had any picks. This is what succession planning looks like as wisely as possible. Drew Brees will retire soon and Josh Hill will take over. Big, 6-5 250 Hill will be ready and hold things together for years. Tommy Stevens will end up very similar size 6-5 235 now and will fill developmental back-up.

Texans did ok with what they had to work with. O’Brians main focus was addressing the pass rush. Speed inside out on defense.

Back