Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

5-11 last place again

Texas_Heat

Waterboy
It’s looking like this team is well on it’s way to 5-11 again the offense and defense are horrible, but on the upside it will put a end to this horrible Coaching Staff .

No way they win in chicago or Jacksonville The browns maybe but I think that the coaches and carr will find away to lose it. :thud:

OK, sure that makes sense. :listening I hate all the bandwagon fans who love to praise the Texans for what a good game they played when they win or what a good job the playcallers where doing, but when we lose we love to have these stupid outbursts. I dont see us losing any of the last 3 games, maybe you do but I think we are better thatn a ll 3 of the teams we play next.

a 5-11 record is possible...don't sleep on any of the teams we have left...at chicago and at jacksonville will not be easy...and cleveland at home i know they're bad but right now we're not that good...so 5-11 is very possible to me...chicago has a very stable defense and good running game...jacksonville is nobody's whippingboy...and cleveland will be desperate for a win to end the season so don't sleep on them

Yeah i agree with Buff Soldier 100%, about the bandwagon fans, and i think we have a pretty good chance of finishing our season with 3 wins. The only team i am worried about is jacksonville @ their house, they have a solid D and our offense hasn't been clicking lately, but we could very well go 3-0 for the rest of the season. :heh:

They lost to the lions who they are better then and lost to San Diego who are no better then them they also gave away games to minnesota(spoting them a 28 pt lead then started playing),Green Bay and the colts.and have quit in their last three road games.So yes I think they will lose their next three games and end the year at 5-11. :mad:

Thats your opinion, ill leave it at that, just dont hop back on the bandwagon next week when the texans wax that @$$ in Chi-Town :bouncey:

AndreJ said:
Thats your opinion, ill leave it at that, just dont hop back on the bandwagon next week when the texans wax that @$$ in Chi-Town :bouncey:

If I was a fair weather fan I’d be a pats fan so cut the bandwagon bs. I’m a Houston fan win or lose. I was A Oiler fan and am a rocket and astros fan so i've seen alot of losing but I never stopped pulling for them.

Good lord, why is it when someone has something critical (REAL) to say about OUR team they are labeled a bandwagoneer? I am so sick of that word. We are all fans and some of us can see reality, the Texans are not perfect and won't win all games. I said we wouldn't win today, does that make me on the wagon too? If you think so you can kiss my everloving *ss. Grow up people. Start posting facts and intelligent feedback to a loss instead of 50 Bandwagon threads. We have gotten the name of the Whiny fans. How embarassing but TRUE. :hairpull:

Just because one of us shows irritation at the lack of progress of this team, that is no reason to call them a bandwagoner. If the team seems to be underachieving, and the coaches act like they could care less, is it reasonable to expect a little critisism.

For example: is it unreasonable to criticize the awful play of our offensive line in todays Indy game? Is it unreasonable to expect a WR besides AJ to make a few more catches? Corey Bradford dissapears for long stretches. Why in the heck don't they give Starling, or Armstrong more playing time? On defense you can check the stats. We are 29th in the league. Is it unreasonable to expect a little better play from them after 3 years in the league.? I think any fair person would say that the long suffering fans of HOuston deserve to be a little critical. We would all like to be homers, but you can't expect homerism when a team underachieves as much as this one has this year.

ThaShark316 said:
LMAO...dawg,calm down...ur expectations are too high...man spare me that 5-11 bs....lol @ losing to CHI and CLE.

I hope our coaches and players don't take these teams as lightly as the quoted post. This team isn't even being close to being good enough where they can overlook ANY team.

Pfft... I'm still going for the 8-8 "range" season I thought would happen oh so long ago this year - as I'm sure there were numerous others among us that thought this. What hyped us for the post season appearance? That we won 2 in a row? Bruthas.. we hyped ourselves up on that one. We went from "hey, this will be about a 500 season" to "wow we're taking it all the way" from two wins in a row.... hmmm.

So, a couple of FA's and a few 1st rounds were gonna catpult this team from 5-11 to playoffs over one season? Those players acquired were gonna be a saviors for the coaches to miraculously be the perfect play callers that would play the game exactly like we would on Madden? Ummm... yeah.

Learning a new blocking scheme for the offense while we're still in the infancy stage for future planning in players acquired and games played as opposed to using the previous method that did WONDERS for us in the first two seasons, then on defense players in their new roles, switching positions as needed to see what works best with what we have after 2 SEASONS and 12 games - while not having the almighty sack count have been getting some pressure and quite a few ints....

Yes, I agree that the trenches were not played up to par this game (and a few others this season) and I was wondering as well what happened to increased pass plays or why we seem to go into a zone D at times.... but this is the same team that gave us some back to back wins, a sweep of the EVIL Adams' team, wins over some (at the time) quality teams with KC and Oak... maybe even a sweep of one other AFC South team before the year is out.

It's hurting to see the young team take it's lumps in it's growth.. but that just means we care about it. Keep the eye on the future... is wasn't too long ago most were saying this was a classy organization from the top down. Other teams have a jump on us in age and their time is now.... our will be in the future. Can you hold out that long?

We waited through numerous Oiler years... I'm sure a few "growing" Texan years won't be much more painful. Besides, I have yet to see the Texans drop a 35-3 lead. :heh:

The glass is half full... let's find what needs to overflow it. If the answer is to "change the wine" might I inquire what vineyard will replace it?

Oh, and 2005 looks GREAT... titans still in shambles, Jags will give us a run, and the colts will only have 3 players while everyone else leaves for other $$ pastures. :BananaWav

This team needs to start drafting for players in the trenches. It has been to long that Capers has been drafting skill players without giving his full attention to the foundation. I am sure he will work on it in this offseason.

hey....we got the cellar under control....you guys stay out of it....there ain't enough food to go around. now get off your asses and go beat the hell out of the Jags..I think you play them next and I know you are better.

Hey, why don't we just put all the excuses in one thread and make that thread sticky so it stays at the top of the board? Since the excuses are always the same we'll save ourselves lots of reading (and writing).

We're not gonna go 5-11. Come on, we'll at least beat the Browns. We've been playing some very tough teams and the next 3 will be much easier. We held the Colts to less than they've scored in a long time today.

I think we're gonna go 6-10, lol. We've got a real chance to beat Chicago and Cleveland, both, but I've changed my mind about actually beating Chicago. I just think we stink on the road.

If we do go 5-11, I say fire Palmer, Capers, Fangio, and all of both lines!!!! Heck, in that case, fire the GM too. I'm gonna want some heads to roll.

It is possible that we could win out the last 3, you know, because we are capable of it. Don't count on it.

Win the last 3, it'll be 8-8 as most projected and there will be dancing on the boards once again.

Back