Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

3 2022 Mocks

I tried to not draft the same player in the different mocks. I also went without trying to guess what trades might happen. Let the REBUILD begin.

Rd1: C. Strong QB
Rd2: N. Bonito Edge
Rd3: R. Moss CB
Rd3: C. Muma LB

Rd1: G. Karlaftis Edge
Rd2: K. Pickett QB
Rd3: R. Doubs WR
Rd3: H. Garrett DL

Rd1: A. Booth CB
Rd2: J. Brisker S
Rd3: J. Tolbert WR
Rd3: S. Rhyan OT

If this team takes a qb with their 1st round pick this year...much less this guy, i'm gonna be as pissed as i was when they took Amobi Okoye. They can take a player at any other position and be fine imo. I'd like to see a DE/LB/CB or RT before they take a qb.

If this team takes a qb with their 1st round pick this year...much less this guy, i'm gonna be as pissed as i was when they took Amobi Okoye. They can take a player at any other position and be fine imo. I'd like to see a DE/LB/CB or RT before they take a qb.
I had developed the mock before the atrocious meltdown of yesterday. This was thinking that we would pick in the teens. But I understand that we have needs everywhere. I can definitely see why you’d want other positions other than QB with this draft class.

With where i believe we'll be picking (6-10) there are only a hanful of positions i think we can pick & guard isn't 1 of them...at least the guys that are rated as the best in this draft..none of them are worth a top 10 pick imo.

With where i believe we'll be picking (6-10) there are only a hanful of positions i think we can pick & guard isn't 1 of them...at least the guys that are rated as the best in this draft..none of them are worth a top 10 pick imo.
Do you have 5 guys in that range that are at the top of your list?

1-10 picks have to come from only 5 positions imo. QB/LT/CB/S/DE. The only way other positions get up in that range is if they're truly thought to be special talents & i don't see that this year.

With that said, you already know at least 1 team is gonna reach for a QB somewhere there...That puts Rattler/Howell......whichever 1 drops out of the top 5, into that 6-10 reach area. Then there's the dark horse guy.....usually a qb so i'll put Malik Willis there as well. I think Kyle Hamilton will be there as well simply b/c safeties don't typically go in the top 5 either.
Then i think someone reaches for a WR.

So 1-5 I see in no particular order:

Thibodeaux
Rattler
Stingley
Neal

6-10
Willis
Hamilton
Leal
Howell
Wilson

& the only guys i'm remotely interested in are Hamilton & Garrett Wilson WR out of OSU.

1-10 picks have to come from only 5 positions imo. QB/LT/CB/S/DE. The only way other positions get up in that range is if they're truly thought to be special talents & i don't see that this year.

With that said, you already know at least 1 team is gonna reach for a QB somewhere there...That puts Rattler/Howell......whichever 1 drops out of the top 5, into that 6-10 reach area. Then there's the dark horse guy.....usually a qb so i'll put Malik Willis there as well. I think Kyle Hamilton will be there as well simply b/c safeties don't typically go in the top 5 either.
Then i think someone reaches for a WR.

So 1-5 I see in no particular order:

Thibodeaux
Rattler
Stingley
Neal

6-10
Willis
Hamilton
Leal
Howell
Wilson

& the only guys i'm remotely interested in are Hamilton & Garrett Wilson WR out of OSU.
I think pairing Hamilton and Reid would be amazing. If that didn’t happen, I’d love to trade back and gather more picks. I think this is another deep WR class, so I could see us using one of our 3rds on a WR.

I’d love Kenyan Green from A&M for G. There’s also several CBs that would be at the top for me as well.

After seeing the OL play this yr, I think this is a talent issue, so I would have no issue with bringing in Green in the 1st to pair with Tunsil and hopefully finding out Heck is the RT of the future. Bring Green home.

I'm particularly fond of this idea if we find out Howard and Scharping cant handle the OG spots this yr.

I've got my targets in RD1 and RD2 / Trading Watson & Tunsil might yield enough RD1 and RD2 picks to help land more than a few off this list:

DB- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)
DL- DeMarvin Leal (Texas A&M)
OC- Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa)
CB- Ahmad Gardner (Cincinnati)
QB- Kenny Pickett (Pitt)
OT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa)

I've got my targets in RD1 and RD2 / Trading Watson & Tunsil might yield enough RD1 and RD2 picks to help land more than a few off this list:

DB- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)
DL- DeMarvin Leal (Texas A&M)
OC- Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa)
CB- Ahmad Gardner (Cincinnati)
QB- Kenny Pickett (Pitt)
OT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa)
I would be more than happy with a few of these guys

Imaging a backfield with Stingley, Hamilton and Reid :yahoo:

Too bad the chances of it happening would be very slim.

Then get a pass rusher like Sanders.

That would be really special. It's possible since Philly will have a really high pick too. I would definitely pick Hamilton and Stingley over any DE not named Thibadeaux.

Then get a pass rusher like Sanders.

That would be really special. It's possible since Philly will have a really high pick too. I would definitely pick Hamilton and Stingley over any DE not named Thibadeaux.

If I could get a RD1, CB- Howard, and LG- Liam Eichenberg for Watson from Miami in 2022 I’d be pretty stoked. If I could get a RD1, RD2, and CB- Steven Nelson for Tunsil from the Eagles in 2022…..again, I’d be pretty stoked. **Both trades would gain 2023 picks as well**

Picks Received (Current Projections):
RD1-02: Texans
RD1-06: Texans < Eagles < Colts
RD1-13: Texans < Dolphins < 49’ers
RD2-09: Texans < Eagles

Players Received:
CB- Howard (Dolphins)
LG- Eichenberg (Dolphins)
CB- Nelson (Eagles)

Texans use the second pick for S- Kyle Hamilton. Sign Reid to an extension. Sign Nelson to an extension.

I would safely say the Texans could have one of the best defensive backfields in the NFL come the 2022 season.

CB- Nelson (28)
SS- Hamilton (20)
FS- Reid (24)
CB- Howard (28)

Team might be able to keep this group together through Hamilton’s rookie contract.

Getting another solid DL early in the draft could go a long ways towards turning the Texans defense around in 2022.

I’d set my eyes on Northern Iowa LT- Trevor Penning to finish RD1. Might have to add that RD2 pick (Eagles) to move up enough to select Penning….but could be a solid move if it means pairing him with Eichenberg on the left side. Let Heck set the right side with Scharping at RG. Maybe Britt stays healthy enough to be the brains in the middle for another season.

LT- Penning (22)
LG- Eichenberg (23)
OC- Britt (30)
RG- Scharping (25)
RT- Heck (24)

Last edited:
If I could get a RD1, CB- Howard, and LG- Liam Eichenberg for Watson from Miami in 2022 I’d be pretty stoked. If I could get a RD1, RD2, and CB- Steven Nelson for Tunsil from the Eagles in 2022…..again, I’d be pretty stoked. **Both trades would gain 2023 picks as well**

Picks Received (Current Projections):
RD1-02: Texans
RD1-06: Texans < Eagles < Colts
RD1-13: Texans < Dolphins < 49’ers
RD2-09: Texans < Eagles

Players Received:
CB- Howard (Dolphins)
LG- Eichenberg (Dolphins)
CB- Nelson (Eagles)

Texans use the second pick for S- Kyle Hamilton. Sign Reid to an extension. Sign Nelson to an extension.

I would safely say the Texans could have one of the defensive backfields in the NFL come the 2022 season.

CB- Nelson (28)
SS- Hamilton (20)
FS- Reid (24)
CB- Howard (28)

Team might be able to keep this group together through Hamilton’s rookie contract.

Getting another solid DL early in the draft could go a long ways towards turning the Texans defense around in 2022.

I’d set my eyes on Northern Iowa LT- Trevor Penning to finish RD1. Might have to add that RD2 pick (Eagles) to move up enough to Penning….but could be a solid move if it means pairing him with Eichenberg on the left side. Let Heck set the right side with Scharping at RG. Maybe Britt stays healthy enough to be the brains and brain in the middle for another season.

LT- Penning (22)
LG- Eichenberg (23)
OC- Britt (30)
RG- Scharping (25)
RT- Heck (24)

Looks good to me.

However I seriously doubt Tunsil is traded.

Looks good to me.

However I seriously doubt Tunsil is traded.

Not a horrible move if it frees up cap space and the Texans focus on picking his replacement at some point in RD1.

Hail, I could toss Scharping into the Tunsil deal and ask for LG- Landon Dickerson as well versus including any picks in the 2023 Draft.

LT- Penning
LG- Dickerson
OC- Britt
RG- Eichenberg
RT- Heck

Texans would certainly be in a position to move Dickerson to C when Britt is ready to move on. Texans could make an additional move in RD1 to try and land Iowa C, Tyler Linderbaum to set the OL for the future which could mean no DL or OLB in RD1. Texans RD1 would be S- Hamilton, C- Linderbaum, and LT- Penning. OL could look like this for the 2022 season:

LT- Penning (Northern Iowa) R
LG- Dickerson (Alabama) 1
OC- Linderbaum (Iowa) R
RG- Eichenberg (Notre Dame) 1
RT- Heck (North Carolina) 2

Could be a young and extremely talented OL to set the foundation for the offensive side of the ball.

Back