We’re 6-3 and the remaining teams we face are

Ravens - w
Colts - w
Patriots - L
Broncos - w
Titans - w
Buccaneer - w
Titans - w

We might finish the season undefeated. If there’s anyone who can knock off the champs. Its Watson, he did it in college. I have us going 12-4 with our only lost to the pats. I think ob gets out coached. Worst case scenario. we lose 3 games we’re still 10-6 and will likely make the playoffs.

What’s you guys predictions?

We’re 6-3 and the remaining teams we face are

Ravens - w
Colts - w
Patriots - L
Broncos - w
Titans - w
Buccaneer - w
Titans - w

We might finish the season undefeated. If there’s anyone who can knock off the champs. Its Watson, he did it in college. I have us going 12-4 with our only lost to the pats. I think ob gets out coached. Worst case scenario. we lose 3 games we’re still 10-6 and will likely make the playoffs.

What’s you guys predictions?
I think L to ravens but win vs Pat's

Pat's not the juggernaut they used to be. Ravens could be a taste of our own medicine

I saw us splitting with the Colts and Titans or Jags before the season started.. I still think we drop one to the Titans.

I could also see us handling the Titans but the Colts emerge once again as our kryptonite and we lose both showings to the Colts this season.

Ravens- L

Colts- W

Patriots- L With all the Caserio drama... this is likely to be personal for BB and I dont like OBs odds in a battle of wits BB.Could get ugly fast.

Unfortunately I believe that BB is far too smart to allow it to be so personal that tons of mistakes are made and he cuts off his nose to spite his face. I dont believe he is mad, but I do believe his ego would like to send Caserio off to a team he recently stomped.

Broncos- W
Titans- W
Bucs- W
Titans- Depends how bad we need the win...it might not matter to us.. so the Titans may "want it more". If we need it W, if not L

I see 10-6 finish... IF I want to be optimistic.

I see 8-8 if I default to my pessimism.

Either outcome, we finish better than I expected before the season began.

the patriots are purposely losing this game just so they can beat the ravens or Texans in the playoffs ….

After the bye the next three weeks will be huge for seeding and our playoff picture. Win all of them and we sit in a great position to take a top 2 seed. Lose one of the 3 and we will be sitting outside the top 2 and possibly as the 6 seed. The Steelers scare me a little. They are on a roll and could be fighting for the 6 seed at seasons end.

I'll admit I had them struggling to win 6 this year, but that was before Luck retired, Foles and Newton being out, and Mahomes not being 100%. Now Brissett may be out? They got some breaks and have taken advantage of it, so props for that.

That said, Bill O'Brien came into this season 11-27 against teams with a winning record. He's 1-3 as it stands, this year. None of this matters until they start beating those winning teams. Those are the ones you play in January.

Ravens - L ( 37-33)
I believe this will be a shootout but our defense won't be able to contain Jackson.
Colts - W (30-18)
Payback, we win this is dominant fashion.
Patriots - L (34-24)
Bill O'Brien still can't get over the hump. For some reason he chokes up against this team.
Broncos - W ( 27-13)
Titans - W ( 33-24)
Buccaneer - W (24-20)
Titans - W ( 20-16)

That puts us at 11-5

My prediction is the Texans post an 11-5 record, win the AFC South "championship" *SNICKER*, and lose in the second round of the playoffs @ NE.

As Spanish philosopher George Santayana said once about Bill O'Brien, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

We lose next 3 and posters are screaming, "Same old Texans." Then we win out. We win 0 or 1 playoff game.
That scenario is the definition of the “same old Texans.”

I think the Texans lose big to Baltimore and the Patriots. The Texans defense has feasted on bad teams but they’ve given up more points than anyone else in the AFC South. They didn’t touch Minshew until the end of the 3rd quarter. Besides their defensive woes, Harbough and BB are much better at coaching than O’Brien. Sorry steelbtexan but it’s true. And it’s likely the Texans will face a better coaching staff than the Texans in the playoffs and that’s probably why the Texans will lose.

That scenario is the definition of the “same old Texans.”

I think the Texans lose big to Baltimore and the Patriots. The Texans defense has feasted on bad teams but they’ve given up more points than anyone else in the AFC South. They didn’t touch Minshew until the end of the 3rd quarter. Besides their defensive woes, Harbough and BB are much better at coaching than O’Brien. Sorry steelbtexan but it’s true. And it’s likely the Texans will face a better coaching staff than the Texans in the playoffs and that’s probably why the Texans will lose.

If they lose they lose it will be because this is the yr a young offense gets experience. Yr 2 of a 3 yr rebuild. Nothing has made me think the timeline has changed. I think they will beat one of the Pats/Ravens.

Ravens are just hammering Patriots
Loved this. Brady was whining like a petulant little child.
we lose badly to both the Ravens
This game is gonna be a big test. This game is gonna be tough.
After the bye the next three weeks will be huge for seeding and our playoff picture.
Next three weeks are huge. 2 of them at home though. These 3 games will make or break this team, imo. 2-1 best case scenario.
We lose next 3 and posters are screaming
I hear you, see above response.

Ravens - W
Colts - W
Patriots - L
Broncos - W
Titans - L
Buccaneers - W
Titans - W

Wild Card vs Colts: W
Divisional vs. Bills: W
AFCC vs. Patriots: W
Super Bowl vs. Seahawks: W

I'm choosing to be optimistic, because this is their window. Make it happen, O'Brien. The road gets much harder after this season when you have no draft capital, start losing free agents that you can't replace in the draft, and start paying Watson market value.

After the bye the next three weeks will be huge for seeding and our playoff picture. Win all of them and we sit in a great position to take a top 2 seed. Lose one of the 3 and we will be sitting outside the top 2 and possibly as the 6 seed. The Steelers scare me a little. They are on a roll and could be fighting for the 6 seed at seasons end.
It doesn't get any tougher than this three week stretch following the bye.

The Dolts game is the biggest of them all - lose that one and the best you can do is a wildcard spot 5/6.

The other games are impactful too but they don't cement you as a wildcard team rather than a probable division winner and no worse than #4.

After those 3 , the schedule looks easier ….

I am more interested in predictions by cloaknnndagger as to the return date & health of each one of our injured players. Tunsil and Howard manning the tackles would allow a healthy Watson to be all pro.

If they want the two seed , I don't think they can lose more than one more game and that loss cannot come to the Dolts. It'll take 12-4 to get that #2 seed.
I'd say it would also take beating the Ravens head to head but the tail end of their schedule is brutal. Texans , Rams , 49ers and Bills followed by the Jets to finish it off. That's a tough stretch of games.

The Chiefs have the easiest schedule left … only one team .500 or better (Patriots).

The Pats look to have the #1 spot in hand …. everything else is up for grabs.

The Pats look to have the #1 spot in hand …. everything else is up for grabs.
I agree with you.

They've got Wentz and the Eagles, Prescott and the Cowboys, Watson and the Texans, and Mahomes and the Chiefs next 4. That's a huge difference as opposed to Fitzmagic, Darnold, Allen, McCoy/Haskins, and Jones. But we are talking about the Patriots.

I'd like to say they lose the away games, Eagles and Texans, and go 2-2 in that stretch. Then they'll win out which will get them to 13-3. So ya, Texans gotta go 12-4 to have realistic shot at that #2 seed. IT starts with beating B-more next week.

I've yet to watch the Patriots play, but seems like they are already making excuses for them. Their next three may change everything.

Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs... & another game against the Bills.
Right? Would be nice if the Texans finally beat the Pats, but O’Brien bends over for Belichick every time they meet. The Pats will have a tough little stretch coming up, so we shall see what they’re made of.

2nd half of the season is Bill's biggest test yet. I'm curious how he will finish the season against some good teams to boot. Fortunately, 2 of the 3 are at home and Brissett will most likely be out with an injury. Everything rides on seeding. Only the Ravens may get away with a deep playoff run without the 1 ow 2 seed so it's of ultra importance to beat the Patriots, Colts and Ravens. Of which, I think we go 2-1 in that stretch.

I think, as other posters have mentioned, the Texans have a really good chance to win the last 4 games. So, the next 3 games will be huge for seeding and where they stand in the AFC. Imo, if they win 2 of the next 3, the 2 seed will be Houston's to lose over the last 4. 1 of the next 3 is probably more realistic, and hopefully that's the Colts game.

However, I am open to being pleasantly surprised by splitting the Pats/Ravens and beating the Colts.

True, Harbaugh was willing to put his QB at a higher risk before BOB was.
This is only part of the story. I saw an interview with Harbaugh who said that before the draft their organization discussed the consequences of drafting Jackson, that he (Harbaugh) wasn't committed to any particular offense, and before the draft, they committed to building an offense around around Jackson's skills. They didn't change an existing offense to fit a player. From day one they set about building an intirely new offense.

I just learned from the injury thread that Brady is dealing with a bit of elbow tendonitis.

I don't wish harm on anyone, but if this is how we're going to beat them next week I'll gladly take advantage of opponents poor health.

With BO'b being BO'b, it's all we got.

Doesn't make too much difference that we're looking like division champs. We can't get past the Balti-Crows in the playoffs.

Back