NFL-team-logo

Mike Sainristil, DB Michigan
NFL-team-logo

Jaylen Wright, RB Tennessee
NFL-team-logo

Cade Stover, TE Ohio State
Matt Goncalves, OT Pittsburgh
Mohamed Kamara, EDGE Colorado State

Traded next year’s 5th and this years 7th rd picks and 6th to move up to #146 and select a swing tackle to compete with Heck. Otherwise stood pat and let bpa come to Texans.

Would not mind that haul. McConkey is a nice BPA “redshirt” year player/replacement for Diggs next season.

Fiske fills the 3 tech need.

Sainristil is the defensive version of Tank. Too good a player to drop this far but stranger things have happened.

Wright best home run threat in draft.

Stover very similar to Schultz and built in chemistry with CJ.

Goncalves good swing OT prospect.

Kamara my favorite day 3 edge. Think he’ll go round 4 when all said and done but PFN mock keeps giving him to me in 6th so i’ll take him!

Right on! I’m finding draft grades swing wildly this year, unlike any others I can remember. Depending who you talk or listen too.

Ladd has been overhyped imo. He’s not a 1st round WR, not in this class. But he’s an obvious fit here, as slot WR. The emergence of Metchie has given me pause, but with CJ why the hell not. Nico, Tank, Diggs, McConkey, Metchie & Noah Brown. Woods is cut and Hutchinson placed on practice squad.

Fiske falls a bit for me, older prospect, 25, but he has shown improvement every year, like his attitude and fits swarm. Decent size, shorter than ideal arms but like underdog mentality.

Don’t feel either of these two picks is reaching or terrific value just great fits on the field and locker room.

Now could push narrative for Sainristil to be the 42nd pick, I’ve seen him graded 38-43 perfect right? But know how you guys are. So I’m hoping Texans are able to add these system fits regardless where they fall and I’ll consider them hits.

I want to select Jalen with the 59th pick. Really like his home run ability, speed, catching ability well as excellent blocker in pass pro. No I don’t think he lasts this long either but he’s in the mock so I’m hedging bets Texans may select him earlier or trade up.

Stover is my favorite TE in this class and he’s very excited about possibility of being reunited with Stroud. Excellent blocker and compliments Schultz.

Not enamored with tackle room past only Tunsil. Hope Howard is ready to show off his skill set @ RT but makes me nervous to count on that happening. Goncalves is a mauler, strong as an ox and explosive off the snap. He also played and could project inside into guard giving Texans a lot of much needed OL depth. Traded up to get him, but it’s an all in move to be on the safe side.

Kamara, is developmental edge, toolsy and explosive with good length. High upside shot using low risk pick, possibly starting here year three?

NFL-team-logo

Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia
NFL-team-logo

Braden Fiske, DT Florida State
NFL-team-logo

Mike Sainristil, DB Michigan
NFL-team-logo

Jaylen Wright, RB Tennessee
NFL-team-logo

Cade Stover, TE Ohio State
Matt Goncalves, OT Pittsburgh
Mohamed Kamara, EDGE Colorado State

Traded next year’s 5th and this years 7th rd picks and 6th to move up to #146 and select a swing tackle to compete with Heck. Otherwise stood pat and let bpa come to Texans.
There are some fairly interesting lesser known prospects as well to consider. If you’re interested in completing LB room Trevon Wallace, Kentucky maybe even better fit than Edgerrin Cooper, better in coverage for sure. Interested in edge to groom to be be ready in couple years Jonah Ellis, Utah if still there in 3rd? CB is another niche to hit on, besides Mike there is Andru Phillips also wildcat, impressive Senior Bowl (Texans stomping grounds) be another excellent 3rd rd option.

Last edited:

While none of the drafts in this thread are going to happen… I like my dream draft a shade better then yours…which is also a great draft BTW. I’d not complain one iota if your draft came to fruition. I might even turn a cartwheel!

But the more I consider possible trade up candidates from #42, the more I think about Newton. I think he would be an ideal candidate in Ryans defense. Of course, in this mock no trade required. In reality, I think they would need to trade up if they want him. Then you come back in the 4th round and get Sweat to plug up the middle. That’s real value in the 4th and worth the risk. Now you’ve arguably got the best dline in the league. Add in a quality corner, solid LB prospect, and an underrated safety in the 7th, and this is a top 5 defense.

But more realistic dream -
Darius Robinson EDGE Missouri
Mike Sainristil CB Michigan
Trevin Wallace LB Kentucky
Jaylen Wright RB Tennessee
Theo JohnsonTE Penn State
trade-icon

Khristian Boyd DT Nothern Iowa
Keith Randolph Jr. DT Illinois
Brennan Jackson Edge Washington State
trade-icon

Austin Reed QB Western Kentucky