Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 Texans Opponents

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
The actual schedule is a few months from being announced, but here are the teams the Texans will face.

Houston will have home games against Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver and Arizona.

On the road, the Texans will go to Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina, and the New York Jets.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I'll ask the same question in this thread about the same subject. How in the hell does the NFL justify scheduling Watson to play in Houston two years in a row? That's just complete bullshit.
The Browns' trip to Houston in 2023 is a regular rotation game. 2022 was a conference opponent based on the finish in 2021.

You see all but three of the games in a season out until 2027.

For once there is nothing underhanded going on with NFL.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I'll ask the same question in this thread about the same subject. How in the hell does the NFL justify scheduling Watson to play in Houston two years in a row? That's just complete bullshit.
It's a formula. The Texans rotate thru the AFC divisions every 3 seasons, and the NFC divisions every 4 seasons. The Texans will play the team in the other AFC divisions that finished in the identical standing. This season the Texans played the AFC West, and played the 2021 AFC East 3rd place team (Dolphins) and the 2021 AFC North 3rd place team (Browns). The Browns game was in Cleveland. So the next AFC North opponent based upon standings will be at Houston.

Not a conspiracy.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The actual schedule is a few months from being announced, but here are the teams the Texans will face.

Houston will have home games against Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver and Arizona.

On the road, the Texans will go to Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina, and the New York Jets.
It's hard to ask for a better schedule than this. 12 teams that finished below .500 in 2022.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
It's a formula. The Texans rotate thru the AFC divisions every 3 seasons, and the NFC divisions every 4 seasons. The Texans will play the team in the other AFC divisions that finished in the identical standing. This season the Texans played the AFC West, and played the 2021 AFC East 3rd place team (Dolphins) and the 2021 AFC North 3rd place team (Browns). The Browns game was in Cleveland. So the next AFC North opponent based upon standings will be at Houston.

Not a conspiracy.
Of course it's a conspiracy, it's always a conspiracy, it's the NFL. :lol:

I guess I just don't like the idea of the Browns coming here again. I hope we beat them next time with whoever our new HC is. And probably a new QB.

Another interesting offseason ahead of us.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
There’s a chance it could be 3 years in a row as the Texans will host an AFC North team in 2024.