Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 Houston Cougars

That was a BS spot there on 3rd down. Also, don't get the call on 4th down, but whatever. Expected my Coogs to get blown out, and it turned out to be a great game.
What call on 4th down?

It was probably a bad spot, but there was no down the line view or a view showing where the ball was so nothing with which to overturn the call on the field

The only people defending the spot are UT homers. The entire college football world and even most UT fans realize it was a blatantly bad spot.
But still, the Cougars played damn good Saturday and hopefully can maintain the momentum going forward the rest of the season.

Casting conspiracy theories aside because there is surely no such thing. Some things allow speculation to exist. The replay official for the game Saturday who decided not to review the spot, is a UT grad.

I know, I know its absurd. We are just being silly.

That went about like I expected it to go. The UT game would have too if Sark didn't try and get cute and show everyone has smart he was starting with that idiodic fake field goal they tried when up 21-0. If they kept running it down our throats eventually UH defense would have worn down like they have in most of these conference games.

Thank god the season is almost over. It sucks that it looks like Dana will be back next year.

I'd be fine if Dana were sent packing. I'd like to see QB- Donovan Smith stay for another season if he has any eligibility left b/c he could really use another season and more talent around him.

If yall think the stadium looks empty now, keep Dana and see what it will look like. There are too many things to do in Houston in September besides watch a sorry team. Those are just facts

Someone needs to explain to me why Holgorsen should be back next year. He's an offensive coach who can't generate offense. I don't see this getting better.

Someone needs to explain to me why Holgorsen should be back next year. He's an offensive coach who can't generate offense. I don't see this getting better.
Does anyone think he should be back?

Does anyone think he should be back?

No, he’s failing. Getting recruit talent is going to be harder not to mention the Texas and Division I teams the Coogs will be competing with for that talent.

The Coogs would do themselves a big favor in trying to pursue solid talent in the trenches via JC’s and the transfer portal.

This would be a simple move for me.....hire Tom Herman away from Florida Atlantic. I don't care that the guy left for the greener fields of UT. UH is now part of the BIG 12. Bring this Tom back b/c he was a heck of a recruiter and HC. Maybe at some point he could lure Keenum to his staff.

I think it will be Fritz I hope he brings Michael Pratt with him too.

However, there’s also the chance that this report is nothing more than Fritz squeezing the lemon at Tulane for a pay raise, which would be well-earned. Either way, we won’t have more definitive answers until after Saturday’s game.

Back