25) Titans * WR Josh Downs
26) Jets * OG O’Cyrus Torrence
27) Dallas * QB Bryce Young
28) Giants * LB Noah Sewell
29) KC * CB Cam Smith
30) Minny * CB Emmanuel Forbes
31) Bills * RB Jahmyr Gibbs
32) Philly * ED Nolan Smith

Beachcomber is one of their regular draft geeks who like OptimisticTexan, Badboy and SteelbTexan just can’t get enough.

Very good work and thought it might be interesting to compare thoughts with Texan draft geek fan base (if your not one, get with the program).

04) Texans * QB CJ Stroud
My favorite choice but I realize SteelbTexan is firmly against not only selecting him but a QB in 2023 class, so we can look forward to another year with Mills as QB1. OK? No.
Of course it’s not a done deal yet. The only game I’ve choose to watch (had time off) was first game vs Notre Dame. Due to my limited time, I focus only on the toughest tests against top flight defenses. Went in with an open mind and was impressed with his game management, accuracy in clutch situations, arm accuracy, ability to extend plays, physical toughness to withstand contact and leadership with his teammates.

05) Texans * ED Myles Murphy

Has anyone else followed Clemson Edge Myles Murphy 6-5 275? Of course last year my early favorite was Kayvon Thibodeaux, selected #5 overall by the NY Giants who are now 5-1. Honestly have not watched enough of him to say, but certainly the type of edge player, explosive, quick twitch and physically imposing you want coming off the edge in the NFL. Against Florida State Saturday he had a sack and three tackles for loss in first half alone. He very well could be that game wrecker Texans need?

I don’t like the Charger pick #24 TE Michael Mayer Notre Dame, would pass taking a 1st rd TE would rather get a true deep threat @ WR like Zay Flowers, Boston College, maybe Zion will have pull? By the way, Texans where a team I had to sweat out then not taking Zion, much as I also like Greene it was a relief.

Notice he has Bryce Young #27 to Dallas? Must be value pick or he just doesn’t like him. Pretty sure he goes Top 10.

Beachcomber is one of their regular draft geeks who like OptimisticTexan, Badboy and SteelbTexan just can’t get enough.

Very good work and thought it might be interesting to compare thoughts with Texan draft geek fan base (if your not one, get with the program).

04) Texans * QB CJ Stroud
My favorite choice but I realize SteelbTexan is firmly against not only selecting him but a QB in 2023 class, so we can look forward to another year with Mills as QB1. OK? No.
Of course it’s not a done deal yet. The only game I’ve choose to watch (had time off) was first game vs Notre Dame. Due to my limited time, I focus only on the toughest tests against top flight defenses. Went in with an open mind and was impressed with his game management, accuracy in clutch situations, arm accuracy, ability to extend plays, physical toughness to withstand contact and leadership with his teammates.

05) Texans * ED Myles Murphy

Has anyone else followed Clemson Edge Myles Murphy 6-5 275? Of course last year my early favorite was Kayvon Thibodeaux, selected #5 overall by the NY Giants who are now 5-1. Honestly have not watched enough of him to say, but certainly the type of edge player, explosive, quick twitch and physically imposing you want coming off the edge in the NFL. Against Florida State Saturday he had a sack and three tackles for loss in first half alone. He very well could be that game wrecker Texans need?

I don’t like the Charger pick #24 TE Michael Mayer Notre Dame, would pass taking a 1st rd TE would rather get a true deep threat @ WR like Zay Flowers, Boston College, maybe Zion will have pull? By the way, Texans where a team I had to sweat out then not taking Zion, much as I also like Greene it was a relief.

Notice he has Bryce Young #27 to Dallas? Must be value pick or he just doesn’t like him. Pretty sure he goes Top 10.
Thanks for bringing his work over to this board. Love seeing how other teams draftniks see the talent each yr. BTW the Chargers board is a really informative place for draftniks to visit.

Thanks for bringing his work over to this board. Love seeing how other teams draftniks see the talent each yr. BTW the Chargers board is a really informative place for draftniks to visit.
Their a surprisingly old school AFC team with a lot of posters stretching back to the 60’s and still going strong, yet fans are all the same, everywhere and a few become draftniks, some next level.

I’m sure many here watched the Monday Night Bronco game. Realize how mightily the Chargers struggled offensively, not to mention their prize 70 million free agent CB JC Jackson had to benched in the 2nd half. They’ve lost last years All Pro Left Tackle Slater to a torn acl. Pipkins, a third round pick finally a starter after 4 years of developing played fighting mcl. Corey Linsley, last years prize free agent a scratch @ Center because of sickness and tendinitis in his knees. A Rookie 6th rd pick, Salyer starting LT and another rookie, 1st rd pick Zion Johnson, starting RG trying to protect Herbert between two weak links. Largely because of that Justin Herbert has been playing with a fractured rib cartilage.

Said all that, to say this, these type of situations are exactly what drives teams individual Draft Boards. Which is the reason I had switched up first to a speed WR who can separate (giving Herbert a weapon not currently on this roster) vs Beachcomber taking a TE (would also create mismatches?) so maybe they both would achieve the same purpose, more work needs to be done. Or they just go OL in 1st for the 3rd year in a row and hope injury bug doesn’t bite.

Their a surprisingly old school AFC team with a lot of posters stretching back to the 60’s and still going strong, yet fans are all the same, everywhere and a few become draftniks, some next level.

I’m sure many here watched the Monday Night Bronco game. Realize how mightily the Chargers struggled offensively, not to mention their prize 70 million free agent CB JC Jackson had to benched in the 2nd half. They’ve lost last years All Pro Left Tackle Slater to a torn acl. Pipkins, a third round pick finally a starter after 4 years of developing played fighting mcl. Corey Linsley, last years prize free agent a scratch @ Center because of sickness and tendinitis in his knees. A Rookie 6th rd pick, Salyer starting LT and another rookie, 1st rd pick Zion Johnson, starting RG trying to protect Herbert between two weak links. Largely because of that Justin Herbert has been playing with a fractured rib cartilage.

Said all that, to say this, these type of situations are exactly what drives teams individual Draft Boards. Which is the reason I had switched up first to a speed WR who can separate (giving Herbert a weapon not currently on this roster) vs Beachcomber taking a TE (would also create mismatches?) so maybe they both would achieve the same purpose, more work needs to be done. Or they just go OL in 1st for the 3rd year in a row and hope injury bug doesn’t bite.
How did Salyer and Zion look last night? I'm thinking the Chargers should draft an OT in the 2nd or 3rd rd. A center should definitely be considered. Lindlsey can't stay healthy. Pipkins stinks. Jackson is hurt.

How did Salyer and Zion look last night? I'm thinking the Chargers should draft an OT in the 2nd or 3rd rd. A center should definitely be considered. Lindlsey can't stay healthy. Pipkins stinks. Jackson is hurt.

I know you and I were mocking both Zion and Salyer the Texans.

Zion was caught holding like 4 times, out of position a lot. Denver defense has been tough on everyone, but the Chargers OL really had a rough night. The Chargers were able to convert quite a few 3rd and 4th downs, otherwise it would have been even rougher. The game was heading for a tie until a Denver special team blunder. 0 first downs in OT by both teams. I learned that you can push the blocker right through the guy calling for a fair catch and let the ball hit the guys when in disarray, and then recover it. Seems odd you can create that mess, but heads up by the Chargers

Back