Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 DRAFT PICK SELECTION THREAD

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I’ll be sleeping and dreaming about this draft. The draft kicks off at 0200 here in Paris. Next draft….I’ll be kicking back in my Lazy Boy and enjoying it at a normal hour in Atascocita, TX while knowing I’d have no clock to punch on Friday morning.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
You don't skip a QB if you believe he is the one, though... who knows if you'll ever have this opportunity again. Josh Allen was drafted into a bad situation, but they were able to make it work.
Is Slowick = Daboll?

mussop

Hall of Fame
You don't skip a QB if you believe he is the one, though... who knows if you'll ever have this opportunity again. Josh Allen was drafted into a bad situation, but they were able to make it work.
And if they don’t draft one that means they didn’t believe in him. This isn’t the NFL of old. There are more ways to get a QB now than ever. Look at all the franchise QBs that have been available the last few years. Take this highly valuable pick and get the most out of it you can. That’s the smart play.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Haven’t a number of teams proved definitively that even if you miss badly you will be ”there” again (and again, and again, and again…) until you get it right. Not that this is a good thing. Just saying they have a draft every year and you get to make trades in all of them so being in a position to take a QB you like is hardly the elusive target it’s made out to be.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I hope they take Richardson at 1.2 and Bijan at 1.12. Sit Richardson for the year and let him learn. If I'm betting on upside, I think Richardson has the most.
@OptimisticTexan there's much better vodka at lower prices than Grey Goose. If you're in Paris, try a good single malt whiskey. You can get an excellent single malt for the price of Jack Daniels over there. I lived in Lyon for 6 months.

mussop

Hall of Fame
Why not draft
I hope they take Richardson at 1.2 and Bijan at 1.12. Sit Richardson for the year and let him learn. If I'm betting on upside, I think Richardson has the most.
@OptimisticTexan there's much better vodka at lower prices than Grey Goose. If you're in Paris, try a good single malt whiskey. You can get an excellent single malt for the price of Jack Daniels over there. I lived in Lyon for 6 months.
I would live this but more if they were able to trade down and do this.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Why not draft

I would live this but more if they were able to trade down and do this.
There's always a risk with trading down that your player won't be there. If you think Richardson (or any QB for that matter) is your guy, draft him at 1.2. Lovie Smith screwed the Texans out of having absolute control of the Texans pick, so go get your guy. I don't care if it's Tanner McKee or Stetson Bennett. If he's your guy, get him.

michaelm

vox nihili
Looks like it leaked Caserio is picking Stroud/ I am not excited about this, but will support.

Could have made a REAL difference on defense getting that cornerstone player.
Possible the Stroud rumor was leaked to drum up interest for teams thinking they can trade up to #3 and get him.