2022 Texans Schedule

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
10 wins

LMAO

Have you seen their schedule?
On the one hand we act like 10 wins mean something. On the other we say a 12 win season was meaningless & the Texans were pretenders or paper tigers.
HOME
Colts
Titans
Jags
Chiefs
Chargers
Browns
Eagles
Washington

AWAY
Colts
Titans
Jags
Bears

Cowboys
Giants
Dolphins

Raiders
Broncos

I’m counting 9 games against bad teams. Of course I don’t think we’ll win all 9.

We also somehow managed to beat Tennessee @ Tennessee with Tyrod Taylor. So I don’t think we’ll loose all 8 games against good teams

I’m hoping the Texans win more than they lose against bad teams. 6 wins maybe

I’m hoping they win at least 3 against good teams. Colts, Cowboys, & Titans.

9 wins total. Not that I think they will. Just hope.
Our schedule may be tougher than it was last year, I don't know. But I see 9 games against bad teams & I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans catch a few good teams at the right time.

I'm not saying they're going to win 10 games, but I'm asking, if they did, would it mean anything?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I'm not saying they're going to win 10 games, but I'm asking, if they did, would it mean anything?
It would mean we're a team showing improvement. Going from 4 wins to 10 wins means you're doing something better.

And you'll be getting lower round draft choices. But I don't believe we've improved enough to get to 10 wins this season anyway. I think our absolute ceiling this season is 7, maybe 8, and a 3rd place finish in the AFC south.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Stopping the run is going to be a big deal. Playing a lot of teams with good run games. Eagles, Cowboys, Washington, Cleveland. Hell, in our own division there's Indy and Tennessee, and with Etienne back with the Jags, they should be better. That's 10 games right there.

And that's not even mentioning the QBs they go up against. Ryan (twice), Herbert (yes I know he was beaten last year), Mahommes, Prescott, Carr, Wilson, and maybe Watson. That's 14 games against good run games, tier 1-2 QBs, or both.

And this was a Lovie Smith defense that was 31st in rush yards allowed, 31st in rush TD allowed, 26th rush yards per carry, and gave up the 6th most points in the league, last year.

Never mind what we get out of the offense, this schedule is going to be tough if the defense can't get up off the bottom.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Hold up wasn’t you clamoring about us not having talent. But you want to highlight that was a Lovie’s defense. And are we not going to factoring in the fact the offense not being able to get past the 50 yard line in quite a few of those games. Even after that defense forced turnovers. Those numbers do not tell the full story.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
On the one hand we act like 10 wins mean something. On the other we say a 12 win season was meaningless & the Texans were pretenders or paper tigers.

Our schedule may be tougher than it was last year, I don't know. But I see 9 games against bad teams & I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans catch a few good teams at the right time.

It would probably mean Mills played at a high level consistently for the entire season and the young draft picks were difference makers from day 1.

HouTx11

Rookie
Yes. You’re right about that. Eagles & Vikings, Texans never beat them.
I just looked at that link that you posted. The Texans are 2-10 against the state of Pennsylvania. That
The Oilers never beat the Eagles either.
Even more reason why I want to see the Houston team beat Philly for once. Houston fans have witnessed so many terrible losses at the hands of those teams from Pennsylvania. I was in the Astrodome back in December of 1991 when I saw the Oilers lose to the Eagles by a score (if I remember correctly) of 13-6.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I just looked at that link that you posted. The Texans are 2-10 against the state of Pennsylvania. That

Even more reason why I want to see the Houston team beat Philly for once. Houston fans have witnessed so many terrible losses at the hands of those teams from Pennsylvania. I was in the Astrodome back in December of 1991 when I saw the Oilers lose to the Eagles by a score (if I remember correctly) of 13-6.
Yep, Moon had that deer in the headlights look.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Strength of schedule does mean something, but at the same time, all teams change from year to year. Bad teams become good, good ones fall down. Unless you're near the top or bottom of that schedule I'm not sure how much it really means.
SOS from last year’s records doesn’t really mean much. The Texans have the 3 win Jags twice, and the 4 win Jets and Giants in that equation. Some of that could change. Are the Browns going to be sub .500? I suspect the AFC west will have 3 teams near 10 wins or better again.

Interesting to see what their SOS was before the season last year, and what it ended up being.