Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2022 OTA’s Mini Camp And Pre Season

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He has improved personnel and can open up the playbook more.

Last season it was bend but don’t break until the defense gassed and let the flood gates open.
He opened it up the last 3 or 4 games last season. Really good stuff... good mix. It was fun watching the defense all year, but those last 3/4 games you could see Lovie stretching his legs.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Who is more likeable between him and Kubiak? Both players coaches.
Just getting to know Lovie to tell you the truth. I liked Kubiak. I thought he was a good football coach & offensive coordinator.

He was here a long time, but I don’t think he ever got the team he really wanted. Defense was so bad at one time it seemed the Texans were always spending on defense. There was a time when he should have been able to spend more freely on offense but I guess drafting for defense was embedded by that time.

Maybe that was because Kubiak was more passive than he should have been.

BO’b was the total opposite. It was his way or the highway. Would have been fine, maybe, if he knew how to teach.

Hopefully Lovie is a good mix of the two. Draft went well, picking an offensive player for every defensive player.

But there are a lot of Lovie people in the building. Are we going to see another situation where a coach is clearly not producing year after year & we see goofy promotions like Godsey & Kelly because the HC doesn’t want to let go?

I’m open minded. I want to see him succeed because I want the Texans to succeed (I’m about ready to talk some smack). So we’ll see.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Just getting to know Lovie to tell you the truth. I liked Kubiak. I thought he was a good football coach & offensive coordinator.

He was here a long time, but I don’t think he ever got the team he really wanted. Defense was so bad at one time it seemed the Texans were always spending on defense. There was a time when he should have been able to spend more freely on offense but I guess drafting for defense was embedded by that time.

BO’b was the total opposite. It was his way or the highway. Would have been fine, maybe, if he knew how to teach.

Hopefully Lovie is a good mix of the two. Draft went well, picking an offensive player for every defensive player.

But there are a lot of Lovie people in the building. Are we going to see another situation where a coach is clearly not producing year after year & we see goofy promotions like Godsey & Kelly because the HC doesn’t want to let go?

I’m open minded. I want to see him succeed because I want the Texans to succeed (I’m about ready to talk some smack). So we’ll see.

"I'm my own DC."

:coffee:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

What was the commonality between the Kubiak regime and most of the BOB regime?

Caserio and Lovie appear to be on the same page, so I'm expecting better results after the rebuild is finished.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Cann can provide solid play. If the Texans get solid play at RG that is a massive upgrade over what they had under the OB/Culley regimes (minus Brandon Brooks).
I know that it is all up in the air, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point if Howard becomes permanent RT, while Cann sees most of his time at LG.