Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2022 NFL PLAYOFFS

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Well, he's played in 30 games, sure. But only 19 where's he's been the actual QB and not just in on a package deal.

I don't know if you're part of the Mills can do no wrong crowd or not, but I'm simply pointing out how the numbers are pretty similar and you've got Hurts as a career backup already, while some think Mills is the next good Schaub or better.
So to be fair, both are too young in their careers to be definitive about their careers, although I will do so for conversations sake. My anti-Hurts position is from his okay but not great act at Alabama where the last three QBs have been better than him, imo. Philly's offense works when the running game is working including Hurts carrying the rock. Let the passing game play off of the run game. When the Eagles have to dropback and pass you get what we saw for three quarters.

Mills has played what 1 or 2 complete good games with some nice halves sprinkled in. Not enough for me to get excited, but to see why the Texans could have Davis get his year where the offense is built around his skills.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Hurts - 16 TD, 9 INT, 7.3 Y/A, 87.2 PR, 48.8 QBR, 784 yards rushing, 10 rush TD
Mills - 16 TD, 10 INT, 6.8 Y/A, 88.8 PR, 35.6 QBR, 44 yards rushing, 0 rush TD
Agreed. If Davis is playing like this at this time next season, it’s time to move on.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Warner hurt his knee.

Looks like an ACL to me

Correction : Said it was an ankle.

Maybe CnD can weigh in.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I hope Shanny doesn’t go turtle & give this game to these jokers……like he did in the SB against KC.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Hurts - 16 TD, 9 INT, 7.3 Y/A, 87.2 PR, 48.8 QBR, 784 yards rushing, 10 rush TD
Mills - 16 TD, 10 INT, 6.8 Y/A, 88.8 PR, 35.6 QBR, 44 yards rushing, 0 rush TD
Okay…let’s add some perspective:

Hurts - 42 CFB Starts / 20 NFL Starts

Mills - 12 CFB Starts / 11 NFL Starts **Mills was never hyped as a running QB**

If I were picking a horse in the “Next 5-Years of an NFL QB” between Hurts and Mills….my money would be on Mills.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Okay…let’s add some perspective:

Hurts - 42 CFB Starts / 20 NFL Starts

Mills - 12 CFB Starts / 11 NFL Starts **Mills was never hyped as a running QB**

If I were picking a horse in the “Next 5-Years of an NFL QB” between Hurts and Mills….my money would be on Mills.
Good for you. My point is, it's too early to tell for either.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
McCarthy is a SB winning HC….with 10+ years of experience. The game mismanagement of the clock is inexcusable. Just makes all of the crying about Culley’s miscues look even more silly around here. It’s like I’ve been saying, crunch time, most of these guys pucker up.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
but from where they were you might have had two end zone shots.
I always thought the prevent defense will protect the sidelines to keep you from stopping the clock and the end zone to prevent the Hail Mary. They want you to throw to the middle of the field to run the clock out. The Cowboys decided to fool everyone and run instead of throw to the middle of the field. Too funny!

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
but from where they were you might have had two end zone shots.
I always thought the prevent defense will protect the sidelines to keep you from stopping the clock and the end zone to prevent the Hail Mary. They want you to throw to the middle of the field to run the clock out. The Cowboys decided to fool everyone and run instead of throw to the middle of the field. Too funny!
Which makes it all the funnier!!!