Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2022 NFL PLAYOFFS

I mean, I get what he was trying to do. But even if he pulled it off, there was a defender right there behind the receiver.

Anyway. I'm a Bengals fan for the next two weeks because I have this irrational hatred of all LA sports teams.

Agreed. I’d hate to see Odell Beckham and Jalen Ramsay get rewarded for having temper tantrums to get moved off their teams.

I do like Stafford, Donald, and Kupp though.

But the Bengals are the ultimate underdog team!

I have this irrational hatred of all LA sports teams.
??? Seems completely rational to me.

40389992328ab6fa7c9a8f8a9aa9dfe0--math-poster-high-school-classroom.jpg

I'm rooting for the Bengals in the SB. Not because I think they'll win, but because they booted the Titans and Chiefs out of the playoffs and I'm grateful to them. I don't actually care who wins, but I'll be cheering on the Bengals anyway. Hopefully it's as good a game as a lot of the playoff games have been.

The Bengals are in the Super Bowl. This is a team we have beaten twice in the post-season in recent history. Yet, they are going to the Super Bowl and the Texans do not even resemble an NFL team. Where did we go wrong?:slapfight:

and they've got $56mil available in cap space
if they cut CB Trae Waynes in favour of keeping CB Eli Apple they'll have $66mil

compliments of a penny-pinching owner
i'm interested to see if Mike Brown opens his wallet

I mean, I get what he was trying to do. But even if he pulled it off, there was a defender right there behind the receiver.

Anyway. I'm a Bengals fan for the next two weeks because I have this irrational hatred of all LA sports teams.
I dunno but wasn't that a foregone conclusion some time ago after they expended a boatload of high picks for Jimmy Gs backup ?
You know what I'm confidant Nick out-drafted the highly heralded duo of baby Shanny & GM Lynch in the 2021 QB class.

The Bengals are in the Super Bowl. This is a team we have beaten twice in the post-season in recent history. Yet, they are going to the Super Bowl and the Texans do not even resemble an NFL team. Where did we go wrong?:slapfight:
Hey Bud FYI the Bengals won a total of 4 games last year: sound familiar ?
But I'm stunned that the Chiefs blew an 18 point lead in the second half at home !

But I'm stunned that the Chiefs blew an 18 point lead in the second half at home !
Mahomes get's too fancy with his tap-dancing and scrambling in the backfield. Back to back sacks when the Chiefs had the ball close to scoring was a disaster for them that lost the game.

That is a misleading stat.

Last year they won 4 games because their #1 pick QB went down for the year with a knee injury. They didn’t need to draft a QB or rebuild. They had a majority of their draft picks. He came back this year and are going to the Super Bowl.

We won 4 games last year with our #1 QB. He sat out this year and demanded a trade after signing a contract extension months prior. That QB is being investigated right now for human trafficking and sex crimes.

I mean sure we both won 4 games last year. They had their draft picks and we had fewer picks. They had their #1 QB come back. Our #1 sat out.

and they've got $56mil available in cap space
if they cut CB Trae Waynes in favour of keeping CB Eli Apple they'll have $66mil

compliments of a penny-pinching owner
i'm interested to see if Mike Brown opens his wallet

Mahomes cap hit next year to 35 million.

Mahomes get's too fancy with his tap-dancing and scrambling in the backfield. Back to back sacks when the Chiefs had the ball close to scoring was a disaster for them that lost the game.
Mahomes did what he usually does. With his receivers he doesn’t have to throw any iffy throws, or forced throws.

it’s common for him to throw the ball behind the LOS on 3rd & 12 and still pick up the 1st down.

when Cincinnati started to rush 3 with a spy, they took away those easy unchallenged throws & made it hard for him to buy the time he usually does that allows someone to get open.

But that’s how they play. If someone isn’t WAO quickly, he buys that extra time.

Last year they won 4 games because their #1 pick QB went down for the year with a knee injury. They didn’t need to draft a QB or rebuild. They had a majority of their draft picks. He came back this year and are going to the Super Bowl.

We won 4 games last year with our #1 QB. He sat out this year and demanded a trade after signing a contract extension months prior. That QB is being investigated right now for human trafficking and sex crimes.

I mean sure we both won 4 games last year. They had their draft picks and we had fewer picks. They had their #1 QB come back. Our #1 sat out.
Lots of stats are misleading T-Bull.

Then how about they win 2 games the year before that and they’re in the SB 2 years later?

Genius.

I'm sure others have tried. Mahomes is a baaaaaad man. & he's got a bunch of Super Friends.

Cincinnati got it done. 14 AFC teams (not counting KC, & Houston because they won't snap for a few years) will be studying how they did it this offseason
With that lead and 8 in coverage, they were daring them to run the ball and neither Reid nor Bienemy adjusted.

And Mahomes wouldn’t take the check downs either.

I saw something yesterday, McVay is like 2-24 when trailing at halftime by a certain amount of points (maybe double digits)…. Both of the wins were in the NFC Championship games

McVay is overrated as a coach….I’ve seen enough of his teams over the last few years to understand that what he’s been able to do is due primarily to the talent they keep bringing in for him.

he also had some TERRIBLE challenges in both these playoff games this year.

McVay is overrated as a coach….I’ve seen enough of his teams over the last few years to understand that what he’s been able to do is due primarily to the talent they keep bringing in for him.

he also had some TERRIBLE challenges in both these playoff games this year.

I get what you're saying, but me personally? I'd love to have an overrated coach that took our team to the SB twice in four years. But that's just me.

I get what you're saying, but me personally? I'd love to have an overrated coach that took our team to the SB twice in four years. But that's just me.

im not saying he isn’t a pretty good coach, just that he’s overrated as this wunderkind. For a guy thought to be at the top of the profession, I wasn’t really impressed with his overall game management and gameplan in general….The impulsive bad challenges….. He’s been fortunate his entire run to have exceptional talent all over the field. The 1 year he didn’t have a plethora of talent to work with or at least warts began popping up, his team was mediocre.

Last edited:
im not saying he isn’t a pretty good coach, just that he’s overrated as this wunderkind. For a guy thought to be at the top of the profession, I wasn’t really impressed with his overall game management and gameplan in general….The impulsive bad challenges….. He’s been fortunate his entire run to have exceptional talent all over the field. The 1 year he didn’t have a plethora of talent to work with or at least warts began popping up, his team was mediocre.

Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from.

A lot of folks were saying Zac Taylor would have been fired last season if the owner wasn't too cheap to pay out his contract.

So kinda' cool in some ways to see these HCs in situations where the front office, coaching staff, and talent can get them to a championship. Truly the epitome of a team sport.

Gives me some hope as a Texans fan, tbh.

"People" say all sorts of things.
However, regarding Taylor getting fired last year but the owner was too cheap is just incorrect.
Mike Brown might be a doofus and flooded his front office with family who were unqualified to do the job for a long time, but he's also loyal to a fault. They could have lost all of their games last year and Taylor wasn't going to get fired. They hired him because he had a vision on how to change the culture and they were going to see it play all the way out. If anything, they should get credit for being patient, making the right picks and putting money into the team the way they have since Taylor was hired.

Can't forget how many people were saying the Bengals should have drafted Sewell at OT instead of Chase. While Sewell may very well end up a great player (not yet) Chase is already a superstar and the Bengals are still in the Super Bowl with a ridiculously horrendous o-line.

"People" say all sorts of things.
However, regarding Taylor getting fired last year but the owner was too cheap is just incorrect.
Mike Brown might be a doofus and flooded his front office with family who were unqualified to do the job for a long time, but he's also loyal to a fault. They could have lost all of their games last year and Taylor wasn't going to get fired. They hired him because he had a vision on how to change the culture and they were going to see it play all the way out. If anything, they should get credit for being patient, making the right picks and putting money into the team the way they have since Taylor was hired.

Can't forget how many people were saying the Bengals should have drafted Sewell at OT instead of Chase. While Sewell may very well end up a great player (not yet) Chase is already a superstar and the Bengals are still in the Super Bowl with a ridiculously horrendous o-line.

Good deal, man. You would know better than us NFL fans down in H-town.

By "folks" I obviously mean the national media, and it was an on-going narrative considering he'd only won 6 games in his first two seasons.

Should the Bengals fire head coach Zac Taylor? - Bengals Wire (USA Today)

No coach in Bengals history has been worse through 29 games than Zac Taylor - Cincy Jungle

Zac Taylor's Odds of Being the Next Head Coach Fired Increase After Blowout Loss to Cowboys - Sports Illustrated

yada yada yada lol :yap

I'm glad it's worked out for y'all, though! I like the underdog story and seeing a team that has never won a SB get a chance, so I'll be rooting for the Bengals to win it all!

The funny part about that is how little even the talking heads really know about an organization or how it functions internally. They (and rightfully so) typically focus on the games, the stats, and at times the above average players. That's what people hear the most.

A perfect and current example of that is now that the Bengals actually made it to the Super Bowl, the media, the talking heads, and broadcasters were talking recently about how little they know about the Bengals and how the next two weeks were about prepping to speak about them leading up to and during the game. They stated they were well aware of the typical teams and larger markets, but admitted to not knowing much about the small market Bengals.

I'm sure if people were to dig more into what makes the Texans tick, they would find more than what they saw on the field in 2021 or previous years. For the Bengals it was always, "Mike Brown is cheap", "They don't have a practice bubble", "It's a team of criminals", or some other narrative that everyone simply ran with.

My point with Taylor is that regardless of all those "reports" they weren't based on anything coming out of the Bengals front office. Again, there was nearly a 0% chance that Mike Brown was going to fire Taylor, but that doesn't get clicks, but him being on the hot seat, getting fired or who the next head coach should be surely does.

I just like hearing more about teams and thought I would share about the one i've followed forever.
Cheers !!

Back