Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2022 Charger Mock Draft

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Had reservations about posting here but went with such a Texas/Houston Bias the Texan just came out of me.

Hope someone here appreciates this or find it amusing at least. Not trying to get it right, doubt LA team drafts any of them, but different look at good, undervalued (two 6ths and four 7ths) prospects to learn more about. Enjoy!!!

1. 17 (17) Kenyon Green, OG/OT Texas A&M 6-4 323 arms 34 1/8"
Rashawn Slater, OG/OT, Northwestern 6-4 304 arms 33"
Both prospects boast solid technique and fundamentals, footwork, hand placement and body balance, hardly ever getting knocked down or off their feet. Both play multiple positions including both tackle and guard. Green is a mover, able to set the pocket @ line of scrimmage, often times gaining leverage moving pocket out not allowing pocket to collapse. He’s not the athlete or “dancing bear” that Slater is more of La’el Collins prototype RT who has proven dominant inside, but my point is as #1 OT prospect coming out of Texas #3 Nationally he’s only improved in all areas playing against top competition in SEC.

3. 15 (79). Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati 6-1 193 Consistently challenged playing opposite Sauce Gardner. Led Bearcats with 11 breakups, 3 interceptions (one for score) and totaled 45 tackles, forcing 3 fumbles thus displayed good coverage and run support toolbox.

4. 18 (123) Danny Grey, WR, SMU 6-0 196 32” arms 9 5/8” hands and he’s a burner ran 4.33 @ Combine. Has taken limited RB snaps but has produced (2 TD) is a punt and kick off returner as well.

5. 17 (160) Verone McKinnley, S, Oregon, 5-10 192 undersized Safety (know Staley likes length) but he liked Honey Badger he'll like Verone tape, always around the ball, true ball hawk, stick him @ nickle or 3rd safety. Led the Pac-12 Interceptions two years, but really fell in love with his interview, high character.

6. 16 (195) Matt Araiza, Punter, San Diego State, 6-1 200 gut feeling new special teams coordinator, Ryan Ficken, really likes FA acquisition Punter JK Scott, of course he is no Matt Araiza so he would have to become to great of value to pass up on him for Chargers to select him in the draft (but what would a Charger Mock be without him?).

6. 35 (214) David Anenih, Edge, Houston, 6-2 251 9 1/2" hands 34 3/8" arms. 37.5" Vert, 25 reps, 10'3" Broad and 4.66 forty. 3-4 LB with burst and bend. Low floor, high ceiling prospect who will compete to make the roster and contribute on special teams.

7. 15 (236) EJ Perry, QB, Brown, 6-1 212 small hands, lol destined to be a back-up QB nothing more. Stuff him on the practice squad and develop to replace Chase/Stick. Very smart, with reads, moves well in the pocket, can run when flushed, looks like a very good system QB who would be a good fit here.

7. 33 (254) Damerion Williams, CB, Houston, 5-10 180 Slot/nickel cb/safety another db body in camp to compete. Obviously going strong locally for those out west who are not familiar with some of these smaller school prospects. 4.53 forty, 34.5" vertical, 4.14 shuttle, 7 sec three cone.

7. 34 (255) Marquan McCall, DT/Nose, Kentucky, 6-2 1/4" 346 10 3/4" hands 32" arm length. Big boy with infectious enthusiasm for the game, Great Motor, run stuffing rotational tackle.

7. 39 (260) Kody Russey, Center, Houston, 6-1 1/2 301 Louisiana Tech (1st team ALL-CUSA Center) transfer who played only one season for the Cougars (named Team Captain)played all 14 games (availability) and had himself exceptional pro day 38 reps in bench and 30" vertical only 5 interior linemen at the Combine jumped 30" or more (he was not invited).

Not one comment so far about Slater/Green comp. You know Slater was classified as a Guard just like Green. Green is actually 1” taller and over 34” arms go figure….

Dancing Bears are Left Tackle's you don’t have to be one of those to play RT. Kenyon Green’s comp coming out of Atascocita High School as #1 OT prospect in the State of Texas was La’el Collins. Damn right he can play RT, but LG is plug and play.

Dancing Bears are Left Tackle's you don’t have to be one of those to play RT. Kenyon Green’s comp coming out of Atascocita High School as #1 OT prospect in the State of Texas was La’el Collins. Damn right he can play RT, but LG is plug and play.

Love Green,

For those that say Green can't play or they need to check him out against Alabama and Anderson playing LT. He's also played well at RT. If I was Staley I would start Green out at RT. Although I think he can be an all pro LG.

Love Green,

For those that say Green can't play or they need to check him out against Alabama and Anderson playing LT. He's also played well at RT. If I was Staley I would start Green out at RT. Although I think he can be an all pro LG.
Why would you advise playing Green @ LG and not RG after saying he could play RT ?
In other words why don't you keep him on just one side of the center where he could be consistently right or left-handed?

Why would you advise playing Green @ LG and not RG after saying he could play RT ?
In other words why don't you keep him on just one side of the center where he could be consistently right or left-handed?
Based upon last year, one, to keep left side of Herbert clean (they could have moved Fieler to RT when Storm and Pipkins struggled and Bulaga went down for season) two, LG is his natural position. Three, he can play four positions so he could easily move around as needed, RG no problem.

Last edited:
I’m in minority that feel Kenyon could be a starting RT in the NFL. Just need to get him drafted and improve protection for Justin Herbert first. Rest will work itself over time. Feiler is no where near OL prospect that Green is and has proven for Steelers effective playing RT, so there is no reason the move won’t eventually work itself out. He would be far cleaner than Penning right out the gate starting RT but I’m willing to take take baby steps and build chemistry and continuity.

No one is drafting Green in the 1st round to play OT. Not San Diego or anyone else.

He can play anywhere on the OL. I think he can be an all pro LG or RG. It's just that he's played the most at LG in College Station.

Back