Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2020 NFL Draft / Rounds 4 - 7

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Texans picks on Day 3:

The Texans have the 5th pick on day 3. So my top 5 players (for the Texans) would be:

Bryce Hall - CB, Virginia
Reggie Robinson - CB, Tulsa
Kenny Robinson - S, West Virginia (XFL)
Shane Lemieux - OG, Oregon
John Simpson - OG, Clemson

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Texans picks on Day 3:

The Texans have the 5th pick on day 3. So my top 5 players (for the Texans) would be:

Amik/Lynch as well

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I'll take teammates for $200 BOB.....what is OG- John Simpson, Clemson in RD4 and OC/OG- Gage Cervanka, Clemson in RD7.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Texans picks on Day 3:

This will be an important pick for us.
I like all those guys you have chosen.
I would also add Amik Robertson CB to your list for pick 111.
I really badly want Anthony McFarland on this team and I doubt he falls to our 7th round picks so might have to take him @171. Unless some team wants more picks and we can cobble all 3 7ths and move up.
Gage Cervenka, the strong man, would also be interesting to have on this team but likely falls between 171 and our 7ths. Maybe just take him at 171.
We could also try trading next years 6th to move in around 190 for McFarland or Cervenka.

Last edited:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Minnesota is sitting on 13 picks today. 3 each in the 4th, 5th, and 6th, along with 4 in the 7th. They aren't making all 13 picks. I wonder if the Texans couldn't trade down with them and take an extra 5th, 6th, & 7th?

badboy

Hall of Fame
So this Heck guy is depth?
Yes IMO we still need OG unless OBrien thinks Roderick Johnson is the future. This solidifies for me that Fulton not going anywhere and may play out his 2021 final year. I don't see Heck having anchor base to play OG but could be correct guy as a swing behind Howard and Tunsil and he should have time to develop. Devlin.. sigh.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yes IMO we still need OG unless OBrien thinks Roderick Johnson is the future. This solidifies for me that Fulton not going anywhere and may play out his 2021 final year. I don't see Heck having anchor base to play OG but could be correct guy as a swing behind Howard and Tunsil and he should have time to develop. Devlin.. sigh.
Howard would probably slide into OG if injury hits.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Why do you say this. After Howard went down it was obvious OT depth was a big need.

On another note, WTF is Luke Bryan doing singing during the NFL Draft.

Stupid.
Trying to bring in those covid dollars that NFL is matching but I thought same thing.

rmartin65

Phil Kessel: Nice Guy. Tries Hard.
Why do you say this. After Howard went down it was obvious OT depth was a big need.
Disclaimer- like I said in a previous thread, I didn't watch any football this year, so I am basically talking out of my fill-in-the-blank. All my opinions for this draft is based on reading stuff on the internet and checking out the occasional clip on youtube. As such, I can't get worked up about it, but my initial gut-feeling is unimpressed- tall tackle (leverage issues), lacks functional strength, etc.

It's not a disaster. I am just not impressed.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
have the Texans taken any DBs yet? And we could have used those 7s for ST help.

but what do I know?

I spoke too soon.
John Reid CB, Penn St. in rd 4

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
that you say two picks are worthless says you don't have confidence in our GM to find diamonds in the rough
I like the fact that they were aggressive in trading down to get two 4th rd picks and trade back up to get their guy. They just missed out on Robertson but ended up with Reid who I think can be a very solid nickle CB. Guy is fast and pretty agile, can turn hips and run. Played outside at Penis St. but due to his lack of height is more of a nickle in the NFL. Dude is talented no doubt about that.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
have the Texans taken any DBs yet? And we could have used those 7s for ST help.

but what do I know?

I spoke too soon.
John Reid CB, Penn St. in rd 4
OB likes to sign special teamers to contracts instead of drafting them. :kitten:

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Houston Texans 2020 draft picks tracker

ROUNDOVERALLPLAYER SELECTEDGRADE
240*DL Ross Blacklock, TCUA-
390EDGE Jonathan Greenard, FloridaA
4126*OT Charlie Heck, North CarolinaC-
4141*^CB John Reid, Penn StateA
from CBS Sports

looks like a bit of a wait until the next Texans' pick

am I the only one digging this televised format much more than the usual overdone dog & pony show?

Last edited: