Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2020 hc candidates

You have it backwards, look at how much he did with the Bills and Jerry Jones. I say allow him to build (again) with a quarterback that's on a tier FAR beyond those - who knows what could happen. Especially without ridiculous ownership ruling the coaching staff*. He has the experience to bring in immediate talent at the higher coaching levels as well as a combined tree to groom. Wade's not going to get weird and assume the role of offensive coordinator, but he can target coaches best suited to help the offense grow. He can be a great head coach, because he has the experience and talent to coach and acquire coaches.

Last edited:
Imagine what Kubiak could do with Watson and this WR group.... He had plenty of flaws no doubt. But the offense scoring points was rarely one of them.

You could add the running game to that with the zone blocking system which is looking rather lovely up there in San Francisco. More to it than O'Brien's method of, "Let's run it up the gut!"

Imagine what Kubiak could do with Watson and this WR group.... He had plenty of flaws no doubt. But the offense scoring points was rarely one of them.

I imagine they would be very mediocre

Shocking the WC offense crowd is out in full force.

I kinda hope you get to see DW4 f/u in a WC offense too.

Not a good start to the next relationship if he throws his Head coach, offensive coordinator, general manager and only board member with a vote under the bus in a single sentence.

I think this is more than likely the case. Watson isn't going to become a player who shifts the blame on his HC and throws him under the bus. Everyone (well, almost) can see exactly what's wrong with Bill O'Brien and there's no point in Watson piling on here. He's either going to have to keep working with the man or forge a new relationship with his successor. That will be easier to do if he doesn't have a reputation for taking a giant dump on his HC when things go wrong.

OK, then I'll just slowly go back to rooting for the Niners until it happens. I've already been lurching back. Every time I watch one of their games, a part of my childhood comes back to me.

My sports fandom is worn too thin with all the sports bullshit I've been through to waste time on unserious franchises who have some sort of fetish for this failure.

Yep, I won’t be watching the Texans anymore either until he goes. Sucks because I really wanted to follow Deshaun but for w.e reason Deshaun wants O’Brien to stay. Between O’Briens first season & now, the only thing that has changed is the Texans have more talent to waste.

OK, then I'll just slowly go back to rooting for the Niners until it happens. I've already been lurching back. Every time I watch one of their games, a part of my childhood comes back to me.

My sports fandom is worn too thin with all the sports bullshit I've been through to waste time on unserious franchises who have some sort of fetish for this failure.

They got my our fellow Patriot Jimmy G. :)

I just ended up taking a harder look at baseball and found out I like to watch it much more than I did when I was a kid. I stay in "Far Texans Orbit" out of habit but I waste no time on them. I don't believe in them even a little bit. Bill O'Brien was a huge mistake (one I admit I was for at the time) and it just rubbed out what enthusiasm I had for the team.

Yeah, I was really excited for the OB hire when it happened. He was the first HC hire I got really excited for. He hasn't been trash by the numbers, but for me it was the year with Osweiller when I finally lost all patience and confidence that he'd ever be a great HC. He had been through to many QB's and been awful with every single one of them, and didn't evolve in any one certain area. The best thing that ever happened to OB was all of those injuries that year where the team basically tanked into 4-12 or whatever, because that carried another excuse for another year for him. This kind of loss should have been the last straw, but we know it won't. Years wasted off of people's careers.

Bieniemy and Roman make the most sense. They have experience with mobile QBs and wouldn’t need a pure pocket passer like Brady (like McDaniels might.)

To add to this - you got have a coach who can look Watson in the eye and say - this is how we knew we could beat you.

Coming from the outside from a coach from the Ravens and Chiefs that humiliated Watson on the national stage should hit him square in the face.

Then he can really start growing and learning to be that QB we know he can be that OB can never make him.

In all honestly I think u guys should stop thinking inside of a box and go out and get (w8 4 it)

TOM BRADY.

He is going to retire from Qbing but he is the perfect guy to set up a system for a QB like Watson to win.

He is "cerebral" and does nothing but win. he knows offence. he reads defence. he eats football

U think he's just gonna count his millions and hump his supermodel wife when he hangs up his cleats?

Nope.

Tom would instantly put the Texans on the map and that map leads right 2 multiple superbowl wins.

In all honestly I think u guys should stop thinking inside of a box and go out and get (w8 4 it)

TOM BRADY.

He is going to retire from Qbing but he is the perfect guy to set up a system for a QB like Watson to win.

He is "cerebral" and does nothing but win. he knows offence. he reads defence. he eats football

U think he's just gonna count his millions and hump his supermodel wife when he hangs up his cleats?

Nope.

Tom would instantly put the Texans on the map and that map leads right 2 multiple superbowl wins.

This actually a real good idea for real but maybe he should start as qb coach for a year before taking the head coach job.

Plus we dont know what kinda punishment he may get for CHEATING like the ASTROS...

I imagine they would be very mediocre

Shocking the WC offense crowd is out in full force.

I kinda hope you get to see DW4 f/u in a WC offense too.

You’ve said this before, why do you not like the WC offense? I know 5 of the 8 teams in the divisional round run it, 4 of which were in the championship games. I’m not sure what you’d consider Baltimore’s or Seattle’s offensive system

I love watching SF on offense. KS has added elements of the gap and power scheme to running game and it’s awesome to watch. IMO, you can still be a game plan offense while running the WCO. I don’t think the use of a particular system prevents you from attacking your opponents weaknesses

I'd seriously approach Urban Meyer. Name someone better at recruiting and finding talent...or winning big games. Doesn't need to worry about paying players either!
Urban Meyer officially retired from coaching due to health reasons. I doubt he would want any part of our mess with the Texans.

Urban Meyer officially retired from coaching due to health reasons. I doubt he would want any part of our mess with the Texans.

Urban's retirements mean literally nothing. He retires as much as an analyst on ESPN flip flops. He falls back on his health hazards more than a 4th grader who doesn't want to go to school any time his team loses a significant amount of players or where an investigation heats up. Urban goes wherever he smells opportunity and ease of a situation. And no the Texans shouldn't want him. He'd bail on the Texans way before they'd ever bail on him.

Urban's retirements mean literally nothing. He retires as much as an analyst on ESPN flip flops. He falls back on his health hazards more than a 4th grader who doesn't want to go to school any time his team loses a significant amount of players or where an investigation heats up. Urban goes wherever he smells opportunity and ease of a situation. And no the Texans shouldn't want him. He'd bail on the Texans way before they'd ever bail on him.
He has only retired once. He quit one position, and took a leave of absence at another.

I'm becoming more and more of an NFL fan than a Texans fan. Your last line says it all. I have absolutely no confidence in the Texans ownership with regards to make winning the highest priority. I have never sensed it, and it is very clear now that Cal is a beta personality that thrives on status quo. He will never be an owner to hold the men who run his franchise accountable. And I have a gut feeling that he does not have a burning fire in him to achieve a championship. He's clearly "blah", and his team reflects it.

I was close to buying one of these types of hats last season and just avoid wearing any Texans gear. You wear gear when you're proud. I am not proud of this franchise.

NFLHat2.jpg

I'll pull the trigger on the purchase this off-season when they go on sale.

Now that the Texans have revealed themselves to be the next generation of Houston chokers, taking the title from the Oilers, I do not feel this team deserves us as fans. Yeah, they can brag about us as customers, but being a fan is much more than a financial investment. It's an emotional, belief-driven investment, and my own vibe about this franchise is flat-lined right now.

This ownership and head coach are freakin' duds. Expecting anything great from duds is just being stupid. No offense to anyone else, but I'm not going to choose to be stupid about this perpetually disappointing franchise until they do something to reveal that they are more than what they have defined themselves.

I'll still loosely follow the Texans. I'm a native Houstonian and we seem to have that loyalty down to a fault. But, that doesn't mean I believe or really give a crap. It's just a bad habit for an NFL fan at this point.

/close

Deshaun has Stockholm syndrome.

He has only retired once. He quit one position, and took a leave of absence at another.

He quit on Florida like 2 or three times, and it became very predictable from him. The minute that the heat came for him at Ohio State along with the scandals he contributed towards, he ran with his tail between his legs. GTFO. Lol!

You’ve said this before, why do you not like the WC offense? I know 5 of the 8 teams in the divisional round run it, 4 of which were in the championship games. I’m not sure what you’d consider Baltimore’s or Seattle’s offensive system

I love watching SF on offense. KS has added elements of the gap and power scheme to running game and it’s awesome to watch. IMO, you can still be a game plan offense while running the WCO. I don’t think the use of a particular system prevents you from attacking your opponents weaknesses

I like Shaany's version of the WCO better than Kubiak's. I like gameplan for each opponent type offenses. Not an offense that says this is what we do stop it. Because I've seen far too many times the offense being stopped.

I just dont get all of the romanticizing about Kubiak around here, he was an avg HC.

So as long as names are being thrown out there and its all just theory has anyone considered that there is a very, very small chance that Belichick might open to it? Hear me out, Brady is very close to Kraft even to the point that he got Jimmy G traded against BB's wishes so that says to me that he might have more pull with Kraft than even BB does. If Kraft forces BB to sign Brady against his wishes I could actually see BB saying F you and leaving.

Now here is where it gets interesting from our point of view. Easterby is already down here and there is still a good chance Caserio might be on his way. These are two guys that BB clearly feels he can trust given how long they were in NE. Likewise the McNairs have shown they are completely happy to turn the reigns over to someone else while they sit up in the owners box. So org wise the Texans are set up basically exactly how NE is just without the same leadership in those roles. BB could come in and be given the keys to the kingdom and the McNairs will just sit back and watch the money being printed.

Team wise BB maybe more a defense guy but having a QB with Watson's ceiling has got to have an appeal and he has said in the past that if you look up NFL receiver you will see Hopkins picture. Defense wise they are a little weak but there is some talent there it just needs developed. Even the no first round drafts picks wouldn't deter him because the Pats have either picked so far in the 1st it might as well have been a 2nd, or had their first taken away by the league, for over a decade.

Even Houston and Texas might have some appeal because you know that cold weather has got to be getting harder the older he gets and Texas has that wonderful no income tax law so even if the Texans just match another team's offer its still more because he would keep more.

Will it ever happen, of course it won't the only way someone will get BB out of NE is on a stretcher but if we are just theory crafting anyway there are reasons to think it could happen.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I like Shaany's version of the WCO better than Kubiak's. I like gameplan for each opponent type offenses. Not an offense that says this is what we do stop it. Because I've seen far too many times the offense being stopped.

I just dont get all of the romanticizing about Kubiak around here, he was an avg HC.
I agree Kubiak is an average HC but he is a top 5 offensive coordinator in this league. I think people miss the system more than they do the man.

I agree Kubiak is an average HC but he is a top 5 offensive coordinator in this league. I think people miss the system more than they do the man.
The only 2 seasons we made the playoffs with Kubiak, Arian Foster was in his prime. The following season Foster was injured in the preseason and played injured all year, we finished 2-11 under Kubiak. Not saying there is a direct relation, but other than the few good years with Foster, Kubiak wasnt anything special here.

You guys are wasting your time imagining about a new HC for the Texans anytime soon and I'd also like to see O'Brien replaced too but ain't gonna happen until he has one of those 4-12 or 3-13 seasons so just get to use to O'Brien being around for least awhile longer.

Back