Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2020 Draft

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Texans have already made 4 picks in next year's draft.

1st - Laremy Tunsil
2nd - TBD
*3rd - Duke Johnson (if he plays 10 games-likely)
3rd - Gareon Conley
4th - TBD (from Miami)
*4th - TBD (Johnson if he plays less than 10 games)
5th - TBD
6th - Keion Crossen
7th - TBD
Tunsil was a steal in the 1st, didn’t think a quality LT would drop that far with all the teams that tanked this year. I’m beating he will play like a 3 year NFL vet on day one. :clown:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Who is Gareon Conley?

Edit: nvrmnd...read that thread now

Last edited:

LikeMike

Veteran
From a pure talent /pickvalue perspective, this looks good. I know we have to factor in another first for Tunsil, but I am fine with that as well. I don't think our draft picks would be better than the players we got in the trades.

The problem is something else: salary cap. You get rookies for rather cheap and on 4-5 year contracts. You need those rookie contracts to get a well rounded team. We will have to pay soon to keep most of these players - in Tunsil case a lot (highest paid LT for sure), in Conleys and Johnsons case the jury is still out.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
From a pure talent /pickvalue perspective, this looks good. I know we have to factor in another first for Tunsil, but I am fine with that as well. I don't think our draft picks would be better than the players we got in the trades.

The problem is something else: salary cap. You get rookies for rather cheap and on 4-5 year contracts. You need those rookie contracts to get a well rounded team. We will have to pay soon to keep most of these players - in Tunsil case a lot (highest paid LT for sure), in Conleys and Johnsons case the jury is still out.
Yes, but the best thing that has happened for the Texans here is that all of the players listed are young enough to be long-term contributors.

Tunsil- 25 (FA 2021)...Really when not it on an extension
D. Johnson- 26 (FA 2022)
Conley- 24 (FA 2022) Texans will need to make option decision before then
Crossen-23 (FA 2022)

The trades as a whole have managed to give the Texans more immediate impact w/o aging the team drastically...

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yes, but the best thing that has happened for the Texans here is that all of the players listed are young enough to be long-term contributors.

Tunsil- 25 (FA 2021)...Really when not it on an extension
D. Johnson- 26 (FA 2022)
Conley- 24 (FA 2022) Texans will need to make option decision before then
Crossen-23 (FA 2022)

The trades as a whole have managed to give the Texans more immediate impact w/o aging the team drastically...
All of the guys traded for have multiple yrs left on their rookie contracts, excluding Stills who has 2 yrs left on his contract. The point is they traded guys who will be here for awhile and are young.

BTW, I also expect a 3rd rd comp pick for losing KJax/Matheiu.