Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2019 TEXANS PLAYER TRANSACTIONS

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Horrible news!

Per rotoworld:

Texans placed DE Duke Ejiofor (Achilles) on the reserve/injured list.
Ejiofor tore his Achilles in a recent workout and will miss the entire 2019 season. The 2018 sixth-rounder logged nine tackles and one sack over 174 snaps as a rookie.

SOURCE: Houston Texans PR on Twitter
May 10, 2019, 1:35 PM ET
<scream> another promising player whose promise was not kept

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Aaron Wilson‏@AaronWilson_NFL 2m2 minutes ago

Texans agreed to a free agent deal with Appalachian State safety Austin Exford, including a $1,000 signing bonus and $5,000 of his base salary guaranteed, according to a source

Texans just agreed to a free agent deal with North Carolina State wide receiver Stephen Louis, no signing bonus, according to a source

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

Ohio State wide receiver Johnnie Dixon has agreed to a free agent deal with the Texans. He worked out for receivers coach John Perry privately before the draft

North Alabama safety Chris Johnson has agreed to a free agent deal with the Texans, per a source

Texans reached a free agent deal with Ohio State offensive lineman Malcolm Pridgeon, according to a league source

Clemson DL Albert Huggins to the Texans on an undrafted free agent deal, per a league source

badboy

Hall of Fame

Ohio State wide receiver Johnnie Dixon has agreed to a free agent deal with the Texans. He worked out for receivers coach John Perry privately before the draft

North Alabama safety Chris Johnson has agreed to a free agent deal with the Texans, per a source

Texans reached a free agent deal with Ohio State offensive lineman Malcolm Pridgeon, according to a league source

Clemson DL Albert Huggins to the Texans on an undrafted free agent deal, per a league source
I like all four but Dixon's knees really concern me.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
That just leaves Warring IIRC.
and apparently, this is the "norm" across the league with 3rd rounders

https://www.profootballrumors.com/

Negotiations for third round picks also tend to take longer due to a relative lack of structure in the bylaws for their deals. That explains why a whopping 29 of this year’s 38 third round choices are unsigned as of this writing.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Aaron Wilson‏@AaronWilson_NFL 37m37 minutes ago
Texans signed former Arkansas State linebacker Xavier Woodson-Luster following a rookie minicamp tryout, per a source, after cutting Georgia State linebacker Chase Middleton
Spent time on Raiders/Browns active rosters last 2 seasons and Bills practice squad as well. ST player that both Sealy and Gaine know from their time in Oakland/Buffalo.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
The way the Texans ST's performed it just wasn't done
I don't know if it was that or simply poor coaching.

Philosophically I prefer selecting players as the best depth for a position and teaching them STs rather than having STers who have no realistic shot at playing a position (except extraordinary returners). I don't even like spending a roster spot & cap on a long snapper.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

Philosophically I prefer selecting players as the bst depth for a position and teaching them STs rather than having STers who have no realistic shot at playing a position (except extraordinary returners). I don't even like spending a roster spot & cap on a long snapper.
Texans ST's have sucked since forever, even when known quality special team coaches were employed

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The biggest thing I've noticed is they aren't drawing a flag nearly every damn play. That smacks of discipline & coaching to me.
True

They also added guys like PK/Bademosi etc... with ST's in mind.

This yr I look for guys like Crawford/Gillaspia/Dixon to further upgrade the ST's.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch

Philosophically I prefer selecting players as the bst depth for a position and teaching them STs rather than having STers who have no realistic shot at playing a position (except extraordinary returners). I don't even like spending a roster spot & cap on a long snapper.

Maybe ST play is the tie breaker when scouting / signing players. idonno:

It's usually a throw in on most scouting reports.

:coffee:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Ryan Griffin will catch on somewhere because he's an experienced NFL player, not because he's been particularly good. I wish him the best. May he do a better job of controlling his temper.

IMO, for the Texans, it's a case of addition by subtraction. He had become the cork in the bottle holding back the other tight ends.

This also means that OB and his new OC are liking what they have on the tight end depth chart. It will be fun to watch.
Something tells me to not be completely surprised if Griffin is picked up by NE.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This also means that OB and his new OC are liking what they have on the tight end depth chart. It will be fun to watch.
That's a long decision to make. Hard to say with these guys. How could they be looking to replace a guy they consistently trotted into the field?

I could understand if he were their only option, but he wasn't. They consistently acted as if he were their best option.

They may have let him go because his attitude took a serious dive since his incident & he's yet to recover.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
That's a long decision to make. Hard to say with these guys. How could they be looking to replace a guy they consistently trotted into the field?

I could understand if he were their only option, but he wasn't. They consistently acted as if he were their best option.

They may have let him go because his attitude took a serious dive since his incident & he's yet to recover.
yeah, considering how long it took, they may have decided he was putting himself above the team

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
This is where we come to document completed player transactions (for future information retrieval), not to discuss those players which can be done elsewhere. And is this also the time I have to ask (as has been pointed out to me in the past) why we are discussing a released player's future plans in TexansTalk, not in The National Football League section, as he is no longer a Texan?:texflag:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This is where we come to document completed player transactions (for future information retrieval), not to discuss those players which can be done elsewhere. And is this also the time I have to ask (as has been pointed out to me in the past) why we are discussing a released player's future plans in TexansTalk, not in The National Football League section, as he is no longer a Texan?:texflag:
Thanks Doc. We used to have moderators doing this kind of policing.

Now, it's like the inmates are running the prison.

RIP